Has anyone noticed that all their contacts are now duplicates. I also tried to delete them but they come back. Does anyone know how to fix this issue?.

Posted via CB10
    Novaone likes this.
    03-29-13 09:12 AM
    I had the same problem. I think the duplicates came from setting up my Gmail contacts. I just kept deleting the duplicates until they went away. Sometimes it would take multiple tries to delete the contacts because it would come back. Now there are no more duplicates in my contacts. Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 09:28 AM
    Link the duplicates together. They're being pulled in from your different accounts (facebook, linkedin, facebook, yahoo, gmail, etc) and BB10 doesn't seem to automatically link them (or does a poor job of it).
    TrueKulcha and brout like this.
    03-29-13 09:31 AM
    Having the exact same issue, I even got to the point where there was 3 similar Google contacts. This result is surprising as it just started happening recently so it makes me think that it is not os related but something back end with Google re carddav. A work around for me was to delete the carddav contacts and re import using exchange setup. When you set up the exchange Gmail account I only synced the contacts and not the email or calendar which are already set up via imap and caldav.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 09:42 AM
    Having the same issue today. Using Google. Think it only just started showing up the other day. Checked my contacts online and there were actually no duplicates, but for some reason the BB was showing all of my Google contacts as being duplicates. Not sure why that's happening, so I'm trying to delete my CardDav entry in the accounts and resetting it back up. Not exactly sure why it's showing duplicates on the phone.
    03-29-13 12:14 PM
    Just noticed the same thing with mine (Google contacts only).
    03-29-13 01:09 PM
    Link the duplicates together. They're being pulled in from your different accounts (facebook, linkedin, facebook, yahoo, gmail, etc) and BB10 doesn't seem to automatically link them (or does a poor job of it).
    worked. good looks.
    03-29-13 02:13 PM
    Damn it. Removing and adding back the Google CardDav was only a temporary fix cause the duplicate contacts have come back now. Wish this contact manager was better. Can't add new contacts without it automatically going to local contacts and SIM and now getting duplicate contacts for CardDav. Frustrating.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 06:25 PM
    Duplicate contacts her to. Pls help

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 06:53 PM
    Have the same issue with yahoo mail for sometime now.

Posted from my lovely Z10
    04-01-13 06:57 PM
    They aren't duplicates, when you add or sync numbers, they automatically save to your sim and whatever contact service you're using. You can toggle which services show up in the contacts menu. Just hide sim contacts.

Posted via my BlackBerry Z10.
    Ben1232 likes this.
    04-01-13 07:00 PM
    To all of those saying "they aren't duplicates" they sure as he'll are. This just started happening today and all of my Google contacts are now appearing twice in my phone book. If I turn off Gmail contacts integration both contact instances disappear, and if I enable it again both reappear. There is definitely some sort of problem that started showing up all of a sudden.

Posted via CB10
    Velocitymj likes this.
    04-01-13 07:04 PM
    It's happening to me too, it appears to be duplicating Google contacts. It's funny as I had my Facebook and Google contacts linked so there were no duplicates for weeks now. Now any Google contacts have been duplicated again. I tried to link the contacts again and realized the original link is still there.

This is definitely a new issue.

Maybe when syncing the phone doesn't consider the linked contact to be the same as the Google one and downloads a new copy.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 07:10 PM
    I've also just noticed that in duplicate Gmail contacts, my previous linked one does not have a photo, and the new duplicate does have the contact photo from Gmail.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 08:02 PM
    Yep having the same issue, just deleted my gmail account and re added it and the duplicate contacts disappeared.

Now I have an issue where my missus is on my BBM and I can no longer link her to her contact in the contact app. All my other BBM contacts I can link but just not my missus.

Any ideas as to how I can link her BBM contact to her contact in the contact app??

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 08:08 PM
    I have a feeling this is a issue on Googles server side cause I never had dual contacts until today so I'm wondering if the phone and Google servers aren't syncing properly I've actually had 4 copies of some people. I used to have a s2, S3, nexus, and a one X. I do notice however most of my duplicates seem to come from the htc side of things since all the notes have html code for htc sense

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 08:14 PM
    I have the same issue. Thought it was some major screw up on Google side, so I created a new account and sync to it. So far so good for the first few days, then suddenly all the duplicate comes back again.

Never have a problem with Outlook.com/Hotmail sync via ActiveSync. However there is no solution to sync Outlook 2007 contact with Outlook.com yet. Outlook connector just force you to use the online and didn't sync some of the contact fields.
    04-01-13 08:25 PM
    Everyone, they are duplicating, removing account and re adding carddav account will not work. It will do it again. For the time being the only temporary solutions is to add the contacts via exchange until Google figures this out. This is what I did a couple of days ago after getting tired of duplicates.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 08:26 PM
    Has anyone noticed that all their contacts are now duplicates. I also tried to delete them but they come back. Does anyone know how to fix this issue?.

Posted via CB10
    Had the problem on my replacement Z10. I just removed the Google account and re-added. Waited a split second and everything updated.
    04-01-13 08:28 PM
    For the Google issue, you should be able to go to the Gmail contacts section on a pc and there is an option to merge duplicates. Before doing that turn off the Gmail contacts option on your blackberry to make sure they all disappear or delete then go to the website merge the duplicates and set up the Gmail contact sync on your phone.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 08:57 PM
    I thought I was going crazy. Duplicate contacts just showed up this morning. Merging them seems to work for now, but I've also begun seeing third and fourth duplicates. Not going to sit here all night merging 1000+ contacts together. Hope google and blackberry can work together to sort this out.
    04-01-13 09:00 PM
    I just noticed the same duplicate contacts problem a few mins ago. It was fine for me earlier this morning but I had that 6mp update I installed early this afternoon. Could this problem be linked to the update that was sent out today?
    04-01-13 09:22 PM
    Duplicates only exist on the phone. They don't appear as duplicates on Google so doing a merge in Google doesn't do anything. Only thing that's worked for me is to remove the CardDav and add it back, but that only lasts a few says before the duplicates pop back up on the Z10. Definitely not on SIM or local, but twice and sometimes thrice on the Google account. Would rather not have to move contacts to a new place, but might have to go to Outlook to ease the madness.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 10:00 PM
    Yes confirm the duplicates only exist in the phone.

I have the same contacts in my MSOutlook and GMail and they are no duplicates. Delete and add back the account will not resolve the problem.
    04-01-13 10:15 PM
    I am sitting here tonight deleting the doubles and as fast as I delete them- they are doubling back. Anyone else have this happening?
    04-01-13 11:20 PM
188 123 ...