Why when adding a contact it say update existing and after I do that it doesn't appear in all contacts. Any ideas?

Posted via CB10
    02-20-14 06:48 AM
    Usually happens if the contact your trying to add is already in your device. Maybe the contact is already provided by your Social Media account/s... Facebook, Twitter, Skype... etc.

Why it is not appearing even if you updated it? Maybe the option in settings to show Contacts from Facebook, Twitter or Skype is disabled.
    02-20-14 06:57 AM
    Why when adding a contact it say update existing and after I do that it doesn't appear in all contacts. Any ideas?

Posted via CB10
    Create new. They have to exist in the first place to update :-)
    Swipe from top/settings and turn on the contacts you want to see.

BlackBerry Since 2006. Rogers Halifax, NS - Official 10.2.1
    02-20-14 07:07 AM
    I've done all that, turn on contacts that I want to see. The contacts still won't show unless I actually remember the number and dial it, the name would appear in the dial pad when calling. Its like it's hidden. I've checked my settings also and all is on that I need

Posted via CB10
    02-21-14 08:33 AM
    Is the contact listed in some other place? My Sister disappeared from my Contacts but "she was there" if I tried dialing, like you did. Her actual NAME entry was "hidden" since she was LINKED (automatically, I might add) to my ICE (In Case of Emergency) entry which also had her info. I was able to BREAK the Link and she now shows up separately.

I, frankly, don't understand the LINK process. I just know I did NOT link my sister and ICE. But the device did!
    02-21-14 11:26 AM