The Z10 was my first blackberry. I got this when it was freshly launched in India back in april, for the initial full price INR 43500 ( ~ 700USD). Right now the price is at INR 26000 (~ 420USD). This didnt bother me much, because i loved this phone!
    Pretty soon i noticed a bright spot on my display(which i hadnt noticed earlier). I took this to the service centre and they replaced it without any hassles. Only problem is that the replacement unit took around 15days to arrive.
    The story doesnt end here. After having realised that many people face different build related issues (display defect, creaky battery door among many others!) i made a thorough inspection of the replacement unit. Turns out i wasnt thorough enough!!
    20days with this new device, i notice there are black spots (like small cracks) that appear on the camera mode. These cracks appeared on every photo taken. I thought this must be dust, and got the glass cover for the lens cleaned using a micro-fibre cloth. This didnt solve the problem. I was told at the service centre that its most likely a damaged lens. Manufacturing defect, no surprise there!!

worst part is just before i hand over the device, i noticed a bright spot on the lowermost corner of the screen, near the search icon on the display. I'm expecting a call tomorrow, asking me to wait another 15 days for a replacement to come in.

Rest assured i will never buy Blackberrys again. I sincerely loved the phone, but its highly annoying that my phone stays with the service centre more than with me. I have never once had an issue of quality with other phones.

My worst fear now is that, given the replacement after another 15days, i will surely have to examine it under microscopic conditions, because there will most certainly be defect. Although its a small spot, i refuse to have to put up with it, because i paid for it. Pardon my OCD, but once you see such spots, you just cant unsee it!

Blackberry, I understand youre not currently in your best position, but please, PLEASE have mercy on me, i have spent enough time trying to fix my phone, let me use it this once ?? Please ??
    11-07-13 04:40 PM
    Oh my god! I am so sorry! This sounds like a nightmare for you! Your phone has not spent much time with you, has it? I believe those defects are really unacceptable. I have not heard of anyone else having defective camera lenses and bright spots on the display. Must be they are send inferior units to you in your country??? Unbelievable. I cannot imagine how disappointed you feel and of course, don't blame you for having no faith!!! I do hope they replace the unit and it is perfect tho! You should enjoy your Z10!!!!!!!!!!
    rkeerti likes this.
    11-07-13 05:21 PM
    Quite crying! Baby!

Posted via CB10
    pvphooman and curvezzz like this.
    11-07-13 08:06 PM
    Although this doesn't help the author of this post, I've had my Z10 since launch day. It's never had the problems the author has had. Still working great with out any issues.

I think the build quality is just fine.
    CDM76 and pvphooman like this.
    11-07-13 08:12 PM
    Been there done that,.. On my fourth Z10. Verizon Wireless, replaced it for me after certain criteria met. White bright spot, 2 times for blown speaker, first time so hot couldn't touch it (no leaks installed). I hope this one makes it longer then four months! Good Luck pal.
    rkeerti likes this.
    11-07-13 08:13 PM
    Quite crying! Baby!

Crybaby you mean ?? Is it strange to refuse to put up with a defective unit ??
    Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 10:00 PM
    Oh my god! I am so sorry! This sounds like a nightmare for you! Your phone has not spent much time with you, has it? I believe those defects are really unacceptable. I have not heard of anyone else having defective camera lenses and bright spots on the display. Must be they are send inferior units to you in your country??? Unbelievable. I cannot imagine how disappointed you feel and of course, don't blame you for having no faith!!! I do hope they replace the unit and it is perfect tho! You should enjoy your Z10!!!!!!!!!!
    Yes, i have seen many defective units here. My dad's Z10 has a black mark on the lower corner of the LCD. He doesnt seem to mind though. I just feel a bit finicky since I've paid a big deal!
    11-07-13 10:03 PM
    Been there done that,.. On my fourth Z10. Verizon Wireless, replaced it for me after certain criteria met. White bright spot, 2 times for blown speaker, first time so hot couldn't touch it (no leaks installed). I hope this one makes it longer then four months! Good Luck pal.
    Thanks, and good luck to you too!!
    11-07-13 10:04 PM
    I understand your pain. Went through same for my eariler phone, 9810. Replaced it twice, once for a sensetive lock button and second time for a brick... Got lucky third time and it was a rock solid unit. Still have perfect slider movement after 2 years of heavy use and not to mention some ugly drops !!

