04-18-13 02:12 AM
31 12
tools
    I just read an article today about one of Samsung sub-units hiring students to post fake reviews about HTC; makes me wonder if Samsung is really behind all the negativity that has been surfacing about BlackBerry lately - for the last few years now?. I don't have much proof but somebody must be blogs, reviewers and analysts like those Dumbwits *blink blink you know who - hint: some firm from Boston!* I wish my grandma were still alive so she could spank them with her cane every time they open their mouths.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-22166606

Here's the article from BBC News to the link above:

Samsung probed in Taiwan over 'fake web reviews

Bad reviews of HTC products were allegedly posted by students paid by SamsungContinue reading the main story
    Related Stories

Samsung unveils biggest smartphone
    China vows to protect foreign firms
    What happened to Japan's electronic giants?
    Fair-trade officials in Taiwan are looking into reports that Samsung paid people to criticise rival HTC online.

Samsung is alleged to have hired students to post negative comments about phones made by Taiwan's HTC.

Samsung, based in South Korea, said the "unfortunate incident" had gone against the company's "fundamental principles".

If found guilty of engaging in "false advertising", Samsung and its local agent could face fines of up to of 25m Taiwanese dollars (£547,000).

Taiwan's Fair Trade Commission had begun an investigation after receiving a series of complaints, a spokesman told the AFP news agency.

A local website had published documents appearing to show Samsung had been recruiting students to criticise HTC and praise Samsung anonymously on the web, reported PC Advisor.

Samsung Taiwan said it had not been told about the investigation, however the subsidiary put a statement on its local Facebook page saying it had "ceased all marketing activities that involve the posting of anonymous comments".

It said all future marketing work would be more in line with its company philosophy of transparency and honesty.

"The recent incident was unfortunate, and occurred due to insufficient understanding of these fundamental principles," it said, adding that it was planning training for employees to ensure events were not repeated.

In early 2013, Samsung was fined by Taiwanese authorities for an advert that misled consumers about the camera on the Galaxy Y Duo.
    Attached Thumbnails Could Samsung be one of the culprits behind BlackBerry bashing?-dota_babes_xd_by_irving_zero.jpg  
    AbsoluteT23 and fbloise like this.
    04-16-13 11:07 AM
    That's kind of sad. Samsung and mist companies will do anything to beat down the competition. Anyone want to go back and look at what Internet has done to AMD over the years. Fines for these things should be crippling. It would teach them a lesson. Maybe make fines like 10% of revenue for the year. I'm sure there would be less of this ESPECIALLY from large corps.

Posted via CB10
    AbsoluteT23 and Jake2826 like this.
    04-16-13 11:13 AM
    Why not them ?? I am sure they do not want the burden of stealing Blackberry technology too!
    04-16-13 11:16 AM
    Notice the article mentioned that, "... all future marketing work would be more in line with its company philosophy of transparency and honesty. " - yeah right if they get caught eh? Oh well the CEO will just drag out someone and blame it on him/her and give them a termination package and the problem's solved!

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 11:23 AM
    It's definitely a possibility.

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    04-16-13 11:44 AM
    Samsung's support staff have been eating lead paint chips, apparently. Their competence has declined significantly over the past few years. I have no doubts about the management is similarly stupitarded now.

Anyway, yes, companies do pay groups to astroturf. Apple, on the other hand, gets people to do it for free. Stockholm syndrome, I guess.
    eninrebmun likes this.
    04-16-13 11:51 AM
    Samsung doesn't need to do the BB bashing, Blackberry have done an excellent job of shooting themselves in the foot recently.
    h20work likes this.
    04-16-13 11:59 AM
    No. But the analysts and media have made sure BlackBerry gets kicked while it's down. Heh I'm imagining analysts kicking where blackberry was lying on the ground while blackberry is standing next to them with the most confused look.

Yes I allowed blackberry to assume the form of a person.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 07:06 PM
    It's not shocking and they probably aren't alone....others to remain nameless

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 07:12 PM
    They could be, everyone pays everyone to bash the competition. This is nothing new
    RazzBerry likes this.
    04-17-13 07:16 PM
    Would not surprise me in the least bit.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    04-17-13 07:24 PM
    Come on...Blackberry is less than a spec on the windshield of Samsung. They aren't going to waste that type of time or money going after them. Their focus is Apple/HTC and to a lesser degree, the up and coming LG.
    04-17-13 07:48 PM
    I play:

Could Samsung be one of the culprits behind BlackBerry bashing?-tinfoilhat.png
    eninrebmun, meltbox360 and h20work like this.
    04-17-13 08:14 PM
    I play:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TinFoilHat.png 
Views:	334 
Size:	232.4 KB 
ID:	152228
    LoL this is hilarious

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 10:20 PM
    Samsung doesn't need to do the BB bashing, Blackberry have done an excellent job of shooting themselves in the foot recently.
    My thoughts exactly.
    04-17-13 10:26 PM
    Haha no. Blackberry doesn't need Samsung's help. BBRY is their own worst enemy...

Why would Samsung even care about BBRY!? The arrogance in this forum lol

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    04-17-13 10:42 PM
    They are in trouble for their Galaxy tabs ad, maybe they should just play fair or learn to make a good product that lasts
    04-17-13 10:46 PM
    How so?
    04-17-13 10:48 PM
    Anything is possible.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 10:49 PM
    How so?
    How many blackberry products have you owned? Legitimate question.
    04-17-13 10:52 PM
    How many blackberry products have you owned? Legitimate question.
    Too many Blackberry seems to exist solely on the goodwill of its loyal customers even as it continues shafting them. I haven't seen a more clueless corporation that somehow still manages to survive repeated disasters.
    04-17-13 10:57 PM
    It's possible. I don't know why many media seemed to love bashing blackberry too.
    04-17-13 10:57 PM
    Too many Blackberry seems to exist solely on the goodwill of its loyal customers even as it continues shafting them. I haven't seen a more clueless corporation that somehow still manages to survive repeated disasters.
    I've been exclusive with bb for almost 10 years now. Every time they screw up, it's a feature not a flaw
    04-17-13 11:01 PM
    It's possible. I don't know why many media seemed to love bashing blackberry too.
    Wonder if it has anything to do with the actual products that bb has produced the last few years.
    04-17-13 11:02 PM
    How wrong can you be. Have you even bothered reading posts on Crackberry or other websites? Read around for a bit before making claims like this. Many that had iPhone's & Androids switched to the Z10 as they wanted it. I do agree that most are loyal blackberry customers but not all of them as you claim.

Also Blackberry does not own anyone money, does not sue companies for stupidity like Apple, Samsung & others. They also are the ones that still have one of the best & amazing keyboard smartphones in the world. If Blackberry was clueless, how come they released the Z10 & Q10 which are their most amazing phone yet & have billions in cash?..

Just wondering where do you get all this info from you say?
    04-17-13 11:03 PM
31 12