Hello.

Blackberry Z10 set up on BES 10.0 with EMM - Corporate license.

It would be useful to be able to copy text from an email (i.e. in the work space) to SMS. I can't do this. Any way round it? This is a major headache.

Or is the answer "ditch BES and just use ActiveSync"?
    09-04-13 03:59 AM
    Hi there -

With Balance, SMS is classed as a personal application, and as such you cannot transfer data out of the Work side into it.

If you are using EMM, then I assume that the entire device is classed as corporate (no personal space), which means you should in theory be able to copy from a work email to a 'work' SMS.

After a quick look at the IT policies, it seems like the copy/paste restriction is 'baked' in - if you want the ability to copy and paste between mail accounts, and can live with the lack of security and compression, ActiveSync might be the way forward in your case.

Alternatively, you can email the content from your corp email, send it to yourself on another (personal) account, e.g. yahoo or Gmail, then copy and paste from there.

Cheers -

Posted via CB10
    09-04-13 04:10 AM
    Got it, thanks. I'd ditch BES for ActiveSync like a shot, but Blackberry Work Drives is very popular.

Aargh.

Forwarding to another mail account - nice workaround. I'll see if that will fly.
    09-04-13 04:14 AM
    I'm just revisiting this issue in the hope that maybe Blackberry have been told what a major PITA it is not to be able to copy text from Work to Personal apps on BES 10 (EMM Corporate licenses, BAS 10.2.0.33 in my case).

I understand why they do it, but wondered if maybe there was any way of switching it off. I get constant grief from users and in one or two cases I've had to give in and let them set up as plain old ActiveSync.. But do Blackberry really want that to happen? If it's not possible now, is there any chance it might turn up in a future release, as a policy option? By all means have it switched on by default, but let me decide.

I am writing this in the sincere hope that someone will make me look very foolish by pointing out that I can already do this.
    04-14-14 10:05 AM
    I guess it's still a 'no', then?

Posted via CB10
    10-31-14 08:37 AM
    Precisely why Blackberry isn't doing well me thinks. If mine wasn't provided to me for free at work I would have float tested this lump of junk (BB Leap) a long time ago (my office is right on ocean front). Even then, mybe I should so I can at least go back to what I had that actually worked.
    Brutal philosophy - let's make a smart phone dumb! should be their motto!
    02-15-16 04:36 PM
    We binned BB10 for iPhone. Looks a wise choice, given that even Blackberry have finally given up on it.
    02-16-16 03:00 AM