We are few. But unfortunately BlackBerry can't make phones for the few. Profits are the main aim.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    This is one of the truest statements I've seen here on CB. Blackberry didn't always make devices for the major market/Average Smartphone user. They're jumping into that space now. They've revamped their OS. They're trying to save themselves. Honestly I think they're doing a good job. As soon as developers pick up this device which I'm sure they have already, and consumers become more educated in the smartphone space, developers will develop for the Blackberry Platform again. Many have started. Hopefully soon, someone will leave iPhone and/or Android because there's an app on Blackberry they can't live without.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-13 05:10 PM
    This is one of the truest statements I've seen here on CB. Blackberry didn't always make devices for the major market/Average Smartphone user. They're jumping into that space now. They've revamped their OS. They're trying to save themselves. Honestly I think they're doing a good job. As soon as developers pick up this device which I'm sure they have already, and consumers become more educated in the smartphone space, developers will develop for the Blackberry Platform again. Many have started. Hopefully soon, someone will leave iPhone and/or Android because there's an app on Blackberry they can't live without.

Posted via CB10
    I did. It was BBM and BlackBerry Travel. I wouldn't trade Instagram for either of them.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-13 05:18 PM
    You don't have to make a Bridge reference in every post you make you know.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, I do. I try to lure the trolls from under the BlackBerry Bridge so we can toss them into the River Styx. ;-)
    06-27-13 09:32 PM
    1. People shouldn't have to sideload one of the top social media apps. (whether you use it or not)

2. Every phone out there is an awesome communication device. I have yet to see an iPhone or Android wielding friend struggle to communicate with their device. People want more then just a phone and email checker.

3. The " we don't have it so we don't need it 'cuz it's stupid and my device isn't a toy " attitude will not help BlackBerry sell phones. If they don't sell phones, they won't get apps - it's a vicious circle.... Instagram, Pandora, Cut the Rope, Angry Birds etc. are some of the top apps across all platforms whether we like it or not. We will always be judged by what we don't have.
    1. True. Even if I find ridiculous this pressure to get unuseful stuff (Instagram never served any purpose at the beginning, people who have nothing to do but take pictures with their phones give this... "top social media app" a sense), your statement is true.

2. It seems like we don't have the same friends. Mine own Iphone 5, mostly, Galaxy S3 and Galaxy note. Except for phone calls, they struggle to send a 2 lines texts messages without wrong spelling. They have to stop what they are doing in order to respond properly a short email or ensure an understable sms. And they're not new to their devices. All phones out there are communication devices. A very few are awesome in this area.

3. I don't care to be judged (I'm 23 years-old, and in my university, I'm the single person I know with a BlackBerry - and I know a lot of people). As long as BlackBerry continue to provide "underspecs" but useful phones, even if they own just enough market share to survive, I'll be happy.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-13 11:17 PM
    1. True. Even if I find ridiculous this pressure to get unuseful stuff (Instagram never served any purpose at the beginning, people who have nothing to do but take pictures with their phones give this... "top social media app" a sense), your statement is true.

Posted via CB10

Two points

On whether it's useful.....just because you don't find it useful doesn't mean it isn't. I use Instagram to share pics with people from online forums to whim I don't want to give access to my FB or Twitter account. These are people with whom I share an interest but to whom I don't want to give access to my family photos on FB or I don't want following me on Twitter. So Instagram is useful.

On "Usedul apps".....we are now using phones in loads of ways different from their initial intent. They are now also used for entertainment and for fun. Therefore many of us use apps for fun, not just for a "useful" purpose. Example...I don't find gaming useful yet there are loads of games for phones. Should I judge their use? Not at all. Someone likes them.

So an app may not be useful to you but at 100 million users, someone has found a use for it.

I'm one.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    06-28-13 03:57 AM
105 ... 345