Has anyone been able to copy and paste a wi-fi password? Is there a possible work around for this?

I have numerous sites that have wi-fi passwords that are "nearly" impossible to type, so pasting them would really be helpful. Before anyone jumps all over me for asking this, please give this a try so you can understand where I am coming from...
    Try typing in the following password:
    :e3&vV^vWkx./*['}wv&277T"vME{;UG]9`-4|K88J[sPf0`LE;'nYh&O%:q]
    04-17-13 12:00 PM
    Have you tried using Password Keeper?

It has a Copy/Paste function.
    04-17-13 12:03 PM
    Has anyone been able to copy and paste a wi-fi password? Is there a possible work around for this?
    I have numerous sites that have wi-fi passwords that are "nearly" impossible to type, so pasting them would really be helpful. Before anyone jumps all over me for asking this, please give this a try so you can understand where I am coming from...
    You can't as far as I know. I'm guessing that's deliberate, as a security feature (not to say they won't change it in the future). I think you're stuck with typing it in the first time and after it will be a saved network. And as frfghtr noted, try something like Password Keeper in future. That way if you have to restore from a backup, it will be there.
    04-17-13 12:06 PM
    Yep, once the encryption key is entered and I connect it gets saved. The problem is that it wont let you paste into the field for the key, no matter how I go at it.

It also won't let you set them up unless it sees the network. Meaning I can't spend a few hours at home adding each network. Instead I have to go to the site, enter the SSID, then spend about 15-minutes typing in each encryption key. The reason it takes 15-minutes is because I rarely get it on the first try...
    04-17-13 02:31 PM
    Yep, once the encryption key is entered and I connect it gets saved. The problem is that it wont let you paste into the field for the key, no matter how I go at it.

It also won't let you set them up unless it sees the network. Meaning I can't spend a few hours at home adding each network. Instead I have to go to the site, enter the SSID, then spend about 15-minutes typing in each encryption key. The reason it takes 15-minutes is because I rarely get it on the first try...
    I know Link backs WLAN profiles up, but it seems to do the whole ball of wax. Blackberry needs to take protect back to how it was on the older BBOSs. I already lost a bunch of WLAN profiles bridging it to my Playbook (on the Z10 and PB). Not sure how it happened, but I had to bridge the PB back to my old 9650 to get those back, and restore the Z10 from Link.

That was sort of a hassle. I think protect used to back WLAN profiles up for you.
    04-17-13 11:34 PM

Apparently this will be available in 10.1 update. If you look at that thread you will see a lot coming.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 11:42 PM
    I just copy and paste from a document file I have saved
    04-17-13 11:59 PM
    Apparently this will be available in 10.1 update. If you look at that thread you will see a lot coming.

Posted via CB10
    Let's hope.
    X-fingers crossed-X
    04-18-13 09:51 AM
    Are you able to paste into the "Password" field? Mine doesn't provide that option.

What carrier and OS version are you on?
    04-18-13 09:54 AM
    Let's hope.
    X-fingers crossed-X
    We don't have to hope...the thread regarding 10.1 that was released to developers yesterday had screen shots of some of the new features. This question was specifically asked and he tested and a screen shot.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 10:03 AM
    Oops forgot the link.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=796944

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 10:06 AM
    We don't have to hope...the thread regarding 10.1 that was released to developers yesterday had screen shots of some of the new features. This question was specifically asked and he tested and a screen shot.

Posted via CB10
    I must have missed it. I read both threads for the new 10.1 Dev. But I only saw the pasting option mentioned with phone numbers -not with Wi-Fi. Looks like I'll have to go thru it again. Thanks ray689!
    04-18-13 11:22 AM
    No problem. He shows the paste into password later on in the thread I believe.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 12:11 PM