Hi,
    I'm sitting here at work and my partner comes in from his office (we both have Z10's) and shows me people from MY address book/ contact list showing up on HIS Z10- then I look on MY phone and see some of HIS contacts!?
    I'm running OS 10.1.0.1483, he hasn't changed his from the T-Mobile current OS. We do not use the same computer to backup through BB Link, so it can't be that... Of course, we are on the same Wi-Fi network at work, but I would expect BB would have better security then to allow anything like that to happen--- Is there something turned "on" that is sharing information between the two phones possibly?
    Any ideas?
    Thanks.
    -GT
    04-30-13 01:55 PM
    NFC turned on?

Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 02:00 PM
    What kind of contacts are they? If either of you has logged onto the other's phone thorugh Linked In, Facebook, or Twitter through the Hub/Accounts, it will sync those contacts. If you guys are set up through your company and using BES, perhaps some of the contacts are company wide contacts that is pushed to everyone?
    04-30-13 02:01 PM
    Hi,
    I'm sitting here at work and my partner comes in from his office (we both have Z10's) and shows me people from MY address book/ contact list showing up on HIS Z10- then I look on MY phone and see some of HIS contacts!?
    I'm running OS 10.1.0.1483, he hasn't changed his from the T-Mobile current OS. We do not use the same computer to backup through BB Link, so it can't be that... Of course, we are on the same Wi-Fi network at work, but I would expect BB would have better security then to allow anything like that to happen--- Is there something turned "on" that is sharing information between the two phones possibly?
    Any ideas?
    Thanks.
    -GT
    Can you tell us what accounts types you both have on your devices ?
    For the email ? (pop / IMAP / SMTP); work or personal ... etc
    Do you have social accounts ? (FaceBook, LinkedIn, Twitter)

There's absolutely no reason - unless you "send" the contacts - your contacts mysteriously appear on your friend device.

One last thing : you both have your OWN BlackBerry IDs set up ?
    04-30-13 02:03 PM
    What kind of contacts are they? If either of you has logged onto the other's phone thorugh Linked In, Facebook, or Twitter through the Hub/Accounts, it will sync those contacts. If you guys are set up through your company and using BES, perhaps some of the contacts are company wide contacts that is pushed to everyone?
    Definitely not BES. These are personal- friends/ family. We are in a small office. Nothing but an AT&T router for our internet. NFC is turned off. They are showing up in the "CONTACTS" list.
    Neither of us have logged into each other's phone for anything. Wow, this is baffling (and may be disturbing....)
    04-30-13 02:07 PM
    Can you tell us what accounts types you both have on your devices ?
    For the email ? (pop / IMAP / SMTP); work or personal ... etc
    Do you have social accounts ? (FaceBook, LinkedIn, Twitter)

There's absolutely no reason - unless you "send" the contacts - your contacts mysteriously appear on your friend device.

One last thing : you both have your OWN BlackBerry IDs set up ?
    Thanks for the possibilities--- The only thing we could both share AT ALL would be our work email through G-Mail. It is the same address. He also has a Yahoo email, I don't.- I have a Live.com email, he doesn't.
    We both have Facebook and Linkd-in set up, but with distinctive log ins/ identities. How could we be "sending" this info to each other?

Thanks. _gary
    04-30-13 02:16 PM
    Still trying to think this through-
    Our business (we are the co-owners) shares a common business email through G-Mail. By necessity (I guess, I don't think there is a workaround) we use the same log-on, password, etc. Would THIS be the source of the leak? And if so, why are not ALL contacts duplicated- it seems to be just the newer additions to the contacts that are being duplicated on each other's device.
    Since we HAVE to share the common email- assuming that IS the source of the "leak"- is there a workaround? I would think this is not a totally unusual situation, if people more knowledgable then myself believe this IS the problem.....
    04-30-13 03:04 PM
    When you look in your Gmail account settings I believe you will see contacts and calendar settings. Gmail will sync contacts at whatever interval you have it set for. I can see how that may share contacts between devices.

Via Z
    04-30-13 03:23 PM
    Echoing the gmail syncing...

You are sharing the same gmail account, and thus sharing the same sync'd contacts

Sounds like you need to go into your gmail settings and uncheck contacts sync
    Superfly_FR and RWB3325 like this.
    04-30-13 04:10 PM
    ^^^^^^^^ these
    04-30-13 04:23 PM

You are sharing the same gmail account, and thus sharing the same sync'd contacts

Will try that. And thanks for the fix!!
    Gary
    04-30-13 04:50 PM
    +1
    05-02-13 05:50 AM