Hey,

First time use of BlackBerry travel, looks nice. I loaded it up and it automatically found my two upcoming flights, slick. I was able to add in the hotel quickly as well. So I just had a friend ask for my flight info and now I am trying to share my itinerary by email and when I ' do that I only have the option of a very small subset of my contacts? How do I access my Facebook contacts for example? I am only seeing maybe 15 contacts! In my contacts there are several hundred valid emails.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    03-21-13 02:30 PM
    I don't have a Z10 yet to see if I could identify your problem, but from the sound of it, perhaps it's only identifying contacts in your address books with email addresses associated with them? For example, you may have a phone number or Facebook contact in the Contacts App but they don't have an email listed in their profile. This is only a guess based on the information you've provided but regardless, there should be an option to share info via Facebook and/or text message.

EDIT: I see that you mentioned several hundred valid emails, so nevermind!
    03-21-13 02:35 PM
    I don't have a Z10 yet, but use BB Travel extensively on my Torch. I know that the list of people that first shows up when I share my trips are only the ones I've shared trips with in the past (kind of a "frequently shared" list), but there is a button below them all to select a new one which opens my contact list. Perhaps they have changed this, but maybe there is another button or spot to select new people from other sources (i.e. Facebook)? I wish I had the Z10 to help you - I have a trip coming up soon too.
    03-21-13 02:51 PM
    I know this doesn't help specifically with Z10 ..........

But ...... I just opened BB Travel on my 9900 and it appears that the only option for "Share Trip" is via email. It appeared that my entrie contact db was available to chose from. I selected a couple (where I had cell #'s, email, FB contact, etc.) and each time I selected a contact for "Sharing Trip" it only used their email address. It did not appear to allow an option for txt message, FB contact, etc.......

There is also an 'option' for setting it to share iteneraries with LinkedIn contacts (you can set to Yes or No).
    But I don't see any other social media sharing options...... just LinkedIn

Just an FYI .......... (oh ..... I downloaded this yesterday so I assume it is the latest update for BB Travel).
    03-21-13 02:54 PM
    I don't have a Z10 yet, but use BB Travel extensively on my Torch. I know that the list of people that first shows up when I share my trips are only the ones I've shared trips with in the past (kind of a "frequently shared" list), but there is a button below them all to select a new one which opens my contact list. Perhaps they have changed this, but maybe there is another button or spot to select new people from other sources (i.e. Facebook)? I wish I had the Z10 to help you - I have a trip coming up soon too.
    Just checked... no button or any context to load more contacts... it's strange because it seems like the common thread is one of my gmail accounts, BUT still with contacts missing?

Posted via CB10
    03-21-13 03:47 PM
    I know this doesn't help specifically with Z10 ..........

But ...... I just opened BB Travel on my 9900 and it appears that the only option for "Share Trip" is via email. It appeared that my entrie contact db was available to chose from. I selected a couple (where I had cell #'s, email, FB contact, etc.) and each time I selected a contact for "Sharing Trip" it only used their email address. It did not appear to allow an option for txt message, FB contact, etc.......

There is also an 'option' for setting it to share iteneraries with LinkedIn contacts (you can set to Yes or No).
    But I don't see any other social media sharing options...... just LinkedIn

Just an FYI .......... (oh ..... I downloaded this yesterday so I assume it is the latest update for BB Travel).
    Yeah I saw the linked in in the global settings, but right now it is already checked.

Long pressing on one of my trips there are three options : share trip status - which basically allows status updates for your social media, share flight status - which brings up the type of share you want, ie text Facebook email... my entire contact list is available here. but it just pre populated the message with:
    My Air Canada flight 129 will arrive in YVR Vancouver Terminal Main Terminal at 10:26 pm Thursday June 11, 2013.
    Sent from BlackBerry Travel

Not exactly what I was looking for... so what I have done is sent that to my travel companion for both flights, but it still is missing information like airports and departure time.

Other than this strange problem the few hours I've spent with this app have been worthwhile. Looks like it is going to come in very handy.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-13 03:56 PM
    Think I figured it out. Sort of. The only contacts that came up were ones with phone numbers in them. My wife's didn't come up but once I updated her cell phone number in contacts she came up in the list. This a bug of some sort that will hopefully get sorted out. Great program otherwise.
    04-24-13 10:10 AM
    I wish I could figure that out because there are still maaaaany contacts that are missing. Maybe one of my email accounts has been successfully linked for these accounts with other contacts, I don't know. Anyways I've now used it for three business trips and I have two upcoming personal trips that I look forward to using it with. It's awesome to have all your information gathered together in one place when you add out on your trip! Just fix this one contacts problem!

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 12:13 PM