Was into Costco, And they have not one single BlackBerry device on display or to sell. I asked why, and the guy smiled and said "it has nothing related to the brand "...whatever than meant.

Way to go Costco.

Posted Via Z10
    02-04-14 07:41 AM
    Ok.........
    02-04-14 07:42 AM
    If I'm honest with you, I never thought of Costco as a place to go for mobile devices anyway. I see their little kiosks in there, but I've never felt inclined to even browse.
    02-04-14 07:45 AM
    It's pretty sad when vendors in Canada start pulling BlackBerry devices from their shelves. My Friend went in to a Bell store last week to buy a Q10 and the sales person refused to sell it to her, telling her they were now only available to corporate users and could not be activated on consumer accounts. She ended up with a Galaxy S 4 instead.

But this whole shift away from consumers will not grow sales of BlackBerry phones as Enterprise made up only around 15% of their total hardware business. That's the one part of the plan I really don't get. To grow in the BYOD market, you need to attract consumers to buy the phones in order to bring them to work.
    milo53 likes this.
    02-04-14 07:48 AM
    It's pretty sad when vendors in Canada start pulling BlackBerry devices from their shelves. My Friend went in to a Bell store last week to buy a Q10 and the sales person refused to sell it to her, telling her they were now only available to corporate users and could not be activated on consumer accounts. She ended up with a Galaxy S 4 instead.

But this whole shift away from consumers will not grow sales of BlackBerry phones as Enterprise made up only around 15% of their total hardware business. That's the one part of the plan I really don't get. To grow in the BYOD market, you need to attract consumers to buy the phones in order to bring them to work.
    Stories like this really **** me off. God help any sales associate that says something like that to me.
    02-04-14 09:27 AM
    Actually, I think that is an independent vendor inside of Costco (as opposed to Costco themselves), but clearly has backing from them. In addition, I don't believe it to only be in the London store. In fact, I believe the same is true for one of the Scarborough (Toronto) stores. A friend went there yesterday and mentioned the same thing. So whoever the ultimate vendor is, is likely not stocking any Blackberrys and it likely impacts all Costco locations. Very sad.

I think Costco was one of the few places that initially had the device and where I first tested the z10.
    02-04-14 09:36 AM
    Did they ever carry BlackBerry devices?

Z10 on Telus
    02-04-14 09:38 AM
    I bought my Z10 at a Costco in San Jose CA and they were great. Hope they are still carrying it. The sales and first few day support was outstanding.

Jeff Cox
    02-04-14 09:45 AM
    Was into Costco, And they have not one single BlackBerry device on display or to sell. I asked why, and the guy smiled and said "it has nothing related to the brand "...whatever than meant.

Way to go Costco.

Posted Via Z10
    Which London location? South or North? I know all the employees at both locations and the managers and can probably get a better scoop form there. The company is owned by Glentel, which I know has trimmed its BlackBerry stock recently, despite being one of their top vendors. I used to work for the Kitchener store and we sold a ton of BlackBerries... but that was before the media started destroying BlackBerry.

Wireless Etc is a surprisingly good place to buy a phone... Accessory prices are usually significantly better, and the deals on phones, particularly on new accounts are unparalleled in Canada (again this was from when I was there last year. It may have changed since I quit).
    02-04-14 11:08 AM
    Did they ever carry BlackBerry devices?

Z10 on Telus
    Yes... tonnes. I sold close to 150 in the first month of the BB10 launch.
    02-04-14 11:09 AM