For the battery heating- mine did this once. A reboot fixed the problem
    I've rebooted plenty of times but the problem persists
    03-17-13 05:50 PM
    Data roaming charges apply to all smart phones. Turn off your data services.

Posted via CB10
    ruhban likes this.
    03-17-13 05:51 PM
    I've had my Z10 since the day it came out and haven't experienced any problems with it until now. The battery life has been exceptional and all of the apps I've downloaded have been behaving as they should with no unexpected side affects. However for the past couple of days something seems to have gone terribly wrong. I just received a text from my carrier (O2) telling me I've nearly used a full gigabyte of data in the space of 15 days - something very odd for me. I'm responsible with my data - I just about use half of my 1GB allowance in the space of a month so how this happened I have no idea! The rise in the use of data has occurred only recently which makes me think that it could be either the new 10.0.10.90 update or it could be one of the apps I've recently downloaded: Whatsapp - the most like culprit, Jetpack Joyride, FaceFlow or The Guardian (a newspaper app). Since downloading the apps I've also felt the battery remaining hot throughout the day which gets even hotter when I carry out a simple task like listening to music or connecting to wi-fi. I never leave any apps open or have a stupid refresh interval period for any of my apps so could the problems be due to Whatsapp or the new update?
    Data doesn't just disappear. It's "Usage". Do you remember if you were downloading apps over wifi only or via cellular as well? There is a setting in BlackBerry World that you can select to download apps only via wifi. Switch off data services whilst the phone detects that you have moves out of your local network. Does it matter where you are, when the phone auto selects another mobile network, I mean does that constitute as roaming if you're with Orange for example, and it's changed to another carrier?

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 05:59 PM
    I've set my emails to sync every 30 min instead of a shorter interval. Helps to make battery life last longer and also saves on data. The constant refresh sucks data.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 06:02 PM
    Data roaming charges apply to all smart phones. Turn off your data services.

Posted via CB10
    I've made sure of that since I've nearly reached my limit.
    03-17-13 06:06 PM
    Data doesn't just disappear. It's "Usage". Do you remember if you were downloading apps over wifi only or via cellular as well? There is a setting in BlackBerry World that you can select to download apps only via wifi. Switch off data services whilst the phone detects that you have moves out of your local network. Does it matter where you are, when the phone auto selects another mobile network, I mean does that constitute as roaming if you're with Orange for example, and it's changed to another carrier?

Posted via CB10
    It does here in the UK. We just get a number of mb used which is shown in a percentage as well as an mb figure. I've made sure that BlackBerry World only downloads via wi-fi and no. O2 covers the whole of the UK so there's no need to worry about it switching carriers.
    03-17-13 06:09 PM
    I've set my emails to sync every 30 min instead of a shorter interval. Helps to make battery life last longer and also saves on data. The constant refresh sucks data.

Posted via CB10
    I've had my refresh interval the same throughout the couple of months I've had it so I don't think that has anything to do with it. It was perfectly fine when I didn't have Whatsapp.
    03-17-13 06:10 PM
    Whatsapp uses up my battery fast. But it's the same whether it's on Android, BlackBerry or iPhones.

As for data, there's no difference if it's used locally.

Have you been sharing media files via whatsapp?

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 06:15 PM
    Whatsapp uses up my battery fast. But it's the same whether it's on Android, BlackBerry or iPhones.

As for data, there's no difference if it's used locally.

Have you been sharing media files via whatsapp?

Posted via CB10
    That's odd. I had Whatsapp on my 9900 and it was fine then. I just closed the app once I'd sent what I needed to. What do you mean locally? I've received a few pictures but other than that I haven't sent anything.
    03-17-13 06:24 PM
    That's odd. I had Whatsapp on my 9900 and it was fine then. I just closed the app once I'd sent what I needed to. What do you mean locally? I've received a few pictures but other than that I haven't sent anything.
    I was a heavy user of WhatsApp even when I had my Bold 9900. Could never last a morning without a recharge. Don't even talk about my Note. That was worse.

Locally, I was referring to within the UK.

The photos would use your data. But I'm not sure they would amount to a spike in data usage.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 06:52 PM
    Wow! How did you know I had problems with my push email as well? I'll have to try that sometime soon! Did you just delete the account and sign back in? A reload is also what I was thinking but I'm reluctant to do it because I don't want to mess it up.
    I don't know I found out I had problems with my push so I wrote it hear maybe several of you are having the same thing without even knowing it. What I did was I reloaded the software(i didn't really have anything I needed and then re set up the email and it hasn't heated up since BUT I also made sure not to re download any apps that I had around the same time the heating up began ie: what's app, jet pack joyride etc the only apps I re downloaded where word soup, crack Berry10 and battery guru. The only app I side loaded was instagram as well.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 06:58 PM
    It's funny you should mention your data usage.

I had my first bill from 3 for my z10 recently. It only covers about 7 days, but the first 3-4 days the phone used between 200-300MB a day, which is absolutely fine and what I expected.

Somehow though on the 4th and 5th days my bill shows I used 3-4GB on both says. I know for sure I haven't used that much as I use my Note 2 for all my streaming and in a month use about 35GB or so on 3G, so there's no way my BlackBerry is without any real streaming or high bandwidth content.

As far as I can see it hasn't done this again for a few days since. I'm inclined to believe my 3 bill is correct for various reasons, sadly because my phone happened to spend pretty much all day with me in the car plugged in I can't be sure in terms of battery drain which would obviously prove it, but I am pretty sure my BlackBerry had/has some sort of bug causing it to eat data.

