OK I tried .. I really tried. Got my Z10 10 days ago and was really enjoying learning about my new toy .. and saying i will never go back to the BB Bold. BUT .. first the phoen got very hot when I put it in my pocket and the battery drained very quickly .. I tried a PowerSkin but it just made the phone even hotter to the point that it was uncomfortable even in a blazer pocket. THEN .. a couple of times over the past few days my contacts disappeared ... then a few hours later reappeared but now in triplicate. My wife said I sent three of the same txts when I only sent one. Then the phone just rebooted on its own.

I called Verizon tech support who told me these are all known issues BUT there is no schedule from BB with respect to when an update will come out to correct them.

Sooo .. when I lost my contacts for the second time yesterday I had it. I am sending the Z10 back and will now try the Iphone5. Too bad too since I was really cheering BB on with this phone .. but it is not ready for critical use.
    04-11-13 06:15 PM
    K.

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    04-11-13 06:17 PM
    Ok enjoy your iphone, you did give it a try and it didn't work out for you. Some devices aren't for everyone.

Hope the iphone works out for you. But I have a feeling you will be back sooner than you think

Posted via CB10
    John Pawling likes this.
    04-11-13 06:19 PM
    Wonderful. Why did we need to know this?

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 06:20 PM
    I would have wiped the phone and reinstalled the OS and then returned the phone for a new one before I gave up because those results aren't typical. That's just me though. To each their own.

Posted via CB10
    ErinnM and John Pawling like this.
    04-11-13 06:24 PM
    I must be lucky and got a really good Z10, cause mine is perfect doesn't do any of those things that you mentioned.. the only thing I'm disappointed in is that it still hadn't found me a girlfriend, geez silly Z10!

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 06:28 PM
    I always wonder why people post this crap? You returned your Z10, so what.?

Posted from my Z10. via CB10
    04-11-13 06:28 PM
    OK I tried .. I really tried. Got my Z10 10 days ago and was really enjoying learning about my new toy .. and saying i will never go back to the BB Bold. BUT .. first the phoen got very hot when I put it in my pocket and the battery drained very quickly .. I tried a PowerSkin but it just made the phone even hotter to the point that it was uncomfortable even in a blazer pocket. THEN .. a couple of times over the past few days my contacts disappeared ... then a few hours later reappeared but now in triplicate. My wife said I sent three of the same txts when I only sent one. Then the phone just rebooted on its own.

I called Verizon tech support who told me these are all known issues BUT there is no schedule from BB with respect to when an update will come out to correct them.

Sooo .. when I lost my contacts for the second time yesterday I had it. I am sending the Z10 back and will now try the Iphone5. Too bad too since I was really cheering BB on with this phone .. but it is not ready for critical use.
    Did you not entertain the possibility that your phone was defective? If you wanted to "really try" then you should have taken it back for a new one. I wish you luck on whatever phone you decide on but anyone who has ever owned a cellphone before EVER knows that lemons are in every basket. If you want justification in switching to another phone, you'll have to find it elsewhere other than "all of BlackBerry's devices are crappy."
    04-11-13 06:30 PM
    The Power Skin isn't cheap. Think about how real the story is. Not difficult to scan the threads to make the story.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 06:33 PM
    K.

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    You are so helpful as usual! It's obvious that Verizon specific z10 phones have issues. I haven't had any battery problems on t mobile. You should have exchanged your device to give it a fair shot.
    ihys likes this.
    04-11-13 06:35 PM
    I never understood these posts.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 06:36 PM
    If this isn't just a troll then I blame Verizon.
    I got my first device in Dec with beta OS.
    Then you can expect such issues...
    Coming from beta code to 10.0.9 code was great. But why did Verizon release with 10.0.9 when 10.0.10 has soo many improvements? Hope we don't lose more thanks to Verizon's OS!

Todd

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 06:40 PM
    I never understood these posts.

Posted via CB10
    I never understood why the same people come into these posts and complain about them. I usually click on every post like this just because I can't help but chuckle at the replies. Anyway, once again "troll" [1] BB fanatic [0]

The phone isn't for everyone, no phone is. As long as it brings you joy who cares what someone else thinks.
    Spawn12 and ihys like this.
    04-11-13 06:42 PM
    Really tried? Doesn't sound like it.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 06:44 PM
    If this isn't just a troll then I blame Verizon.
    I got my first device in Dec with beta OS.
    Then you can expect such issues...
    Coming from beta code to 10.0.9 code was great. But why did Verizon release with 10.0.9 when 10.0.10 has soo many improvements? Hope we don't lose more thanks to Verizon's OS!

Todd

Posted via CB10
    Correct. I'm holding off on the Z10 until two demands are met. 1. Verizon shows they will support the device, and 2. A specific app can be sideloaded. #2 will be decided after Verizon updates the phone and I pick one up to try the sideload.
    04-11-13 06:45 PM
    the screen is remarkable and the pictures quality is amazing, still learning but can't wait
    04-11-13 06:52 PM
    BYE!!!

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 06:53 PM
    Seems like you have an agenda to bash the company with your constant negative post
    04-11-13 06:56 PM
    Exactly. Verizon is having some major issues with quality control. I don't know why, maybe it is their cdma standard, but damn, there are a lot of issues. It doesn't help that they are witholding the updates too.

You take the phone back until you get a good one. If you want to "try" then you take it back until you get a good one. I'm sorry that they are having issues but giving up after the first shot is not "trying."
    04-11-13 06:56 PM
    Seems like you have an agenda to bash the company with your constant negative post
    Huh? I've looked at his posts and it is the same issues that the majority of the Verizon users are experiencing. He has also had contacts disappearing. Those things would tick me off too but that is why you keep taking them back until you get a good one.
    04-11-13 06:59 PM
    I really don't see the point of your post? Are you trying to give us for advice? Are you asking for help? Are you warning us? What is it?
    04-11-13 07:00 PM
    dont let the door hit you on your way out?
    04-11-13 07:03 PM
    At least he gave it a try. But its seems like all of the problem are always with Verizon!!
    04-11-13 07:05 PM
    Huh? I've looked at his posts and it is the same issues that the majority of the Verizon users are experiencing. He has also had contacts disappearing. Those things would tick me off too but that is why you keep taking them back until you get a good one.
    He or anyone else shouldnt have to keep on taking their phone back until they get a normal working phone.. it should be good to go on the first buy... unfortunately we got some ppl returning it 3 times trying to give bb a try. Blackberry should put some real pressure on verizon and say hey whats up with you guys, fix your damn problem, cause right now its hurting blackberry's image. even though it may not be blackberry's fault but the fault of the carrier.

Edit: im with the other ppl on this, why are you guys so hostile towards the op. He wanted this phone and it just kept on crapping out on him.. and it may not be the fault of blackberry but he needs a phone that works now. not one thats gonna keep on rebooting or other glitches. until verizon or whichever carrier gets their **** together its gonna hurt bb image
    04-11-13 07:06 PM
    I agree with majority....these posts are getting old....I'll never buy an Apple product as I don't support paying slave wages to Chinese teenagers
    04-11-13 07:07 PM
31 12