Been trying to work out how to sync my phone contacts via Bluetooth to my car. It pairs fine, but won't transfer the contacts. I've read you need to disable content protection somewhere in the security section, but I can't find anything.

Any advice anyone??

Thanks
    02-08-13 03:45 PM
    BlackBerry changed the name of the function from "Content Protection" to "Encryption" some time back. Use universal search to find it on your device. On my 9930, it's under Options / Security / Encryption.
    02-08-13 04:00 PM
    BlackBerry changed the name of the function from "Content Protection" to "Encryption" some time back. Use universal search to find it on your device. On my 9930, it's under Options / Security / Encryption.
    There is no option like that on the z10. That's why I'm stuck. I can't see where that option is.
    02-08-13 04:16 PM
    Using Universal Search doesn't find "encryption?" Do you have a password set on your device? I seem to recall that you have to enable a password before some of the security options become available. Obviously I don't have a Z10 to check it. My 9930 is on BES and has a password controlled by the IT policy. If you don't have a password, then content protection may already be off. In that case, something else is causing the problem.
    02-08-13 04:28 PM
    Just tried setting a password, then rebooted but still no option for encryption.
    02-08-13 04:43 PM
    If you don't have it as an option, then encryption almost certainly isn't causing the behavior you're seeing. Can you transfer one contact at a time, as opposed to all of them? I've never had much success using Bluetooth on my BlackBerry devices for anything other than connecting to earphones and keyboards, but I've always had Enterprise devices with IT policy restrictions, so my experience might not be typical of a non-BES user.
    02-08-13 05:10 PM
    I'm not sure to be honest. When I had my iphone and connected the blue tooth, the contacts automatically uploaded to the car. It's a bmw 5 series if that helps.
    02-08-13 05:21 PM
    Older model BlackBerry devices didn't support the full Bluetooth functionality. Obviously I don't know about the Z10, but I would not be surprised to learn an iPhone had more Bluetooth capability, unless BlackBerry added it as part of their new OS. Legacy OS versions didn't have it.
    02-08-13 05:38 PM