Dear Blackberry,

I used a Blackberry Bold 9700 for quite a few years. It was a decent phone with lots of capabilities to meet both my personal and business needs...but it fell behind the capabilities of other phones on the market. I stayed with it though because I had become accustomed to it.

Friends and colleagues migrated to the iPhone and Androids but I waited for the Z10. Considering RIM's dwindling market share, I just KNEW you had to come up with a superior product. One that would blow the competition out of the water. Your future depends on it and I thought you understood that.

I recently purchased the Z10 straight out for around $600. That's $600 of my hard earned money. That's almost half of my rent. What did I get for my money? A phone that holds, I believe, great promise... if you decide to show some dedication and quit "half-stepping".

As for now, you've let me down. My phone freezes and reboots a couple of times per day. The icons on the home screen don't rotate; the list goes on and on. I'm sure you are aware of the list. What do I get from you? Nothing! No news, no updates no dedication to your customer. Maybe I should have purchased an iPhone or a Galaxy. I'm beginning to think I've made the wrong choice with my Z10 and wasted my money.

Yours is the next move but you should know this. Brand loyalty is only as good as the brand. There are still loyal Commodore 64 users out there but I'm guessing it's not producing much revenue. Any company that doesn't stand behind their products or with their customers is dead to me. I'll move on. To simply do nothing is a choice that you make. I'm not holding out forever and your time in my pocket is getting short. From my vantage point, you're right on track to be the next Commodore 64.

Sincerely,

One Blackberry dissatisfied customer
    CMcRob, d3r3k79, aming63 and 5 others like this.
    06-07-13 07:11 AM
    That's a cool first post, what's your second gonna be?

Posted with my commodore 64

I don't drink anymore........ or any less, double scotch please
    06-07-13 07:14 AM
    You guys have to realize that this problem doesn't apply to everyone. Yes. I'm sorry you have a terrible experience so far but I love my Z10 and I'm yet to experience any of the issues you addressed.

This is $600 well spent in my case unlike yourself.

* knock on wood *

Posted via CB10 (BB Z10 : BLK : OS 10.0)
    bigbmc26 likes this.
    06-07-13 07:19 AM
    Respect your opinion but I disagree with you. I have had zero issues with mine.

Best �400 I've spent in a looong time.
    Nonocrack and bigbmc26 like this.
    06-07-13 07:27 AM
    What version of the blackberry are you using and what carrier? I'm sure you have already researched yourself, but have you done a system wipe and reloaded the OS? I know that when my Tmobile USA phone restarted three times in the second week I did a reload of the os through BlackBerry Link and it didn't restart or overheat anymore. Also have you passed your exchange period? I exchanged mine just to be on the safe side. Knock on wood. Good decision so far and I've never used the legacy blackberry phones but have always wanted one. I sincerely hope they reach out to you and future releases from them are nearly flawless. Enjoy your day!

Posted via CB10
    BBVegasGirl80 likes this.
    06-07-13 07:27 AM
    While I agree there are some niggles with BB10, you have to cut them some slack. Instead of just focusing on the negative, consider the positives. Things such as:
    - Beautiful, sturdy, functional build quality,
    - Gorgeous BB10 look and feel
    - True multitasking (for example, songs on youtube continue to play even when you're in another app, huge plus for me)
    - Peek and Flow
    - Hub (!!!)
    - Gestures to navigate the OS
    - Superior keyboard

The list goes on. This argument may be getting old, but no operating system is perfect, each has its flaws. Especially Android has a lot of issues with force closing etc.

And I'm sure BlackBerry KNOWS that this is their last chance to survive. I'm sure they are working very hard and putting in the long hours to improve BB10. But guess what, these things take time.

Ofcourse I would love to see a lot of improvements in BB10, but I understand that this is a very young OS, and fixing all of the issues won't happen overnight. I'm more than happy with my Z10 right now. I wouldn't trade it for any iOS or Android device.
    06-07-13 07:38 AM
    Right because those other phones don't have any problems. I'm not sure If you are aware but BlackBerry is steadily releases updates that increase the functionality and fix issues, so I'm not sure why you think they aren't doing anything about the known issues.

Posted via CB10
    agp101 likes this.
    06-07-13 07:41 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry! Have you tried reloading the software from BlackBerry Link? Go into settings and it is at the bottom of the page. It says to reload if the device is not working properly.

Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    djmm2 and phoenix55 like this.
    06-07-13 07:44 AM
    One of the reason is because the icon on the home screen doesn't rotate?
    Are you serious? Really?
    And you want to buy an iPhone but hey the home screen doesn't rotate either but it's ok.

Send from a z10
    06-07-13 07:52 AM
    Oh wow like we clearly don't know about the reboots that about 30% of people are affected...

Sent from my BB10 smartphone.
    06-07-13 07:53 AM
    You spent 600 of your hard earned dollars to buy it... that is your problem. if you spent 600 of your easily earned dollars you would not be in this mess.

