Got my Z10 last night and loving it...I transferred my contacts from my Curve 9220 to the Z10 via bluetooth. However, the contacts were copied on to the sim until it was full and then copied the rest on to the phone...Is there a way to copy all the contacts to the phone memory i.e. to move the contacts from the sim to the phone memory?

Secondly, when I set up my facebook account, it pulled all my facebook friends into my contacts list...Is there any way to disable this?

Any comments or suggestions will be greatly appreciated...

Thanks
    02-28-13 09:45 PM
    have you even tried going into your contacts app, pull down -> options and disable fb
    02-28-13 10:38 PM
    Thanks...got it...

Posted via CB10
    03-01-13 06:33 AM
    About sim card contacts.
    Tap the contacts button.
    Swipe down. Scroll down, there's an import contacts from sim option.
    You might have to enable sim contacts as well

After you can delete the sim card contacts to avoid duplication although if you turn them off again they shouldn't show.

Enjoy your zed.
    03-01-13 06:44 AM
    Thanks...got it done...am loving the z10

Posted via CB10
    03-01-13 07:09 AM
    Hi folks have my z10 and loving it! Just need this upgrade from Bell like the other lucky folks.

My question is about this SIM card business. All my contacts I imported seem to be have saved on my phone memory. But any new ones I put in now seem to get saved on my SIM card. Is it better to have all contacts on SIM card ?? Or phone ?

I never got the logistics on this SIM card business cause with bell from my understanding at least in the past the cells didn't have a SIM card option??

Is there a 101 on SIM cards out there. Sorry feel stupid asking but love to be more knowledgable in this matter so moving forward with the z10 I'm saving contacts in the place that makes the most sence.

Thx in advanced,
    03-01-13 08:08 AM
    I would recommend saving all contacts on the phone and turning off the SIM contacts since then you would have all your contacts in one location. You could then create a backup of your contacts using the blackberry link software. This will also prevent loss or contacts stored on the SIM in case of damage or loss or replacement.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-13 01:20 PM
    So is that what the majaority of Blackberry folks doing? Saving ALL contacts on the phone and not the SIM card? So purpose of SIM card is if only u want to be transfering contacts from one cell to another u just insert your sim and bank away u go?

Sorry like i stated earlier very much a novice to this SIM card business.

Thx in advanced!
    03-01-13 04:38 PM
    Where would I go to change my new contacts getting saved from SIM card to my device.

The settings under contacts at the very bottom doesn't give me that that option under SIM cards. It gives 3 options but don't think it's what I'm looking for.

Cheers
    03-01-13 06:41 PM
    Bump

Posted via CB10
    03-02-13 09:11 PM
    Bump bunp!!

Posted via CB10
    03-04-13 11:26 AM