I have some music files on the Z10 that I bought on BlackBerry World. I would also like to have them to listen to on my Playbook. Is it possible to have the same music files that I bought on both devices? If so, how do I copy these files from the Z10 over to the Playbook?
    Thank you!
    01-20-14 11:43 PM
    I have some music files on the Z10 that I bought on BlackBerry World. I would also like to have them to listen to on my Playbook. Is it possible to have the same music files that I bought on both devices? If so, how do I copy these files from the Z10 over to the Playbook?
    Thank you!
    Unfortunately, I *THINK* they are not compatible - songs are sold by separate stores??? And they may be copied protected with DRM.

Others may have a more clear understanding of the issue or whether they can be shared.
    01-21-14 12:59 AM
    Thank you!
    F2 may have a point. I do know, using BB Bridge, that I can play music from my phone on my PB, using the PlayBook file manager. There've been major enhancements between the PlayBook and BB10 devices, which haven't been reported due to disgruntled owners. Make sure you have the latest PBOS and the current version Bridge.

Also, see if you can send the music file via bluetooth, from your phone to your PlayBook. It should work.
    01-21-14 01:07 AM
    I have been able to access files in my z10 with the apps "files and folders" and "ghost commander" on the PlayBook when bridged. The z10 directory is under accounts>1000>shared. You can copy files from here into your PlayBook directory. It seems that large files tend to fail, but music files work well for me. On a side note, you can even stream videos files in your z10 which isn't possible using the native file manager!

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    01-21-14 07:58 AM
    setup a box or dropbox account on both. Copy your music from your Z10 to the box/dropbox, open on your PB and copy to your music folder there.
    01-21-14 11:17 AM
    I buy music from 7digital and BBW(Z10) and copy them to the computer's windows media library. They are then copied to the playbook or Z10. There's no issues.
    This can be done through USB connections or if the PB is mapped as a network drive you can use the z10 to transfer music to/from all 3 locations.
    01-22-14 12:00 PM
    Just back-up your Z10 music to your PC, and copy it to your PlayBook. Drag and drop or sync. Works fine. I've bought a bunch of music on my Z10 and now have them both there and on my PlayBook.

BTW: BlackBerry Link now supports the PlayBook. I did my first full back-up in months because BlackBerry desktop won't let me do it anymore.
    01-22-14 04:29 PM