But my experience, BBRY India is very supportive in those cases but yeah, takes time.

Have faith. They will help you defenitely.

All the best and take care. So let us know the updates.
    rkeerti likes this.
    11-08-13 12:29 AM
    If the artifacts appear on the LCD viewfinder, then it's a hardware issue. If not, then possibly software.

I wonder how people get so many bum phones, but then I see people bragging about dropping them, and I put my palm against my face and sigh.
    11-08-13 12:33 AM
    Things like this happen it is unfortunate that you had 2 defective units but $==t happens.

To be honest I would not have left the service center without a replacement never mind wait 15 days but that all depends on your rights in regards to trading laws etc.
    I would get down the service center and get face to face with the manager after all they are the ones who sold you a defective product
    rkeerti likes this.
    11-08-13 12:47 AM
    At what point do you realize it just might be the user....

Posted via CB10
    11-08-13 12:53 AM
    I wonder how people get so many bum phones, but then I see people bragging about dropping them, and I put my palm against my face and sigh
    I dropped my Z10 lots of times even down the stairs, works fine, I have never broke a phone even with having them in my pocket and having motorcycle crash , often my phones look battered but I never broke one.
    CDM76 likes this.
    11-08-13 12:55 AM
    Wow. Bad luck I guess. Sorry OP!

"If you can't soar with the eagles then don't fly with the flock!" (BBM#18)
    rkeerti likes this.
    11-08-13 01:01 AM
    That is a drag as I have not had problems from day one except for operator error! I would make them give you a new one on the spot this time. Once this is corrected I'm sure you will have a great experience. My Z10 does everything I need and more.. Good Luck & I'd be interested in your experience once you get this worked out... Rocking with my Z10 & 64GB Playbook
    rkeerti likes this.
    11-08-13 01:02 AM
    I dropped my Z10 lots of times even down the stairs, works fine, I have never broke a phone even with having them in my pocket and having motorcycle crash , often my phones look battered but I never broke one.
    I broke my first Torch 9800. It fell out of my pocket and I accidentally drove over it with my F150. It still worked, just the screen was f'd. My Z10 has been nothing but awesome. My gf came to BlackBerry because of the issues she had with iPhone 4. Having the phone 8 months now she says she loves her Z10.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-13 01:04 AM
    Wow. Dropped my Z10 not one foot odd the ground and it got the tiniest of cracks. That however was enough to render the whole screen useless. I hope BlackBerry can fix this. Had to get another Z10.

Last edited by Undbiter65; 11-08-13 at 08:05 AM.
    11-08-13 01:07 AM
    That is a drag as I have not had problems from day one except for operator error! I would make them give you a new one on the spot this time. Once this is corrected I'm sure you will have a great experience. My Z10 does everything I need and more.. Good Luck & I'd be interested in your experience once you get this worked out... Rocking with my Z10 & 64GB Playbook
    The service centres in my city, are not actually service centres, but merely collection points. The actual servicing is done after the phone is shipped to another city, from this collection centre. 9/10 cases they convince the user the live with the defect citing very late replacements, possible problems in the replacement unit, something else going wrong during repair etc. And sadly as of now, there seems to be no other option other than these people!

In the rare case that they accept a phone for replacement, they ensure that a defective unit is given in return
    I met a few people in this centre who i met earlier, and turns out they are all regular visitors ! One thing for certain is, none of these people will remain with BB. This pathetic service policy needs to be seriously revised. They are pissing off an already declining customer base.
    11-08-13 08:02 AM
    Wow. Bad luck I guess. Sorry OP!

Bad luck is a one off thing, Twice ?? It is poor Quality Control coupled with pathetic After Sales Service!!
    And if anyone has to feel sorry, its BB
    11-08-13 08:04 AM
    At what point do you realize it just might be the user....

