Hey all,

Just got a new Z10. I like it, but I have to admit this Blackberry Link software is driving me absolutely crazy. I still cannot get it to grab and of my music files or pictures, and it didn't seem to pull any of those things from the old device when I did the device switch.

Do any of you know how I can access the Z10 folders in Explorer, just like we could easily do on pre BB10? I am sick of fighting with Link (it reminds me of that other POS: iTunes), I just want the BB drive mounted where I can copy and paste stuff into. Is this not possible anymore? On my old BB I just plugged it in and all the drives popped up.

Thanks!

----------

Okay I found the "usb mass storage device" option, so it seems we can access our external memory cards that are plugged into the device, but not the internal device memory. Is this correct?
    Last edited by angrybear123; 03-03-13 at 07:00 PM.
    03-03-13 06:37 PM
    I'm not sure how to paste a link but if you go to the Z10 forum, you can search for a thread called Z10 - Wifi sharing as mapped drive
    You should find some info on this great feature.
    03-03-13 07:39 PM
    Are you saying you don't see the phone as another drive on your computer? I just went through the process and under Computer I have two drives, C and Blackberry 21D8(PIN number). Under the Blackberry drive I have a bunch of folders including camera, photos and music. All the photos I took with the phone are in Camera. I was able to highlight them and drag them into Pictures on my C drive. No problems. This is Windows 7.
    03-03-13 07:57 PM
    BlackBerry Link maps the device and SD card to mapped drives in explorer. You can use this feature without using Link.

However I would recommend using mass storage mode for the SD card. File transfers are MUCH faster.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-13 09:14 PM