I bet at&t will block bbm or charge a hefty fee for its usage on their network.
    I bet version will do the same.
    Posted via CB10
    Not likely. Communication between devices and the NOC are encrypted on the old BB OSes. I'm betting (and hoping) that the encryption will be built into the cross-platform apps and that AT&T will not be able to distinguish BBM from other Blackberry data. BBRY is big on security.
    06-04-13 03:13 PM
    Useless to me and my circles. I don't know a single person who uses whatsapp or another im client as an alternative for texting. Imessage sure, but only because it didn't even make a difference to texting rather than making the bubble blue and making receipts optional. I have no international contacts to consistently talk to either. My girlfriend might download it though so we can video chat but that's about all I'd use it for.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 04:23 PM
    I guess you've never used BBM. There are tons of people that don't use texting for various reasons.

BBM has:
    Delivery reciepts
    Read reciepts
    Voice calling
    Video chat
    Status updates
    Works over wifi
    More reliable than sms
    Send files, pictures voice notes etc.
    Encrypted communication

Posted via CB10
    This plus the most important factor. Free worldwide communication.

Posted via
    06-05-13 01:57 AM
    Facetime is a huge data hog though, and most of the time, on 3G is a poor performer. If we were still working with the same network capacity, I'd expect the video of BBM to be restricted to wifi too, but that's an adjustment you can account for now. Probably worth mentioning many people back then on Unlimited plans, vs now on Tiered. ATt is probably happy to let folks video away

Compare to Kik, FB Messenger, Yahoo, Whatsapp, Voxer, etc. None of those have had restrictions.
    I use BBM Video, and Voice on T-Mobile's cell network with no issues. Don't know if AT&T Z10 users or Verizon users have issues. I don't use it often though. BBM Voice on the BBOS device is limited to WiFi only, but I think that has more to do with BIS than the carriers.
    06-06-13 04:24 PM
    International texting rates from the US is ridiculous. My friends and family reside overseas, without BBM, I'd be talking to walls
    True, however I have the international unlimited talk and text under T-Mobile (cost $10 per month). However BBM is pretty cool and I use to use it a ton. However the past 3 years my BBM contact list went from 100+ people to only 2. I use Whats App and its OK but not nearly stable or as fast as BBM.

It would have been better had Blackberry not waited so long to push/allow cross platforming of BBM - hopefully the damage isn't done as BBM is really better.
    06-06-13 04:33 PM
    I use BBM Video, and Voice on T-Mobile's cell network with no issues. Don't know if AT&T Z10 users or Verizon users have issues. I don't use it often though. BBM Voice on the BBOS device is limited to WiFi only, but I think that has more to do with BIS than the carriers.
    Are you on HSPA+? That would explain the difference. A lot better throughput than old 3G.
    06-06-13 05:02 PM
    True, however I have the international unlimited talk and text under T-Mobile (cost $10 per month). However BBM is pretty cool and I use to use it a ton. However the past 3 years my BBM contact list went from 100+ people to only 2. I use Whats App and its OK but not nearly stable or as fast as BBM.

It would have been better had Blackberry not waited so long to push/allow cross platforming of BBM - hopefully the damage isn't done as BBM is really better.
    Thats actually a good deal, but the two biggest problems to this that IM doesnt have are it only works with landlines, and if youre texting, the other person has to have as affordable of a text option.
    06-06-13 05:08 PM
    Are you on HSPA+? That would explain the difference. A lot better throughput than old 3G.
    Yep. I keep the LTE off because it seems to drop out frequent and HSPA+ coverage in my area is really good.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-13 05:26 PM
    He's probably closer to the right answer than most Americans if you asked them how many Provinces Canada has
    3 territories and 10 provinces! Some Americans, not all....
    Last edited by pinkvikchick; 06-07-13 at 05:56 PM. Reason: I know how many but not how to spell LOL
    06-07-13 05:45 PM
59 123