Posted via CB10
    Trust me, its not the user. A lot of the Z10s i saw around have lcd issues. Spots, Marks you name it. Just that most people aren't that bothered by it, some don't even notice it!!
    11-08-13 08:06 AM
    The Z10 was my first blackberry. I got this when it was freshly launched in India back in april, for the initial full price INR 43500 ( ~ 700USD). Right now the price is at INR 26000 (~ 420USD). This didnt bother me much, because i loved this phone!
    Pretty soon i noticed a bright spot on my display(which i hadnt noticed earlier). I took this to the service centre and they replaced it without any hassles. Only problem is that the replacement unit took around 15days to arrive.
    The story doesnt end here. After having realised that many people face different build related issues (display defect, creaky battery door among many others!) i made a thorough inspection of the replacement unit. Turns out i wasnt thorough enough!!
    20days with this new device, i notice there are black spots (like small cracks) that appear on the camera mode. These cracks appeared on every photo taken. I thought this must be dust, and got the glass cover for the lens cleaned using a micro-fibre cloth. This didnt solve the problem. I was told at the service centre that its most likely a damaged lens. Manufacturing defect, no surprise there!!

worst part is just before i hand over the device, i noticed a bright spot on the lowermost corner of the screen, near the search icon on the display. I'm expecting a call tomorrow, asking me to wait another 15 days for a replacement to come in.

Rest assured i will never buy Blackberrys again. I sincerely loved the phone, but its highly annoying that my phone stays with the service centre more than with me. I have never once had an issue of quality with other phones.

My worst fear now is that, given the replacement after another 15days, i will surely have to examine it under microscopic conditions, because there will most certainly be defect. Although its a small spot, i refuse to have to put up with it, because i paid for it. Pardon my OCD, but once you see such spots, you just cant unsee it!

Blackberry, I understand youre not currently in your best position, but please, PLEASE have mercy on me, i have spent enough time trying to fix my phone, let me use it this once ?? Please ??
    I have the camera spot issue. Its in every picture. My speaker isn't working like it used to. Speaker is my fault. Camera issue just appeared one day . Can't take the phone in for warranty for the camera issue because I pried off the lens cover as it was royally damaged at work. It was the only way to avoid losing the phone for too long, and having to pay a couple hundred dollars more to replace the camera module. Can't remember how many times I have dropped this phone. Heck I even kicked it like a football trying to soften the landing when i dropped it one time. Doh! I can't believe I haven't broken the screen yet. No case. Naked phone.
    Overall it's been a solid phone and my first BlackBerry phone. I will buy another. I love BB10 way too much. If I hadn't damaged the lens cover, i would have taken the phone in for the camera spot.
    I am quite happy with the phone.
    I'm waiting for some lower prices as Christmas gets closer. Then I will decide weather to get another (white Z10 this time) or a black Z30. I'm in for the long haul. Too many things I like about BB10.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-13 08:40 AM
    Trust me, its not the user. A lot of the Z10s i saw around have lcd issues. Spots, Marks you name it. Just that most people aren't that bothered by it, some don't even notice it!!
    It is bad Quality Manufacturing - that's it.
    My Z10 is with them since 5 days for charging issues.
    11-08-13 11:56 AM
    Funny. I have been on my fourth or fifth Z10 now. All bought second hand for around $220.00 off Kijiji. Best money I ever spent, as far as phones are concerned. Zero issues with any of them. I gave one to my wife, one to my dad...all are great. No issues.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-13 02:37 PM
    I think in some case it is the user, and in others, a manufacturing flaw. I have had zero issues with my Z10. It has been fantastic. I love it. I just find it hard to believe the folks that have had the same or similar problems (or even not) with 2, 3, 4, 5+ different Z10's. THAT, in my opinion, needs more investigation before deeming it a manufacturing flaw. There's something in the environment with those folks that are causing those issues, but most likely NOT the manufacturing..
    11-08-13 02:48 PM
    Not knowing how BlackBerry Phones are marketed in India, but have you purchased from a BlackBerry store, or from a reseller? Can you go online to a BlackBerry store and order one? If people are going to the same seller and having the same problem, maybe the issue is with the provider selling damaged phones at full price. I don't know what the laws or policies are like, but maybe the problem is the provider, not BlackBerry. Either way, it sounds like this is not a good thing for you.
    11-08-13 02:51 PM
41 12