My contact list just duplicated itself overnight . I checked google and the list is ok there . i have turned off all other contacts such as sim , facebook etc .my contacts are backed up to a single google email id and still i see two of each contact on my z10 . did a wipe and the contact list was restored to single status . today morning again it showed each contact as double ....... any help .
    04-04-13 02:20 AM
    Search or scroll down the forum. BlackBerry is aware of the issue.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 02:24 AM
    Understand why Google stopped eas now? This is the sort of crap that happens with lame protocols like cardav and imap idle. Google removed eas for the sole reason of crippling their service on competing platforms. Don't expect it to get better either. This has been a caveat of this protocol for a very long time.
    04-04-13 02:24 AM
    English please

Posted via CB10
    BlackberryPig likes this.
    04-04-13 08:05 AM
    Either pay for Gmail exchange support or use Outlook email.
    04-04-13 08:19 AM
    Understand why Google stopped eas now? This is the sort of crap that happens with lame protocols like cardav and imap idle. Google removed eas for the sole reason of crippling their service on competing platforms. Don't expect it to get better either. This has been a caveat of this protocol for a very long time.
    That's why I gave Google the boot and went with outlook. They can shove their cap where the sun don't shine...

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 08:21 AM
    Add one more person to this issue - has an answer been found? I can't handle all of these contact duplications...and I see that I lost one of my top favorites. So, is it gmail? Is it facebook? Is there a simple way of deleting all the duplications?
    04-04-13 08:21 AM
    For the short-term, BlackBerry gives the following workaround:

RemoveGmailContacts

Swipe down from the top bezel
    Select Settings
    Select Accounts
    Select Gmail Contacts
    Select Delete
    Re-addGmailContacts

Select Add Account at bottom of Accounts screen
    Select Email, Calendar and Contacts
    Enter Gmail email address
    Enter password
    Set Sync Email to Off
    Set sync Calendar to off
    Ensure Sync Contacts is On
    Select Done

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    04-04-13 08:22 AM
    04-04-13 08:23 AM
    Don't be so quick to blame Google! I swapped sim card to my HTC 8X Windows phone yesterday which uses IMAP and same set-up for my GMail, Calendar and Contacts and I never had the doubling contacts and GMail sync issue as my z10 has been having lately? This is a Blackberry OS10 issue and needs to be resolved ASAP. They new all the protocol issues with the email clients when they designed OS10 so "fix it".

I have have my z10 for three weeks and I have had some strange bugs popping up here and there and would have expected some sort of OS10 update by now to at least address some of the issues users like myself have been having? I know allot of folks I had talked into coming back to this Blackberry platform who are not happy at the moment with their z10's because of this. This has affected the way they use the device for their everyday task, especially the email and contacts issues.

We are patient but, somebody up there at the corporate office should at least publish something telling us when a update might be on the way instead of all the speculation? Myself, I can tolerate the issues as long as I have an idea when the updates will be arriving in the future?
    04-04-13 08:29 AM
    The first time I saw this happening was in the BlackBerry Curve 8530 when I got the app Google Sync. So believe me, this is not from now. I've been dealing with this for at least a year and a half.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 08:38 AM
    This is crazy. My Z10 is taking long time to receive contacts from the gmail account. When they finally appear, they are duplicated. Fix this urgently. It is happening since 2 or 3 days ago.
    04-04-13 09:02 AM
    There is a bug in the Z10 Contacts app. Here is my description of it.

I don't use Google for contacts. All my contacts are fine except I don't like to see the sim card contacts. The sim card only keeps the name and phone # field and records the info by default. Don't bother linking cuz they reappear on their own.

You can go into the Contacts app settings and uncheck "Sim Contacts" so they don't appear in the Contacts app.

The bug is that once you reboot the Z10, the sim contacts reappear in the Contacts app.

This bug has been reported in other threads. I'm not sure if it has a role in the google contacts issues described above.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by PatrickMJS; 04-12-13 at 10:52 AM.
    triplem23 likes this.
    04-04-13 09:59 AM
    i recently got my google contacts on my windows live id . now , the live id asks for sync contacts on z10 but does not sync except facebook contacts . ???
    04-12-13 05:19 AM
    Please check this ................. someone with double contacts ............

Open a contact ------ click on "Links" at the bottom and check the links

Now open the 'duplicate' ----- click on "Links" at the bottom and check the links
    ************************************************** ************************************************** **
    ------Do they both have the same "Links" listed ???????????????
    ------Or does one have just list "Local" and the other/duplicate list "Gmail" ????????

NOTE: I have been poking around the 'Contacts' area checking all this out. An ATT rep transferred all of my contacts over using their in store magic contact transfer tool. All of my contact "Links" = "Local". Therefore ...... they are not sync'ing with anything.

I have not turned on my "Gmail" contacts......... but......... if I do I'm wondering if they will all duplicate because of this "Link" issue. I will have all my "Local" contacts and then all the duplicates that will be 'Linked" = "Gmail".

Just a thought.
    Anyway ........ can someone with duplicates check the "Links" on a couple of pair of contacts and see if they are the same or not ??????????
    04-12-13 12:31 PM
    Nevermind ........ did it myself........
    - Added a new contact on phone
    - Added the same contact on Outlook = live.com account

Now my Z10 has duplicate (2) contacts ..... each with different "Links".

So ........ it you are transfering contacts over using BB Link or ATT store transfer tool and all contacts go to "Link" = "Local".................. then you add a @gmail.com or @live.com account ............ you will get duplicate contacts.

I'm sure there are many complaining about duplcate contacts who did just this. They let Link or ATT store transfer contacts and the set up an email account to "sync" contacts. Then .......... they wound up with a whole pile of duplicate contacts.

This may not solve the problem for all but should for many. Hope helps someone!!
    04-12-13 12:52 PM
    On another note.......

If you want to SYNC your contacts ............. don't use BB Link software or the ATT in-store contact transfer tool to load your contacts.

Just simply add your email account(s) where your contacts are stored. They will automatically load and with the proper "Link" and they will (or should) continue sync'ing with no problem.

Again ......... hope this helps!!
    04-12-13 12:55 PM