This morning my contacts are randomly linked. Not all of them, it really is random and I can't seem to see any connection in the ones that are newly linked. I'm not sure why this happened as I have not even added any new contacts the past few days or made any changes to my contacts.

Has any one had this happen or know how to fix it?
    04-25-13 08:02 AM
    What do you mean by "linked"????

Are non-related contacts linked to each other ...... contact-to-contact??
    or,
    Are existing contacts linked new accounts that they were not previously linked to??
    04-25-13 08:13 AM
    Non-related contacts that are now linked together with no common information. For example, I have one contact Will Johnson, from New York and another contact Beverly Seidner from Pennsylvania. They have no common information at all but they are now linked. This has happened with a lot of my contacts but not all of them.
    04-25-13 08:44 AM
    I have read at here where at least 1-2 others have reported something like this happening.

I have not personally seen it and have no clue how or why it can happen. I will try and locate another thread or 2 than may help and report back here.

Oh ....... while I'm working on that:

--- How did you get your contacts on you Z10?? Were they transfered by the retailer where you bought the phone?? Were they transfered by BB Link?? Are you simply sync'ing with an email account (Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo, etc.)??
    04-25-13 03:05 PM
    Non-related contacts that are now linked together with no common information. For example, I have one contact Will Johnson, from New York and another contact Beverly Seidner from Pennsylvania. They have no common information at all but they are now linked. This has happened with a lot of my contacts but not all of them.
    I did quite a bit of searching and so far no luck. Although, I don't remember anyone posting any form of solution for this situation.

I can only say ...... there is more than 1 person having this and/or other related issues with the contacts app. I know that BB is aware of some of the bugs or issues that may be present and hopefully something will resolve some or all of these issues with future OS updates. I know that doesn't help you much today.

The only thing I can suggest at this time....... is if you have a clean saved copy of your contacts..... maybe deleting all contacts from your phone and starting over the issue may resolve itself.

Sorry you are having an issue like this. Hope you can find a solution.
    Eclipse75 likes this.
    04-25-13 04:08 PM
    I imported them with Blackberry link when I got the phone a month ago, I didn't have this problem until this morning. The way I noticed was that in my text messages there was a message from someone last night that was showing up as another random person. When I looked into the actual contact that's when I found they were somehow linked, then I discovered a lot more with the same problem. I am also having the problem of my contact setting not saving every time the phone resets.

Luckily all of my contacts are saved in a back up file and in outlook on my computer. But that doesn't help me much yet until they update link to improve the syncing functions.

Thanks for all your help.
    duckduke likes this.
    04-25-13 04:32 PM
    Just to update everyone, I called verizon toinght to find out if they have heard of this issue and also to let them know it is happening. He said they have not heard of this exact issue but there is a similar issue of contacts linking randomly after using a meeting scheduling feature/app, which I have not used or heard of. He also said there are a lot of issues with the contacts app, that hopefully will be addressed in the update. He has not heard any official date for the update but said from what he has heard it should be in the next few weeks. Of course!
    duckduke likes this.
    04-25-13 09:18 PM