Long time Crackberry, first time post. I got my Z10 a few weeks after launch and some important things were missing to me, but it was alright because 10.1 was right around the corner. Well now I'm very frustrated. 10.1 is here and all my issues remain. So this post is half somewhere for me to complain and half, maybe my phone is broken, maybe I'm doing something wrong, maybe you've had the same issues or knew someone who has and maybe you know how to fix it.

First and foremost for me is custom notifications. I used to use, and was expecting to use, custom tones for the people I talk to the most. I dealt with using the same tone for absolutely everyone since may and it's finally here 10.1 is finally going to fix that. First trying to find the ring tone, it lists every single audio file on my phone every song, every app sound, and every ring tone - it's all scattered throughout that list. I finally track down the ones I want, wait for my friends to text me and... it's still the generic everyone tone. I guess when they mean "messages" they mean email only.
    Issue 1 TL;DR custom tones do not apply to text messages

Another really big issue for me is GIFS. Some of them work and some of them don't. They all work on the webrowser but once you save them some still animate and some don't. I don't know why and it almost seems to be random. But it's not the way it saves them. Move Em to a computer and they animate just fine. It's the pictures app and file explorer that some work and some don't and I don't know why and it's very frustrating.
    Issue #2 TL ;DR some GIFs animate and some do not

Another gripe I have is with universal search. I'm always using YouTube and on my previous BlackBerry search had YouTube in the search options amongst Bing, Google, Yahoo, etc. This is missing on BlackBerry 10 even tho there's a built in YouTube app. Often times I want to find a video I'd just search and it'd be right there. Now I have to open the browser, navigate to YouTube and then search for the video. Taking many more steps instead of just searching YouTube right off the bat. No this wasn't something I ever read about in 10.1 but I sure was hoping it would find its way in.
    Issue #3 TL;DR universal search does not include YouTube search

Another issue I have is with the hub and prior messages. It's kept absolutely everything since day one. I like to clear out my inbox now and then and I don't see any kind of "delete prior" option to clear out old messages and deleting them one by one is way too unwieldy.
    Issue #4 TL;DR Hub doesn't have a delete prior messages button

This last one I can think of at the moment is more of an annoyance than a serious issue, however holding a letter to capitalize it feels way too long. Like a full second before it's caps and the special characters pops up instead of a moment or two to capitalize a letter. It's faster to hit the cap key first instead of taking a full second pause to press and then it's capitalized.
    Issue #5 TL;DR takes too long to long press character for capital character

Posted via CB10
    07-09-13 04:22 PM
    I don't get issue 5? why would you want to long hold a character to cap when there is a shift key?

as for issue 4, in hub, hold down a date, select delete prior

issue 3 not even going to touch, its youtube

issue 2 - as long as the gifs were built properly they'll work, not much you can do about that (saving a gif from internet on iphone or android is also a static image)

issue 1 - nobody expected it in 10.1, it's been noted since the leaks, even in 10.2.0.483 thats not there yet. it'll take time to get all the legacy features back.
    07-09-13 04:43 PM
    For issue one, not sure, I tested it after I read your post, and it doesnt seem to work with sms.

Issue #2, the size seems to be at around 1meg. There is nothing wrong with the gif, it's just the viewer has a cutoff.

Issue #3, I'm not sure if that is carrier driven or bb driven. It would be nice if you could add them.

Issue #4, hold on the date, the menu will slide out from the right and you can delete all prior messages.

Issue #5, I agree with you, but I hardly use it. BB auto caps sentences anyway, but it would be nice to have it pop up faster.
    07-09-13 04:54 PM
    Issue 5 is that you continue tapping the character for just a moment to capitalize it to save time from needing to press caps. Now it takes what feels to me ages by holding on to the character.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-13 04:56 PM
    Ah there it is, that deleted all prior. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    07-09-13 04:58 PM
    (double post)
    07-09-13 05:00 PM
    You can also hold down on an email and select the 'select more' option to highlight multiple emails and delete that way. It doesn't need to be one by one.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-13 05:01 PM
    Ha indeed, but when there's hundreds of entries that gets a bit tedious

Posted via CB10
    07-09-13 05:03 PM
    The YouTube thing does not make many more steps. If your process is Universal Search > type, you can just YouTube > type.

Posted via CB10
    Rowan M likes this.
    07-09-13 05:08 PM
    Yeah that sort of works. Putting YouTube before the name and search with Google, Bing, Yahoo. Usually it works, but those can have varied results and then you're not on YouTube to refine the search.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-13 05:13 PM