I had a click sound on the bottom on my battery door when it's on the phone. I took it off and flexed a bit, a few times over a week and after about a month of using it the problem is gone

Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 09:15 AM
    I have had a creaky back since I got this one. It's on the top right groove it doesn't sit right I think. But it doesn't bother much since it's encased most of the time.

Posted via CB10
    Mine is in the same spot, but I dropped mine never noticed it before

Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 11:28 AM
    I noticed this on my bottom right side - on two different z10s.
    07-20-13 02:55 PM
    I'm on my second Z10. The first I had to return because of screen issues. Luckily, I was given a brand new device instead of a refurbished one.

I had bought the battery charger kit when I got my first Z10, so I would often find myself swapping batteries.

After removing the back cover a number of times, I found myself with MAJOR creaking.

Now, after I got my new replacement phone back, I put my old battery door back on (Rogers store person told me to keep my sim card, battery, and battery door when I gave the original to them for repairs).

When I put my old back cover on, the creaking had gone! So I surmise it is due to something getting loose in the phone body and not the plastic door itself (I hope this information saves someone some money if they think buying a new door will solve their creaking problem).

After getting my shiny new creakless Z10, I vowed never to remove the battery door again to avoid bending whatever fastener gets loose in the body.

Good news: no creaking

Bad news: I'm afraid to take advantage of the Z10's removable battery for feat of getting the creaking back :/

Posted via CB10
    07-21-13 06:10 AM
    I should add that my creaking was primarily at the bottom corners of the phone. One side was worst than the other (but I forget which side now).

Posted via CB10
    07-21-13 06:13 AM
    I had the problem near the volume rocker where it's the smallest hook hooking down the cover. It didn't look damaged but who knows. I couldn't stop thinking about it even with the Crackberry Crunk case on it. So my solution was cutting a strip of the black electrical tape since it has some thickness. I made it a little less wide than the width of the hook/slot but I made it 3/8" long so it had some surface area to stick to the back of the phone . I stuck it so that a little bit of the tape hangs over the edge above the slot. So when I was putting the cover back on, I made sure that the hook push the tape down and into the slot. So the tape forces the cover to tighter into the slot and I no longer have the creaky lid anymore

Posted via CB10
    07-21-13 06:51 AM
    I found I had creaky cover after removing my cover to install a micro SD card. I fixed it by removing the cover and putting it back on but this time insuring I pushed down on the cover snaps starting at one end and working to the other end.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-13 07:30 AM
    My wife's creaks because she has dropped it one too many times.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-13 07:31 AM
    I have creaking top right but might be because I dropped it and there is a small chip out of the corner... who's just noticed bottom left too. no chip out of that corner... I have a chip on my shoulders now... lol

Posted via CB10
    07-21-13 11:35 AM
    This is quite a common problem and is due to thin plastic at the back. There is a very simple solution. Turn your phone over and place face down on a firm surface ( remember to place a thin cloth on the surface to make sure you don't scratch the screen.
    Press on the back cover to locate the site of the creak.
    Now remove the back cover.
    Use some 15 mm black electrical tape and cut to the same size as the creaky spot.
    Apply one to two strips of tape o the affected area.
    Re-attach the cover and check that the creak has been fixed.
    Hope this works!
    09-07-13 01:06 AM
    My bottom clips on my phone don't even click in major creeky

Posted via CB10
    09-07-13 05:15 AM
    I like my creaky battery door. Constantly fiddling with it helps calm my jittery nerves.

Posted via CB10 on my Black Z10.
    09-07-13 07:31 AM
37 12