I must be going daft.

1at day back at work since the OS update. Had a meeting so as previous I changed the profile to Vibrate. Embarrassingly it seems that now any custom contact notification changes overrides any profile. So my phone went off - twice.

In the end I had to turn my Z10 off. How can I keep the custom notifications but still be able to drop the phone into Silent or Vibrate?
    02-23-15 01:06 PM
    I would go here and see if there is a workaround. many people have reported notification issues.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...update-998926/
    deskm0nkey likes this.
    02-23-15 01:17 PM
    Except it went off in church...yeah, that was embarrassing. It appears that if you set it to vibrate or even silent, my custom rings (texts mostly) override the silent or vibrate setting. At one point after the update I received a vibration, my default text message tone, and my custom text message tone, all from one text!

Is this a known bug? I need to keep everyone silent on vibrate, but have their custom tones reappear once I go back to 'normal' mode. Not sure how something this straightforward could get screwed up, but it did.

Thanks!
    02-23-15 03:49 PM
    Did you check the custom contact settings? Sound should be set to "follow profile", not "On". It could be a bug of course, but it isn't supposed to ignore the overall settings and so far it hasn't happened to me. And I hope it never does, that would be terribly annoying.

Good luck!

BlackBerry Passport signed @ Nintendo Social BBM Channel @ C001221B2
    cordy1971 likes this.
    02-23-15 03:55 PM
    Yep, they were all set to follow profile. I've had to cancel and revert my contacts back to default for now. Can't afford the phone to blurt out ring tones during meetings.
    02-23-15 04:05 PM
    Did you recreate them after 10.3.1? Or where they still from older OS versions? Because it could just be they don't automatically update to incorporate the new Profile settings.
    So while they may appear in the settings, they may not actually be saved that way.

Try creating them freshly to ensure the new options are saved.

BlackBerry Passport signed @ Nintendo Social BBM Channel @ C001221B2
    02-24-15 07:28 AM