Can anyone enlighten me about the reason for the secrecy and lying that goes on about these phones. It seems that if the carriers and BlackBerry would just say publicly "Yes we have a problem and we are working on it and we'll keep you informed " it would calm the situation. The carriers are the worst when it comes to lying and almost comical when you catch them and call them out. I generally tell them "Don't lie to Me" when I first contact them. Funny thing is most are really bad liers. Just a thought.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 08:38 AM
    Can anyone enlighten me about the reason for the secrecy and lying that goes on about these phones. I generally tell them "Don't lie to Me" when I first contact them. Funny thing is most are really bad liers.
    Posted via CB10
    I could tell you, but you wouldn't believe me.
    04-19-13 08:47 AM
    Nobody wants to create a panic, Blackberry is reported to be working on a solution for the reboot issues.

Don't blame the carriers, they only provide the information that is past to them from the folks at BB.

I would imagine the engineering and software folks at BB are putting all their efforts into finding the core problem and a solution for it.
    04-19-13 09:03 AM
    There is only one reason:

The Stock Market.
    grumpyaeroguy and SDTRMG like this.
    04-19-13 09:29 AM
    You're holding it wrong!
    04-19-13 09:46 AM
    Would be helpful if the OP would be a bit more specific... if the OP is talking about the App World issue... BB pretty much handled it correctly... maybe not fast enough for some... but much better than say Apple..... Last month when there was a Malware threat on their network... BB went public about it before anyone knew there was an issue... In my experience BB tends to be more open than most companies... As for carriers...it is matter of two issue... how many incidents of an issue are they having... and the fact there are so large.... with many separate parts.... takes time to figure issues out.... not an excuse just a reality.... now if your want to apply you observation to one company... it has to be Apple.... remember this is the company that told the public that it was now the user was holding the phone as opposed to it being an antenna issue....... Apple due to the secret nature if its corporate culture..... is painfully slow to "admit" to anything... not deep dark conspiracy on anyone's part....just humans running an endeavor....happens everywhere.....
    04-19-13 09:51 AM
    I agree with the OP. Is it better to leave people guessing or mad and returning a product because it doesn't function right and there has been no official word on when or even if a fix will be available or maybe they would wait if there were something official?
    04-19-13 09:57 AM
    All carriers respond basically the same way. Both Apple and BBerry are proprietary systems: each makes both the hardware and software. Generally speaking this should allow better control of the product. We'll see.
    04-19-13 09:58 AM
    Typically manufactures and carrier don't 'admit' to anything till they are fully aware of it and have a fix on the way. I can't see that changing anytime soon...
    04-19-13 10:11 AM
    Can anyone enlighten me about the reason for the secrecy and lying that goes on about these phones. It seems that if the carriers and BlackBerry would just say publicly "Yes we have a problem and we are working on it and we'll keep you informed " it would calm the situation. The carriers are the worst when it comes to lying and almost comical when you catch them and call them out. I generally tell them "Don't lie to Me" when I first contact them. Funny thing is most are really bad liers. Just a thought.

Posted via CB10
    I think this is a very general claim that all carriers and BlackBerry are lying.
    First and foremost it should e noted that ALL new phones and OS are known to have "bugs" upon initial release. Maybe they don't state this because they feel the general public should be smart enough to know this for themselves.
    AS for te carriers lying, I don't think the lower level reps most of us deal with are lying, I think they are just uneducated on the device in many ways and there fore oblivious to all the issues.
    Remember that BlackBerry users are not the only ones calling customer service at the carriers and they deal with a multitude of phone platforms daily.
    Maybe the BlackBerry is not as important to these reps as they are to the actual users of BlackBerry.
    On a side note: You spelled "liers" wrong it is spelled LIARS
    IMHO
    04-19-13 10:22 AM
    Typically manufactures and carrier don't 'admit' to anything till they are fully aware of it and have a fix on the way. I can't see that changing anytime soon...
    Totally agree...Does anyone remember PIM apps in 2 months? Or BlackBerry leapfrogging the competition?

You keep your mouth shut until you are able to confirm a fix is on the way.
    04-19-13 10:29 AM

Posted via CB10
    Is Blackberry the only company in the world do this?
    04-19-13 10:38 AM
    Totally agree...Does anyone remember PIM apps in 2 months? Or BlackBerry leapfrogging the competition?

You keep your mouth shut until you are able to confirm a fix is on the way.
    And in the mean time people are returning the phone for something else as their 9930 was bricking and rebooting and now so is the newest bb so they say f this crap, they are still crap.
    04-19-13 10:40 AM
    But 95% of users here rate this phone at 9 or better out 10. Why should they fix anything...if you happen to be the 5%, SOL I guess...
    or the only thing to do like what everyone says..."wait for the update"....
    04-19-13 10:40 AM
    But 95% of users here rate this phone at 9 or better out 10. Why should they fix anything...if you happen to be the 5%, SOL I guess...
    or the only thing to do like what everyone says..."wait for the update"....
    That really isn't saying anything. People are going to rate the phone high here no matter what. If you look at that thread people were giving the phone 9's and 10's even with the rebooting issue, so that pole isn't representative of Joe Schmo who isn't a member of Crackberry and would give the phone a very low rating if it was rebooting on him all the time.
    04-19-13 10:50 AM