Checking Time is OK.

But why can't I use my Z10 for checking date?
    Example: Suppose I have not got any emails or text or anything in my hub for a day or two: my only option to know the date is either by opening calendar or by checking in active screensaver!

Why is it so complicated?

Posted via CB10
    01-06-14 03:44 PM
    Complicated Not.
    Calendar on HS, and time just above that.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-14 03:47 PM
    Thanks but I'm not Active Frame person!
    I think date and time are the basics in Smartphones! May be except BB10

Posted via CB10
    01-06-14 03:51 PM
    You're kidding, right?

Date and time in Z10-img_20140106_185058.jpg
    Date and time in Z10-img_20140106_185110.png
    ATMJOE likes this.
    01-06-14 03:53 PM
    Lol.. some things are just too complicated.

CDN BB
    01-06-14 03:55 PM
    While reading your reply, I wanted to check date and read your reply further with half - up-swipe , but I see only time.
    But thanks again for your nice reply :-)

Posted via CB10
    01-06-14 03:57 PM
    While reading your reply, I wanted to check date and read your reply further with half - up-swipe , but I see only time.
    But thanks again for your nice reply :-)

Posted via CB10
    Is this what you mean by "half-up-swipe"? Peak?

Date and time in Z10-img_20140106_190729.png

Yeah, that does not show date. But if you let go you can swipe from the top and see the date.
    01-06-14 04:09 PM
    I don't disagree with the OP. I'd like the ability to do the partial swipe and see the date in the same bar as the time. Wallpaper Changer HD can do it, but it doesn't run headless.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-14 10:17 PM
    You can actually check the date and day of the week (including sneak preview of messages, if you have new ones) by simply clicking the power button twice...

And if that is still "complicated", I don't know what means of "uncomplicated" then...

Posted via CB10
    01-06-14 10:37 PM
    Please read "Gebko"s comment above. You will know what uncomplicated is!

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 12:22 AM
    Exactly
    Is this what you mean by "half-up-swipe"? Peak?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140106_190729.png 
Views:	1028 
Size:	719.6 KB 
ID:	236542

Yeah, that does not show date. But if you let go you can swipe from the top and see the date.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 12:23 AM
    So op would prefer this
    Date and time in Z10-img_20132548.png

Sigh

? AT&T Z10 STL100-3/10.2.0.1791 ?
    01-07-14 12:50 AM
    I agree with the OP.

It's stupid that you have to jump through a hoop just to check the date.

You get the date on the lock screen but depending on how you have that configured you may not actually be able to see it.

For example if you swipe up to unlock the device, you will never see the lock screen.

You can also check the date by pulling down the settings menu, but it's a little tiny thing and it requires an extra step.

Personally I think the date should display all the time, right next to the time at the top, by default.
    RR10 likes this.
    01-07-14 12:58 AM
    So op would prefer this
    I think this would be his optimal situation.... Stand by...

Date and time in Z10-img_20140106_190729.png

Not a bad idea really, but may not go to the top priority list either with the dev team.
    01-07-14 05:41 PM
    I have always thought the way time and date are shown in BB10 is not ideal. These should be visible in almost every screen, basically similar to what Wallpaper HD app does. Interestingly, when inside an app (like CB, Contacts, or...), even the time is no longer shown. You always have to do somerhing to see these. I just checked my old Iphone 4. At least it shows the time even when you are inside an app (I checked a few apps, but can't say All). Anyway, regardless of how easy it might be to get to this information with one gesture or two, it would be much better if the info is visible from most screens.

Posted via Z10
    01-07-14 06:31 PM
    I have always thought the way time and date are shown in BB10 is not ideal. These should be visible in almost every screen, basically similar to what Wallpaper HD app does. Interestingly, when inside an app (like CB, Contacts, or...), even the time is no longer shown. You always have to do somerhing to see these. I just checked my old Iphone 4. At least it shows the time even when you are inside an app (I checked a few apps, but can't say All). Anyway, regardless of how easy it might be to get to this information with one gesture or two, it would be much better if the info is visible from most screens.

Posted via Z10
    Well, I don't want to see the time inside every app. I'm not saying everyone agrees with the way I like it and how it is (you being a clear example).

I guess that making both date and time show when you peak is enough, really. It's wasted space to always have the bar there just for time...
    01-07-14 07:22 PM
    You can also check the date by pulling down the settings menu, but it's a little tiny thing and it requires an extra step.
    I somewhat agree - it feel the work to release a finger and then do another swipe just to check the date is an extra step which goes against general fluidity of swiping.
    What I was using instead is to swipe to Hub (without finger release - Up + Right).
    It worked fine most of the times and the very first date separator there was the current date.
    But I've cursed a couple times for the occasions when I didn't get any emails in a day and the first date header was yesterday.

Should we run a poll?
    01-07-14 07:32 PM
    I think if people want to see the time and/or date continuously, they should be able to configure their device to do that.

There were a bunch of design elements that BlackBerry was extremely pedantic about when BB10 hit the market, this was probably one of those areas where they thought that the deities of UI design dictated "clean display with no disruptions".

Luckily after BB10 flopped in the marketplace they have started re-evaluating the wisdom of various aspects of the OS, and have back-tracked on several of those design decisions.

Hopefully this is one case where they will relent and give users who wish it the option to see that "clutter" if they so choose.

Supposedly during the cellphone/smartphone era many people stopped wearing watches because their phone provided that function. I don't know about you but having to diddle around pressing a bunch of buttons just to see the time or date certainly isn't as efficient as wearing a watch that displays that info continuously whenever I glance at it.
    01-14-14 05:30 AM
    I just got my z10 and have been fiddling around with it, trying to figure out all the details after side loading apps, ringtones. I was hoping there was some trick to get the date and time on the top bar, but that doesn't seem to be the case...

I know screen real-estate was premium, but I would love to have an option to have it display right next to the time, if not on a second line. And then the option to have it always display the top bar irrespective of which app one was in, would have been the icing on the cake.

Alas, even the first one seemed to be asking too much from BB
    02-09-14 09:07 PM