What are you doing or where are you going on the browser to make it the most draining app?

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    My battery drained the other day and I suspect it was an auto-refresh JavaScript on the page I left open.
    07-12-14 09:58 AM
    Seriously? Looks like u don't turn on your phone ,lol

Posted via CB10
    Seriously... I'm well known here at Crackberry, so be nice and keep your negative innuendos out of this.
    It's a common trait here that those that have negative replies usually have nothing positive to offer in return.

I was an Administrator on BB Tweaks and build Hybrids and have helped countless people with issues successfully here for years.

I use my "device" as someone with business sense would use a Blackberry.
    I don't clutter my Device with Kiddy-Litter. Games or waste time watching videos on a small screen.

The difference between us... I suspect.... is that I tweak my device to the max to get the most out of everything. I would guess you use your more like a toy.
    And when someone says they get 2 days out of their battery I don't make ignorant comments.
    I would ask them how they do it and maybe pick up a few pointers.
    (If you do... ask someone else
    Remember, I don't turn my device on.).

My advice to you (a suggestion) If you're not happy with your device get one that will make you happy.

Just for the record.. Mobile Phones left the airwaves long ago. That Device you hold in your hand is a sophisticated computer. The "Phone" is just one of countless Apps on your Mobile Device.

And, I'm only one of thousands that get excellent battery specs from my Z10

SERIOUSLY
    sk8er_tor, PHughes, FF22 and 6 others like this.
    07-12-14 10:35 AM
    With my Z10 on some day's I'd only get 2-3 hours of use, too. So I bought an extended battery from Mugen Power. The LS1 is slim and all but I went for all-day power. Now on major work days my Z10 has a double chin.
    07-12-14 11:15 AM
    The OP is asking, So are we Z10 users fools to buy a device with an inferior battery or a design which was sold at a premium price? Why BlackBerry is not considering anything on Z10's battery issue? Z10 was an expensive phone to start with. Are they going to make another PlayBook story here? I am not pissed with my Z10's performance but a lot of Z10 users are. I know Z30 is monster, heavenly phone, etc, etc. But why on the first place BlackBerry created an inferior battery for the Z10? Loyal users are being screwed again? I wouldn't be surprised if Z10 is excluded in the future s/w updates, and if that happens then GOOD BYE Blackberry. I am planning to buy the Passport on the very first day. But if BlackBerry is responsible they MUST address Z10's battery issue! ~ rant over.

2-3 hours per battery for a Z10 is about all that can be expected if you actually use your phone. So no investigation is needed, but not because there is something wrong with your Z10. Something was wrong with whoever designed the Z10 to use such a POS battery.

I'm a heavy user and get 2 hours it if every Z10 I've used. I get 10 hours out of the Z30.

I know there are people here who say they get 24 hours out of a Z10 and 4 days out of a Z30 which is fine if you use your phone as a paperweight. I'm talking about actually using your phone with no holds barred.

Z30 / STA100-5 / 10.2.1.3247 / T-Mobile USA
    Qaxl likes this.
    07-12-14 11:33 AM
    Some Fun Facts,

New Airport Rules require all electronics to be charged and to be able to turn on. There will be a lot of pain for travellers with Z10s

Posted via CB10
    FYI, there are not new airport rules, just temporary requests from the US government to particular countries airport security that have US bound flights.
    07-12-14 11:39 AM
    All you people claiming there's an issue need to look out at the competition. No phone will last very long if you're using it for photo editing, gaming, videos, etc. If your phone is draining the battery while sitting idle, then you obviously need to wipe and reload the OS and stop sideloading and installing crap. It's funny that people go about and sideload countless apps, sync multiple email accounts, use the phone heavily, and then expect the battery to last all day. Not going to happen with any phone.

On top of all this, people need to practice smart charging habits. If you're letting your battery drain every single time, you're killing your battery.

And yes, I had a Z10 for almost a year and the battery certainly lasted more than three hours.
    07-12-14 12:32 PM
    I've had my Z10 long enough and used it in enough various ways to know that the battery life is highly dependent on usage. You can try to bicker about it all you want, but I know I can drain that battery in a matter of hours or I can plug it back in at night after a 16 hour day and still have it show ~40%. It makes a huge difference how much you are actually on the "sophisticated computer" (lol) through out the day. Somedays I only use it to check the email and send the odd message back and forth other days there are hour long browsing sessions and/or BBM chats. You spend an hour on the browser and you can watch the battery percentage tick off like the second hand on a clock, then put the phone down and pick it up later and see that the battery percentage has held steady at 5% for the next hour. I can get home from work (10+ hours) with more then 60% then kill it over the next few hours just sending the odd message back and forth on BBM.

In my experience there is no magic tricks, the phones are not broken or need to be reloaded (in most cases), it's just that the Z10 can last a surprisingly long time on stand by and drain surprisingly fast when say using the browser. And, I suspect most peoples usage just doesn't vary enough from day to day to fully realize this.

