Hello,
    Right after the last upgrade, I lost all of my contacts as well as the ability to manually enter new ones. I have tried shutting the app down and restarting, shutting the Z10 down and restarting after 30 seconds, checked each and every category (including Gmail) to see if there were any contacts in the individual sections - but no luck.

I tried the Blackberry site forum, but all I got was someone with a lot of arrogance and little knowledge to reply.

I have been loyal to BB for several years, but I fear that relationship will soon be transferred to Android if I can get no resolution. Any input will be appreciated.

Jake
    04-26-14 02:57 PM
    Do you manually input contacts or sync them somehow? It sounds like you might have a bad install and unfortunately may need to use link to reinstall the OS.
    04-26-14 03:03 PM
    Most of my contacts were entered manually...the rest were through Gmail. I did, however, try Link but even though it showed a successful sync, no contacts showed as being added.
    04-26-14 03:06 PM
    Most of my contacts were entered manually...the rest were through Gmail. I did, however, try Link but even though it showed a successful sync, no contacts showed as being added.
    If you sync with Gmail they should all sync back. I wasn't talking syncing with link, from the sounds of it you might have corrupt files. I would do a factory reset with link. But it will erase everything, that has already happened?
    04-26-14 04:29 PM
    I detest the thought, but it may be my only option. One thought before I do, though....Since this occurred by virtue of the upgrade, is it possible/would it make any sense to reinstall the upgrade?
    04-27-14 05:37 AM
    I detest the thought, but it may be my only option. One thought before I do, though....Since this occurred by virtue of the upgrade, is it possible/would it make any sense to reinstall the upgrade?
    How did you upgrade? OTA or thru link? I think if you do a factory reset with link it ill get your carriers latest OS.
    04-27-14 08:21 AM
    I upgraded OTA. That seems to be a good suggestion re Link, although I am not totally confident w/AT&T since they generally hold out 'til last before they offer OS upgrades. Still, it's not like I have a lot of choices here. I don't want to bail out on BB, but my experiences are becoming more problematic than since my "Bold" days.
    04-27-14 07:36 PM
    Strange question, do you have Skype installed? And then the option, sync contacts?
    Stopping that sync helped me a lot from disappearing and duplicating contacts. Not THE solution, but a temp one

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-28-14 12:02 AM