Fortunately I don't have much to worry about on usage as I'm not capped but for others that could be very very costly.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 07:06 PM

Posted via CB10
    Does this mean that BB no longer utilizes "push" technology to get email. That is by far the most important feature of a Blackberry!
    Last edited by cvoharley; 03-17-13 at 07:17 PM. Reason: add quote
    03-17-13 07:16 PM
    I was a heavy user of WhatsApp even when I had my Bold 9900. Could never last a morning without a recharge. Don't even talk about my Note. That was worse.

Locally, I was referring to within the UK.

The photos would use your data. But I'm not sure they would amount to a spike in data usage.

Posted via CB10
    I would have thought the Note had a reasonable battery life. I'm not really what you'd call a heavy user at all. Like I said before I've only sent about 20-30 messages since downloading the app on Wednesday. Maybe it was running in the background and might have had a bug that downloads something in the background excessively?
    03-17-13 09:02 PM
    I don't know I found out I had problems with my push so I wrote it hear maybe several of you are having the same thing without even knowing it. What I did was I reloaded the software(i didn't really have anything I needed and then re set up the email and it hasn't heated up since BUT I also made sure not to re download any apps that I had around the same time the heating up began ie: what's app, jet pack joyride etc the only apps I re downloaded where word soup, crack Berry10 and battery guru. The only app I side loaded was instagram as well.

Posted via CB10
    Ooh did Instagram work properly? I heard that it's slow and laggy. That's a good idea and I think I could download them again once they've had an update to fix our problems. I've tried deleting my email account from the Hub and signed in again but it just won't work. Looks like it'll have to be a reload!
    03-17-13 09:04 PM
    It's funny you should mention your data usage.

I had my first bill from 3 for my z10 recently. It only covers about 7 days, but the first 3-4 days the phone used between 200-300MB a day, which is absolutely fine and what I expected.

Somehow though on the 4th and 5th days my bill shows I used 3-4GB on both says. I know for sure I haven't used that much as I use my Note 2 for all my streaming and in a month use about 35GB or so on 3G, so there's no way my BlackBerry is without any real streaming or high bandwidth content.

As far as I can see it hasn't done this again for a few days since. I'm inclined to believe my 3 bill is correct for various reasons, sadly because my phone happened to spend pretty much all day with me in the car plugged in I can't be sure in terms of battery drain which would obviously prove it, but I am pretty sure my BlackBerry had/has some sort of bug causing it to eat data.

Fortunately I don't have much to worry about on usage as I'm not capped but for others that could be very very costly.

Posted via CB10
    I think I made a bad decision by choosing O2. I even called them and asked if they could do anything. The answer was no... :/ I should have done the same as you and gone to 3
    03-17-13 09:07 PM
    Does this mean that BB no longer utilizes "push" technology to get email. That is by far the most important feature of a Blackberry!
    It does support the function but on some users' devices it doesn't seem to work.
    03-17-13 09:08 PM
    I would have thought the Note had a reasonable battery life. I'm not really what you'd call a heavy user at all. Like I said before I've only sent about 20-30 messages since downloading the app on Wednesday. Maybe it was running in the background and might have had a bug that downloads something in the background excessively?
    Don't know, really. If it's WhatsApp in particular that you're wondering, I can say with certainty that it doesn't zap data. I've been checking my data usage because in a few months, my BIS subscription will be cancelled and I need to assess my data usage to ascertain if I can live with 3 GB per month, once my BIS is gone. I've only used 200 MB (heavy duty stuff like downloading of apps, I wait till I am in WIFI zone).
    03-17-13 09:31 PM
    Ooh did Instagram work properly? I heard that it's slow and laggy. That's a good idea and I think I could download them again once they've had an update to fix our problems. I've tried deleting my email account from the Hub and signed in again but it just won't work. Looks like it'll have to be a reload!
    Yea a reload might be best sorry to say lol.

Instagram works pretty well. I had an I phone 5 before so I'm based because I personally don't like android at all but hey think of it this way: windows still has no instagram and android it took them over a year to get it so I'm not complaining!

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 09:34 PM
    It does support the function but on some users' devices it doesn't seem to work.
    It works for me. I have emails pushed to me (but I have set it at 30 min intervals) The only problem for me, is that I cannot reply / send emails from one particular email account. So I have to reply using my Gmail or Yahoo. The email problem using STMP is a known issue and I'm guessing it's serious enough to be fixed in the next software update. (If you search STMP on this forum, it's been discussed several times)
    03-17-13 09:34 PM
    I think I made a bad decision by choosing O2. I even called them and asked if they could do anything. The answer was no... :/ I should have done the same as you and gone to 3
    I can't say I recommend o2. I have contracts with all the networks and I2 is only any good for raw coverage on 2G. They have pathetic 3G service both in coverage and speed in my experiences.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-13 02:13 PM
    Don't know, really. If it's WhatsApp in particular that you're wondering, I can say with certainty that it doesn't zap data. I've been checking my data usage because in a few months, my BIS subscription will be cancelled and I need to assess my data usage to ascertain if I can live with 3 GB per month, once my BIS is gone. I've only used 200 MB (heavy duty stuff like downloading of apps, I wait till I am in WIFI zone).
    I don't believe it has anything to do with Whatsapp for the simple reason I didn't have it installed (because it wasn't released when I first got my z10).

There's something wrong somewhere with the stuff it ships with I think. My guess is Facebook or the email client but haven't got anything conclusive other than in my case it certainly isn't Whatsapp.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-13 02:15 PM
47 12