View Poll Results: Shoul I exchange my Z10 because it has a dead pixel?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yeah.

2 16.67%
  • HECK yeah!

9 75.00%
  • No.

1 8.33%
  • My opinion needs further explanation (in a post below)

0 0%
    Because I wanted to keep my 6 gigabyte data add on with my Virgin Mobile plan, and I am still on contract with Virgin Mobile 'til September, I paid full price of $734 tax inclusive for my Z10.

It has a dead pixel.

It is only visible when you boot the device and the screen is at max brightness (until it settles down to adjusting itself to ambient light).

When the time comes that I inevitably sell the device to upgrade or get the "M" series slider (please!) I don't want to have to take a hit on the resale value due to a dead pixel.

So, should I try to return it / exchange it? I'm thinking I should, but I don't want to contribute to the "BlackBerry Z10 has had a lot of returns" mythos.

p.s. has anyone else noticed a dead pixel on their device?
    02-06-13 08:23 AM
    I'd return it. No way I would want a defective phone that just came out. I'd be staring at that dead pixel all the time lol.

IMO replace it.
    02-06-13 08:24 AM
    Is it dead (black) or stuck (white)?
    I published an app on app world that can help with stuck pixels, but it likely won't help a dead pixel.

People have differing opinions about dead pixels. IMO exchange it. Now that you know it's there, you're going to notice it all the time.
    02-06-13 08:27 AM
    Not even a discussion, exchange that bad boy asap.
    02-06-13 08:27 AM
    I'd return it. No way I would want a defective phone that just came out. I'd be staring at that dead pixel all the time lol.

IMO replace it.
    Agreed!. Even tho they may not have any in stock, i would return it & keep the money & get another one in a few days or if you find one for Virgin. A dead pixel at times can cause more issues later on. also you will always see it as its on your mind & you are going to get frustrated as well lol.

Return it!
    02-06-13 08:28 AM
    For 1 dead pixel only visible at boot? I wouldn't. That seems like a non issue. Go look at the threads complaining about Samsung AMOLED displays. My Galaxy Nexus literally had random cardboard looking lines across the top half of the screen, and I kept it.
    02-06-13 08:30 AM
    For 1 dead pixel only visible at boot? I wouldn't. That seems like a non issue. Go look at the threads complaining about Samsung AMOLED displays. My Galaxy Nexus literally had random cardboard looking lines across the top half of the screen, and I kept it.
    Yes but not everyone is the same. I returned my Galaxy Nexus for that same exact issue. Not everyone wants to see that every time they turn on the phone or the screen on 100% brightness. Remember some people will have it stuck in their head & go crazy. Go read a few forums & see this as well.
    02-06-13 08:35 AM
    Unbelievable! My first z10 had a dead pixel and I returned it for another only to find this 2nd one to have one as well, you don't see it at first but since I've had it once, I know what it looks like. If you have a full black background, one pixel will lose its black, that dead pixel appears to be a bright whitish rainbow colour. Not only does this 2nd z10 have a dead pixel, it keeps rebooting on its own.
    04-15-13 01:43 AM
    I would return/exchange it.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 01:45 AM
    I guess it is a personal decision but the fact that you posted the question tells me it bothers you at least a bit. I would exchange it. It would be on my mind every time I picked up my Z10.
    04-15-13 01:49 AM
    first time i buy Z10, i'm not unconscious if my device had dead pixel smal (black coloured) in left screen, i know the dead pixel when i'm on my home.. next day, i exchanged with new Z10 one..

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 02:16 AM
    My Z10 has a blue stuck pixel, what's the policy for warranty?
    Can it be exchanged?

Posted via Z10
    04-19-13 02:31 AM
    Yes replace it. I had one dead pixel in my Nexus 7 tablet and I was also contemplating exchanging it. In the end you'll be happy you did. So yes exchange it and get it over with.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 02:52 AM
    Ok but i'll wait 8-10 months, right now i'm too addicted to be without my z10 for even one day
    04-19-13 03:39 AM