How do you copy a phone number and paste it into a message. Whenever I select a phone number it is dialed.
    03-16-13 10:48 AM
    At this moment, there is no way to do this. Hopefully BlackBerry adds it on the 10.1 update.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-13 11:00 AM
    How do you copy a phone number and paste it into a message. Whenever I select a phone number it is dialed.
    Dmitri is wrong. It is quite easy to copy a phone number.

Yesterday my nephew sent me his brother's new phone number in a text message. All I did was press and hold the number for a second, then up popped the following options:

- Copy
    - Call
    - Send text
    - Add to contacts (or open the contact if the number is already one of your contacts)

Posted via CB10
    03-16-13 11:25 AM
    Dmitri is wrong. It is quite easy to copy a phone number.

Yesterday my nephew sent me his brother's new phone number in a text message. All I did was press and hold the number for a second, then up popped the following options:

- Copy
    - Call
    - Send text
    - Add to contacts (or open the contact if the number is already one of your contacts)

Posted via CB10
    you cannot copy a number that is not detected as a phone number like above example...then paste into phone number input area.
    03-16-13 11:40 AM
    you cannot copy a number that is not detected as a phone number like above example...then paste into phone number input area.
    You're right but the OP was asking how to copy it and past it to a message, not into the dialer. He's not having that issue.....

To the OP. If you're trying to do it from the contacts, then open the contact, select "edit" at the bottom then press and hold the number. It will highlight it then tap it to show the list where you can copy then paste or simply choose the "share" icon and you're off.
    southlander likes this.
    03-16-13 11:54 AM
    I think the OP is referring to copying the contact's phone number from the hub or call history and paste it in the message. I think it is not possible yet, the moment you tap on the number it will directly call the contact.
    03-16-13 12:24 PM
    I think the OP is referring to copying the contact's phone number from the hub or call history and paste it in the message. I think it is not possible yet, the moment you tap on the number it will directly call the contact.
    No sir... I have done it. You can press and hold the number in your call history to copy the number. When you press and hold, the side menu opens with options for call details, copy, add to contacts, and add to speed dial.
    03-16-13 12:29 PM
    I can confirm that this works - copying FROM the call log.

Still can't paste into the dialer though. Come on BBRY!
    -RG

Posted via CB10
    03-18-13 07:49 PM
    Still can't paste into the dialer though.
    I wrote a little app to do this: Clipboard Dialer. It scans your clipboard for phone numbers and allows you to call or text them, add to contacts etc. Also works by selecting a paragraph or two in your browser or e-mail, tapping the text and sharing it with Clipboard Dialer.
    04-11-13 11:43 PM
    This will be fixed... if the squeaky wheel gets grease.

Until then type tel:/<paste phone number> and hit enter. It will call the number in the dialer.

Thats, tel:/888-777-1234 kind of thing.
    04-11-13 11:56 PM
    This will be fixed... if the squeaky wheel gets grease.

Until then type tel:/<paste phone number> and hit enter. It will call the number in the dialer.

Thats, tel:/888-777-1234 kind of thing.
    Where do I type this?

I see it working in your quote, but it doesn't work in text documents. Argh!
    -RG

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 01:43 PM
    Into your browser address.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 01:44 PM
    There is an app that I found yesterday called clipboard dialer that can help for situations when your phone does not recognize the number as a phone number. Costs 99 cents though. But works.

Posted via CB10
    Innovatology likes this.
    04-13-13 01:47 PM