Hey guys I'm looking for a data monitor app. I have 3 gigs of data and want a app to tell me how much data I'm using up I can't seem to find one for the z10.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-13 11:10 PM
    NEED THIS URGENTLY.
    With the end of bis this should have been baked into the OS Wtf.

Posted via CB10
    ryanza likes this.
    02-18-13 12:02 AM
    Take away the BIS and add in some LTE and BOOM data explosion. I guess you get with an unlimited data carrier or bust your pockets monthly ooooooorrrr..... utilize wifi more often.

3 Cheers for a Bis BlackBerry10 device sometime in the future

Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    02-18-13 12:36 AM
    I use the Rogers My Account app, though unless Rogers is your carrier.. that won't work. Most carriers offer similar solutions though through an app, text or online.
    ezapper2 likes this.
    02-18-13 01:09 AM
    Doesn't your carrier offer an account app?
    Rogers has a 'My Account' app that tracks data usage OTA so I know how close I am to my cap.

I can't imagine caring about the wifi as most of my usage is from hotspots around the city.

I do agree a baked OS data meter might be useful and really should be part of the next update.

Posted from the CB App on my White Zed 10
    kolok likes this.
    02-18-13 01:11 AM
    Data counter is a must

For roaming purposes, for instance, as there is no BIS on bb10

Posted via CB10
    ryanza likes this.
    02-18-13 01:15 AM
    I have a true unlimited internet on my phone, I can even use it as a modem, so I m not worried about usage. But I was just curious how much data uses my Z10 compared to my old devices.
    So, app like this does not exist in the BlackBerry World, and decided to sideload from Android. Right now I have Onavo Count and Network Monitor, none of them seems to see my usage. Will keep looking for alternative.
    02-18-13 02:14 AM
    Well I have 15 gb traffic included, so kind don't care for home network.
    But I travel a lot and roaming data control is a must for me. Before I had unlimited BIS roaming. No more with Z10.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-13 02:52 AM
    I'm with Fido in Canada and the build in app "My account " shows all the details of my current and unbilled usage and call roaming, data roaming are also available...try to see if your carrier have such app

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-18-13 06:50 AM
    Well it is not available for Z10 and further more it is not a total solution if you at times swap the cards, when travel.

Another point is that data counter in android shows you usage pattern and so is useful.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-13 09:43 AM
    And I would add that killing off BIS would only add up to the necessity to swap cards, at times

Posted via CB10
    02-18-13 09:44 AM
    I'm with Fido in Canada and the build in app "My account " shows all the details of my current and unbilled usage and call roaming, data roaming are also available...try to see if your carrier have such app

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    Exactly. Fido MyAccount tells me how close I am to Fido gouging me for the month.
    02-18-13 09:45 AM
    Take away the BIS and add in some LTE and BOOM data explosion. I guess you get with an unlimited data carrier or bust your pockets monthly ooooooorrrr..... utilize wifi more often.

3 Cheers for a Bis BlackBerry10 device sometime in the future

Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    Rogers tried switching my plan from 6 gig to 3 gig as I have never gone past 1.5 gig. I said I'll keep my plan the way it is.

From February 5th to today i used 5.2 gigs

Posted via CB10
    02-18-13 10:13 AM
    On this point I admit I'm jealous of my boyfriend's SIII because it has a built in app to show you up to the minute data usage, in graph form to boot. I find the Rogers app lacking as I cannot set alerts, and it doesn't work unless you have turned off wifi first. I would have loved to see how I blew through 20Mb last night, something that used to take me a couple days to do.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-13 12:04 PM
    On this point I admit I'm jealous of my boyfriend's SIII because it has a built in app to show you up to the minute data usage, in graph form to boot. I find the Rogers app lacking as I cannot set alerts, and it doesn't work unless you have turned off wifi first. I would have loved to see how I blew through 20Mb last night, something that used to take me a couple days to do.