OP from that screen shot it looks like you spend a lot of time on the browser, 3 hours of browsing would do her in in my experience.
    07-12-14 12:41 PM
    Here is my batt stats currently using Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247

Crackberry should investigate.-img_20140712_144415.png

CB10 - Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    flyingsolid likes this.
    07-12-14 12:46 PM
    Both my daughter and I get more than five hours per battery with our Z10s. And I don't consciously try to watch my usage.
    Crackberry should investigate.-img_20140712_132132.png

My Z10 - an extension of me
    flyingsolid likes this.
    07-12-14 01:22 PM
    No problem with my Z10, lasts minimum 16 hours, moderate use. Better than my old 9900. I find it surprising to learn about problems like the one described. 49 degrees Celsius battery? It shouldn't be more than 35, that with heavy use. There something lurking in your background, eating up your battery.
    07-12-14 01:38 PM
    I have heard a lot of people with similar battery issues. I bought my STL100-3 Z10 from BlackBerry 2 months ago and it's working fine as of now. I get a full day out of my 1800 MAH battery np. I have been thinking of getting the MPJ battery that is 2800 MAH, heard it works pretty good.
    07-12-14 02:00 PM
    OP... it's you not all of us.
    Crackberry should investigate.-img_20140712_151550.png

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    sk8er_tor and flyingsolid like this.
    07-12-14 02:16 PM
    I agree with the OP... the Z10 here lasts just about 6 hrs of continuous usage. But with light to moderate usage I have been able to get about 12 hours at the most.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-14 02:23 PM
    Your phone is at 49 Celsius without gaming.... not normal at all.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    kennyiceberry, sk8er_tor and Qaxl like this.
    07-12-14 02:27 PM
    With 10.1 and earlier, I would end the day (when I go to bed) with 60-70% battery left with moderate usage. Since 10.2 I can not use my phone all day and the battery will be under 20% before the end of the day (when I go to bed). Moderate usage of the phone now will have it under 20% before I leave work.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-14 02:40 PM
    My daily experience with a STL100-2:
    Weekend - 2G, wifi always on, BT and NFC off, brightness 70%, one mail account, whatsapp, no browsing, just the hub using Internet connection, some calls - charged 100% at 8 am, 60% at 10 pm
    Weekdays - 3G/wifi internet browsing, mails, some instant messaging, many calls, SMS - from 20% at 10 pm to charge twice a day.
    Personal conclusion : great phone, frustrating battery life compared to the Iphones I owned (not the 5's). They should have put a greater battery!

Posted via CB10
    Qaxl likes this.
    07-12-14 02:44 PM
    "I don't have a problem with my Z10, you just suck!"

That's literally this thread in 1 sentence.

Ya, z10 battery does suck but 200% on a browser? Uh, you're either charging it way too much, not using the official bb charger, or you have some active tab in your browser that is constantly running a script.

You can have a 3000mAh battery and with that usage, only get 6 hours, meaning this is a user issue. I hate to suggest this but a wipe and restore might be your best option right now.

And I'm not a fan of the gameboy complex of a z10 battery myself.
    07-12-14 02:50 PM
    Disable 4g/lte and see if it changes anything

Posted via CB10
    07-12-14 03:19 PM
    Disable 4g/lte and see if it changes anything

Posted via CB10
    Given that I don't have much coverage, I've tried it. It might help, I'm not sure.
    07-12-14 03:24 PM
    Crackberry should investigate.-img_20140702_003015.pngCrackberry should investigate.-img_20140705_135528.png

Nothing from my end. Its your device OP.
    flyingsolid likes this.
    07-12-14 04:11 PM
    Some Z10 models don't come with Snapdragon microprocessors. Maybe that's an issue here.
    07-12-14 04:38 PM
    I have been using Google Z10 since May last year and I will say that it is a battery hog. However if used a bit right it can give better battery life. My Z10 is Z10STL100-1/10.3.0.700

Here's what I do ---

1. Turn off 3G if I'm not browsing stuff and when I go to sleep.
    2. Reduce the time my phone display is on the Z10 display kills the battery.
    3. When I go to sleep, I'll put it in a low power state by closing out all apps I won't use. Go to the task manager and kill these apps that run on the background such as pictures previewer, FB, WebEx (if you have it) and even whatsapp.

Now I'm a heavy user -- 1 ActiveSync account with 200 plus emails each day sent / received , 3 other email accounts, 5 bbm groups all active, close to 1000 bbm contacts all over the world so constant updates and messages from them, 10 whatsapp groups, CB, twitter and 9gag a couple t of hours everyday. I'm just on wifi for about 10 hours when I'm in office. Am I doing something wrong?

I get able 13 hours each day.

Posted via CB10
    m1kr0 likes this.
    07-12-14 04:52 PM
    Crackberry should investigate.-img_20140712_174413.png
    Light to moderate use today. Have no problem going at least 12 to 14 hours with moderately heavy use...NO wifi. WiFi is a drainer! No junk on my device either.

I have to wonder if OP has improperly replaced battery. If so, that can mess things up. Aren't we supposed to completely shut down the Z10 before replacing battery?

CB10 VZW Z10 OS.3247
    07-12-14 05:00 PM
    Howarmat, I think you would be surprised.

Posted via CB10
    No, he wouldn't.

Although I agree the Z10's battery is not the best, it's far from as bad as you're getting in every case. I sold mine to a coworker and he did complain about it: for a week. Then I asked him again and he said "Oh, I just had to fix a few settings. It's fine now."

With 10.1 and earlier, I would end the day (when I go to bed) with 60-70% battery left with moderate usage. Since 10.2 I can not use my phone all day and the battery will be under 20% before the end of the day (when I go to bed). Moderate usage of the phone now will have it under 20% before I leave work.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, this is true. For some reason, 10.2 is less efficient that 10.1. Could be all the things 10.2 can do that 10.1 couldn't, but still. Known fact: A Z10 on 10.1 lasts longer per charge than one running the latest software.
    07-12-14 05:10 PM
    OP, for the beginning - did you try to set the SYNC on all accounts to 24 hrs and turn off Locations/NFC when not used?

also, browsers should be killed if not used as some scripts will kill the battery.
    07-12-14 05:19 PM
117 1234 ...