Hello,

I just used my Z10 for the first time on the road today and I couldn't seem to find these what I considered "convenience features". 1. when receiving a text message, if it contains an address, is it possible to bring up GPS navigation by clicking the address? 2. when the Z10 is hooked up to a bluetooth receiver, is it possible to have it read the text message to me when it receives one?

Thanks
    08-29-13 10:14 PM
    1. when receiving a text message, if it contains an address, is it possible to bring up GPS navigation by clicking the address?
    Thanks
    This is working for me in OS 10.2, can't say if it worked in previous builds.. but if not, it'll be here soon

2. when the Z10 is hooked up to a bluetooth receiver, is it possible to have it read the text message to me when it receives one?
    Not natively as of yet, but there are apps available that can do this.
    08-29-13 10:21 PM
    Hello,

I just used my Z10 for the first time on the road today and I couldn't seem to find these what I considered "convenience features". 1. when receiving a text message, if it contains an address, is it possible to bring up GPS navigation by clicking the address? 2. when the Z10 is hooked up to a bluetooth receiver, is it possible to have it read the text message to me when it receives one?

Thanks
    What version of the OS are you running. Clicking on an address in a message comes up for me running ver Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.4633

Posted via CB10
    08-29-13 10:50 PM
    Thanks for the quick replies.

But weird, I'm running 10.2.0.1371. I had my friend to send me an address via text message and no matter how I click it, it won't open BB Maps. It's recognised as text instead of a link where you could click on. I tried holding it down, it only gives me options to forward message, share, edit, copy and delete.

Can you also please direct me to one of those apps that can read text message when bluetooth is connected? I tried searching for it, but I couldn't find it. I guess I'm not using the correct terms.
    08-29-13 11:53 PM
    Well since daynebca says it's working on 10.1, I have not idea why it's not working on 1371 for you, but it certainly does work on Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1443 for me. Also the address shows up in blue as a link, not just as text.

This app should do what you need.

Check out SafeDrive in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/31252891

Posted via CB10
    Aleij Barb likes this.
    08-30-13 12:01 AM
    Thanks luc.

I've been sending myself back and forth with different variations of an address, it seems the Z10 needs a city in order to recognise an address. If there is only a house number, street name and state, Z10 will only recognise it as plain text. I just sent myself an address with a house number, street name and a city, no state, and it showed up in blue as a link like you said.

As for the app, do you personally have it? If so, could you please tell me if it gives you audible options to read the text message or ignore it upon receiving it, and does it say whom the text message is from? Also, one of the reviewers mentioned the app doesn't work when the screen is off. Albeit, that review was based on an older version, I hope that has been improved on the newer version.

Sometimes I just wish BBWorld would implement a 15 min refund like on Google Android or let you try the apps for free before you buy like on Windows phone.
    08-30-13 12:52 AM
    Thanks luc.

I've been sending myself back and forth with different variations of an address, it seems the Z10 needs a city in order to recognise an address. If there is only a house number, street name and state, Z10 will only recognise it as plain text. I just sent myself an address with a house number, street name and a city, no state, and it showed up in blue as a link like you said.

As for the app, do you personally have it? If so, could you please tell me if it gives you audible options to read the text message or ignore it upon receiving it, and does it say whom the text message is from? Also, one of the reviewers mentioned the app doesn't work when the screen is off. Albeit, that review was based on an older version, I hope that has been improved on the newer version.

Sometimes I just wish BBWorld would implement a 15 min refund like on Google Android or let you try the apps for free before you buy like on Windows phone.
    I believe there is a method for requesting a refund. http://supportforums.blackberry.com/...ns/td-p/213479

Posted via CB10
    08-30-13 09:13 AM
    I don't have it myself, but we did review it here on the site a few times.

http://m.crackberry.com/safedrive-blackberry-10

And another when it was updated earlier this month.

http://m.crackberry.com/safedrive-bl...at-new-options

Posted via CB10
    08-30-13 11:54 AM
    I believe there is a method for requesting a refund. How to get a refund on unwanted applications? - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    Posted via CB10
    Thanks daynebca. I came across the same link before. But that kind of refund is strict and only applies to special conditions. Unlike Google where they refund to everyone as long as it's within 15 min, all is done with a push of a button which is located at the same place where you install an app.

I don't have it myself, but we did review it here on the site a few times.

Have your emails and SMS read to you with SafeDrive for BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com

And another when it was updated earlier this month.

SafeDrive for BlackBerry 10 gets updated with some great new options | CrackBerry.com

Posted via CB10
    Thanks luc. I read through the comments from those two links. Looks like it isn't compatible with 10.2 yet. I will bookmark this app.
    08-30-13 05:17 PM