Posted via CB10
    What is the app called?
    02-18-13 12:41 PM
    What is the app called?
    It is the standard data usage monitor built into any android handset running anything above 4.0 ice cream sandwich.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-13 02:29 AM
    I have a true unlimited internet on my phone, I can even use it as a modem, so I m not worried about usage. But I was just curious how much data uses my Z10 compared to my old devices.
    So, app like this does not exist in the BlackBerry World, and decided to sideload from Android. Right now I have Onavo Count and Network Monitor, none of them seems to see my usage. Will keep looking for alternative.
    Yes none of the android ones appear to work. Personally I am using the Rogers MyAccount app that other people have mentioned. Not surprisingly my data is Way higher than my old Blackberry's, but it is also significantly higher than when I use my android devices.
    Last edited by D Mac; 02-19-13 at 04:09 PM.
    shivaji likes this.
    02-19-13 02:36 AM
    Yes none of the android ones appear to work. Personally I am using the Rogers MyAccount app that other people have mentioned. Not surprisingly my data is Way higher than my old Blackberry's, but it is also significantly higher than when I use my android devices.

Yeah, good for you that you can use the Rogers MyAccount app. Rogers is not my carrier and the app is useless for me.
    Where are the third party apps???
    02-19-13 03:34 AM
    Yeah, good for you that you can use the Rogers MyAccount app. Rogers is not my carrier and the app is useless for me.
    LOL, as I said I agreed with you that there wasn't any apps that worked. I was only telling you what I use so you would know where the info I listed was coming from.
    Last edited by D Mac; 02-19-13 at 04:08 PM.
    02-19-13 03:51 AM
    Most carriers have an app and all carriers have a way of checking your usage, I call 44555 on my Vodafone UK contract and they send me an SMS with my usage.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-13 04:50 AM
    Well it is not available for Z10 and further more it is not a total solution if you at times swap the cards, when travel.

Another point is that data counter in android shows you usage pattern and so is useful.

Posted via CB10
    It's also inaccurate a lot of the times as well, it gives a general idea of data used but I've always found carrier information differs from that of the device tracking.
    Also curious, if you travel so much.. Why even bother paying roaming? Local SIM's are typically ALWAYS cheaper than paying for roaming charges even when bought in excess.
    machoman1337 likes this.
    02-19-13 05:28 AM
    Forget apps. It should be a part of the os. Come on data is as important as calls.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-13 03:47 PM
    Telus' "My Account" app works... kinda. it's easier to use their mobile.telus.com site, it looks identical minus the size of the buttons, and it loads faster. rather than building a native app they just ported the android app which disappoints me.
    02-19-13 03:59 PM
    It's also inaccurate a lot of the times as well, it gives a general idea of data used but I've always found carrier information differs from that of the device tracking.
    Also curious, if you travel so much.. Why even bother paying roaming? Local SIM's are typically ALWAYS cheaper than paying for roaming charges even when bought in excess.
    This. I'm a frequent traveler too. Just get an unlock code and buy a local prepaid SIM - in Europe and Asia it's extremely cheap compared to North America. For example in Singapore I can pay ~ $30 USD for a prepaid SIM that has 1 GB of data and more minutes/texts than I use in a month back home. If it's a short trip, maybe a one-day shopping trip to the US, I might just roam but I'd make use of public wifi and ignore all calls and texts.

Building a data monitor into the OS is useful, but it's not foolproof. It can get reset prematurely by glitches/reboots. Still better than an official carrier app though.
    02-19-13 04:09 PM
    Most carriers have an app and all carriers have a way of checking your usage, I call 44555 on my Vodafone UK contract and they send me an SMS with my usage.

Posted via CB10

Yep, Three UK (my carrier) has an app, but is available for iOS and Android only. Actually I can log into my account using the browser and then I can check the usage.
    The point is that there should be an app for this.
    02-19-13 04:25 PM
181 123 ...