I hate it when people say hard earned money to try and put emphasis on something.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-13 08:31 AM
    " What do I get from you? Nothing! No news, no updates no dedication to your customer. Maybe I should have purchased an iPhone or a Galaxy."

A total disregard for the end user is not a new play for BlackBerry. The fault my dear sir is with you. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on you.
    06-07-13 08:52 AM
    When I installed OS leak 1880 (AT&T) my reboots and freezes disappeared. What have you done for yours...?
    06-07-13 09:12 AM
    This thread is going to be a well thought out and rational discussion. I can already tell.

Good job OP. lol.....
    I enjoy my Z10
    h20work likes this.
    06-07-13 09:19 AM
    Dear Blackberry,

I used a Blackberry Bold 9700 for quite a few years. It was a decent phone with lots of capabilities to meet both my personal and business needs...but it fell behind the capabilities of other phones on the market. I stayed with it though because I had become accustomed to it.

Friends and colleagues migrated to the iPhone and Androids but I waited for the Z10. Considering RIM's dwindling market share, I just KNEW you had to come up with a superior product. One that would blow the competition out of the water. Your future depends on it and I thought you understood that.

I recently purchased the Z10 straight out for around $600. That's $600 of my hard earned money. That's almost half of my rent. What did I get for my money? A phone that holds, I believe, great promise... if you decide to show some dedication and quit "half-stepping".

As for now, you've let me down. My phone freezes and reboots a couple of times per day. The icons on the home screen don't rotate; the list goes on and on. I'm sure you are aware of the list. What do I get from you? Nothing! No news, no updates no dedication to your customer. Maybe I should have purchased an iPhone or a Galaxy. I'm beginning to think I've made the wrong choice with my Z10 and wasted my money.

Yours is the next move but you should know this. Brand loyalty is only as good as the brand. There are still loyal Commodore 64 users out there but I'm guessing it's not producing much revenue. Any company that doesn't stand behind their products or with their customers is dead to me. I'll move on. To simply do nothing is a choice that you make. I'm not holding out forever and your time in my pocket is getting short. From my vantage point, you're right on track to be the next Commodore 64.

Sincerely,

Grammar issue: you're not a 'BlackBerry dissatisfied customer', you're a 'DISSATISFIED BlackBerry customer'.

Posted with my new BlackBerry Z10
    CMcRob and tour_ism like this.
    06-07-13 09:20 AM
    So your phone freezes a couple times a day, and the icons don't rotate?? That's your RANT? For me, the multitasking ability, flow, hub, browser, camera, and OS far outweigh minor issues like these. Try and enjoy the Z, and find ways to improve your issues.

Also to say BlackBerry doesn't provide updates is ridiculous. For me, I have received 2 updates since March! Apple is lucky to get one a year. I understand that spending $600 on a device is expensive, but also understand that this is truly a wonderful device, and minor issues are just that...minor.

Posted via Naked BlackBerry Z10
    Miss_Hawkins likes this.
    06-07-13 09:31 AM
    I see it in many threads: people immediately get personal to someone stating something negative about BlackBerry. I can't find where the OP is offending you, so why do you take it as an offense? If you don't like his post, then just don't reply to it.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-13 09:36 AM
    Read until "icons don't rotate on the home screen" and then I lost it. LOL
    eldricho and Miss_Hawkins like this.
    06-07-13 09:42 AM
    I'm sure reset issue is going to be fixed soon. Just wait lil longer
    06-07-13 09:44 AM
    Like others have said, there are issues with the bleeding edge BB10, but for me, I prefer to be on the OS frontline.
    Where's the fun in staying safe?
    My zed gives me headaches at times, but it it the best smart phone I've had, has never restarted on me (EE UK) and I've never needed to pull the battery.
    In fact, in 100+ days use, it's only ever been off for a post upgrade restart.
    I welcome the next batch of incremental improvements in 10.2.

Posted via CB10
    Miss_Hawkins likes this.
    06-07-13 09:48 AM
    Replace your sim card for a change. You'll love the phone again.

Posted via QNX 8.0.0 MSM8960_V3.2.1_F_R070_Rev:19 armle
    Nonocrack likes this.
    06-07-13 09:50 AM
    Do not expect other phones to not have no issue. Have a look on apple and android forum too before to decide to sell.
    Then it is up to you.

Posted via CB10
    agp101 likes this.
    06-07-13 09:52 AM
    I see it in many threads: people immediately get personal to someone stating something negative about BlackBerry. I can't find where the OP is offending you, so why do you take it as an offense? If you don't like his post, then just don't reply to it.

Posted via CB10
    Only decent reply in this thread so far.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-13 09:52 AM
    Dear Blackberry,

Sincerely,

Before jumping to conclusions, may I suggest this? http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=811099

Posted via QNX 8.0.0 MSM8960_V3.2.1_F_R070_Rev:19 armle
    06-07-13 09:58 AM
    Dear Blackberry,

Sincerely,

A smart phone is only as smart as the person entering the data.....

Posted via CB10
    OneArseneWenger likes this.
    06-07-13 10:52 AM
132 123 ...