I've been on BB for almost 9 years now. I had a 7750, 8703e, 8830, 9530, and 9930. I loved them all.....well maybe not the Storm. But still, BB was solid for me. I'm also a network admin and have run BES 4.x and 5.x and looking forward to BES 10.

I have some suggestions for BB to work on and I'm sure that I'm not alone on these requests.

1. Battery life. I know that I won't get the same 2-3 charges that I had before. But still, I should be able to get at least 12 hours out of a modern smartphone. I know that most droids and iPhones won't do that either, but we're talking about BB's.

2. Notifications/profiles. I want to be able to setup different notifications for different email accounts like the legacy BB's.

3. More notifications. Please bring the old BB sounds into BB10. I don't mind the new sounds, but we need more variety. Is someone aware of how we can pull the old sounds out of legacy devices and upload them to the new?

4. Accessories. A horizontal dock would be nice for the new phone. I didn't have one before, but I would use one for the Z10. Also, I think it is foolish to not include a better charger with the phone. I wish it shipped with a 1.8A charger. I don't think it should take longer than an hour to charge it. Again - I have been spoiled by the legacy devices.

Overall I'm excited by the new devices. I hope to see an update to the PB soon too. I would love to walk around with that tag team combo.
    04-04-13 03:39 PM
    I've been on BB for almost 9 years now. I had a 7750, 8703e, 8830, 9530, and 9930. I loved them all.....well maybe not the Storm. But still, BB was solid for me. I'm also a network admin and have run BES 4.x and 5.x and looking forward to BES 10.

I have some suggestions for BB to work on and I'm sure that I'm not alone on these requests.

1. Battery life. I know that I won't get the same 2-3 charges that I had before. But still, I should be able to get at least 12 hours out of a modern smartphone. I know that most droids and iPhones won't do that either, but we're talking about BB's.

2. Notifications/profiles. I want to be able to setup different notifications for different email accounts like the legacy BB's.

3. More notifications. Please bring the old BB sounds into BB10. I don't mind the new sounds, but we need more variety. Is someone aware of how we can pull the old sounds out of legacy devices and upload them to the new?

4. Accessories. A horizontal dock would be nice for the new phone. I didn't have one before, but I would use one for the Z10. Also, I think it is foolish to not include a better charger with the phone. I wish it shipped with a 1.8A charger. I don't think it should take longer than an hour to charge it. Again - I have been spoiled by the legacy devices.

Overall I'm excited by the new devices. I hope to see an update to the PB soon too. I would love to walk around with that tag team combo.
    Most of these points have been talked about in numerous other threads, and it is rumored that many of these issues will be fixed with future OS updates.

Regarding number 3:

Missing those classic ringtones from your old BlackBerry? Here's how you can get them on BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com
    BBitus likes this.
    04-04-13 04:05 PM
    Hope you enjoy your z10. I know I sure do! The darn is going to end up becoming fused to my hand I think.

The battery will get better over just a little time, and if you have the latest updates.

The phone isn't perfect, but the issues that are there are very minor, and BlackBerry has already shown they are listening to their customers.
    04-04-13 04:15 PM

1. I get 12 hours going between lte and wifi. 9-12 hours depending on usage.

2. It will come.

3. You can download them here on crackberry. Search the forums and main page.

4. It will come. And you can buy a rapid charger. Use a PlayBook one.
    04-04-13 04:19 PM
    Battery life for the first while is never how it will actually be.

You're using it more often, its NEW.

Also, once your battery is in a good charge/discharge cycle, its fine! I can get 20 hours out of mine now, up from like 6 on day 1
    BlackberryPig likes this.
    04-04-13 04:21 PM
    3. You can download them here on crackberry. Search the forums and main page.
    Perhaps you could post a link... I did the search. I miss the meditation tone...

Thanks,
    Root
    04-05-13 08:33 AM
    Give yourself and the Z10 more time. My battery has improved significantly since the start of the month. I attribute to the OS software update + the repeated cycles of recharging of the battery. There shouldn't be anything stopping you from getting an extra battery pack or a battery case or a car charger. Many means to give your Z10 that extra juice. No reason not to. I use my Z10 extensively throughout the day, I need to recharge it at about 2 pm, to give it power to last for the rest of the evening.
    04-05-13 09:10 AM
    For those who need more power on the go > http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...oy-now-792045/
    04-05-13 09:34 AM
    Perhaps you could post a link... I did the search. I miss the meditation tone...

Thanks,
    Root
    There is a link in post #2 of this thread.

Those of you that are new to the device/BB10 should also have a look at the info found here:

BlackBerry 10 Help | CrackBerry.com
    04-05-13 11:47 AM
    http://m.crackberry.com/missing-thos...-blackberry-10

Here you go. Copied from post #2 in this thread
    04-05-13 11:54 AM