Just wanted to share some information that may be of some help to anyone experiencing similar problems that I am facing with a z10. My wife and I both bought z10's when they first became available on att. Both have worked mostly flawlessly and we both love the phones. About a month ago my wife was updating some apps through bbw and during one of the updates the phone shut off and never turned back on. The only thing it would do is the red light would turn on solid for several minutes and then shut off. I have tried all suggestions to try to bring it back. Computer will not recognize it so i can't try to restore the os. I tried removing the battery and plugging it in and turning it on but still nothing. I ended up ordering a new z10 on amazon and got my wife back up and running. Now with this new phone it is starting to have blue screens, usually when she is not even using it. It will reboot and then it seems to work ok. After the last blue screen she mentioned that each time it has blue screened it was plugged into the charger and when her last phone died it was plugged into the same charger. We both use the playbook charger and we have our own chargers we use and never use each others chargers. Im not willing to try plugging in my phone into the possible problem charger to see if my phone will experience the same issue. Im not 100% certain that it is the charger but it seems to be the common link with the dead Z10 and the blue screens. I know a few people have reported the bluescreens and it does not seem to be very common.
    10-06-14 08:25 AM
    I have a Z10 bought new when Tmo first carried. I have had a lot of blue screen/reboots. I have only used the stock, wall plug charger. However, the few times I used the stock car charger I got restarts. Otherwise, all my blue screen/reboots have been with the phone not charging. That said, I am one who recommends only using the stock charger. BTW it may be some of us are getting blue screens for different reasons.

Oh, and, I recently bought a new Z10 and it is having none of these issues. FWIW.
    Last edited by scrannel; 10-06-14 at 09:52 AM.
    10-06-14 09:41 AM
    Just wanted to share some information that may be of some help to anyone experiencing similar problems that I am facing with a z10. My wife and I both bought z10's when they first became available on att. Both have worked mostly flawlessly and we both love the phones. About a month ago my wife was updating some apps through bbw and during one of the updates the phone shut off and never turned back on. The only thing it would do is the red light would turn on solid for several minutes and then shut off. I have tried all suggestions to try to bring it back. Computer will not recognize it so i can't try to restore the os. I tried removing the battery and plugging it in and turning it on but still nothing. I ended up ordering a new z10 on amazon and got my wife back up and running. Now with this new phone it is starting to have blue screens, usually when she is not even using it. It will reboot and then it seems to work ok. After the last blue screen she mentioned that each time it has blue screened it was plugged into the charger and when her last phone died it was plugged into the same charger. We both use the playbook charger and we have our own chargers we use and never use each others chargers. Im not willing to try plugging in my phone into the possible problem charger to see if my phone will experience the same issue. Im not 100% certain that it is the charger but it seems to be the common link with the dead Z10 and the blue screens. I know a few people have reported the bluescreens and it does not seem to be very common.
    Had same issue. Blue screen. Then would not start again. It is my pb charger have never used it for anything else other then pb. Now

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 10:16 AM