Contacts (and Calendar) remain a serious issue as MANY other posts have indicated. I believe it is a big embarrassment to RIM, VZN, YAHOO and others. I believe it is a major reason for the 10.1 release delays. The industry is trying to implement dynamic OTA SYNCING of Contacts and Calendar. VZN seems stuck saving every single item while trying to implement BB Protect or what.. Try this to survive until it is cleaned up: set Calendar and Contacts sync interval to 'Manual' and get and use the app Contact X to clean up your Z10 mess. Link WILL let you copy from an older BB to Z10. Me, I'm stuck trying to master Outlook. Ugh. If you mangle your Yahoo or Gmail account, sniff around for new tools to fix multiple or missing items. Doc Neutron
    06-25-13 05:33 PM
    My users were complaining they were adding contacts from their phone and they were not appearing in their Outlook contacts back on the desktop. I thought they were making a mistake, but no, it's the phone. It makes a "local" contact. Once it does, there's no way to get the contact into a database that would be useful. Needs fixing.
    07-06-13 08:10 AM
    I love BB, but this z10 contacts list screwed me. I backed up my 9900 and restored it on my z10. I now have 2400+ contacts in my phone. Some are doubled up, some are not, some are tripled up... I live with it, but would be nice to have a single complete set. I had taken the time to do it on my 9900, took a few hours, linking to my linkedin and fb contacts. Now alas it was all for naught.
    07-06-13 02:23 PM
    Same here and it sux
    07-06-13 05:56 PM
    I use Contact X to automatically scan address book and merge contacts.

Z10STL100-2/10.1.0.2354 on O2 UK
    07-06-13 07:40 PM
    I had a similar issue when I bought my Z10.

Realized the problem was not blackberry but the contacts coming from all my accounts. They were for the most similar but not equal. Ex: for the same name in one address book I had the home phone while in the other only the mobile number. Also contact names were slightly different and also different from Facebook.

Solution:
    - deleted all the accounts from blackberry
    - for each account review/normalize/clean the address book
    - recreate the accounts and merge contacts

No more duplicates, running fine since February and I have configured 4 email accounts.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-13 08:38 PM
    The Z10 has some serious contacts issues. There is no logic behind the random disappearances of contacts and the poor sync with online services like LinkedIn. I have a LinkedIn contact that doesn't show up on my phone no matter what. Stupid.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-13 09:09 PM
    My users were complaining they were adding contacts from their phone and they were not appearing in their Outlook contacts back on the desktop. I thought they were making a mistake, but no, it's the phone. It makes a "local" contact. Once it does, there's no way to get the contact into a database that would be useful. Needs fixing.
    IMHO the fix is for the phone to stop creating all these duplicate contacts. There should just be one master contact list on the phone. Then everything can drive off of that list, and contacts on that list can be used to drive contact-related functionality on the device in a consistent fashion (which would help to resolve a lot of the problems related to caller id confusion, and contacts not showing up in the Phone app).

A lot of these "bugs" in the Contacts app are actually related to problems/confusion because multiple lists of duplicate contacts are being stored on the device. It makes no sense to have a clean, single list of contacts stored on each 3rd-party service (Google, Outlook, Apple...all Blackberry competitors), and have a confusing mishmash of duplicates stored on the phone, for the end user (and Blackberry customer) to have to deal with. Even the Blackberry OS itself is getting confused by all the duplicates (Leading to bugs in the logging of calls and activity history)

There is no way businesses are going to buy Blackberry devices in large numbers, while the Contacts app is corrupting the client databases of all their users.
    07-07-13 01:18 PM
    I'm at a loss for this problem in my contacts app everything is there, when I select the phone icon and then select contacts barely any of my contacts are there, if I go in to manage my SIM contacts even after copying from my contacts list to the sim some are still missing. It makes no sense fix this already.
    07-08-13 07:33 PM
    Perhaps the following will help some people with duplicate contacts issues:

That said you may have duplicate contacts and calendars depending on how may "sources" of contacts and calendars you have "turned on"--i.e. BBM; Outlook, Gmail, Facebook, LinkedIn, Outlook.com, etc. If you do experience duplicates or even triplicates on your contacts, open up your contacts, pull down the menu gear on top and touch the "Settings" option--turn all contact sources on, click on the top contact that has duplicates (they will show one under the other) and on menu, hightlight all duplicates and and link together. Here is a link with instructions for linking the duplicates if it is a problem as well. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ntacts-824377/
    07-08-13 07:44 PM
    I agree with all said.
    BB10 got it all wrong with the contacts, I cant sync with my online account contacts too, despite the update. It ain't fixed yet.
    I echo my frustrations for the BB blend for linux users, not impressed, but still loving my Q5.
    08-07-15 07:58 AM
    Before doing OS update, pull SIM card and after updated , then put back SIM card, the local contact will be no duplicate and deleted. I never sync contact on e.mail account . That will messing the contact management. That was mine experienced of contact issues. Very annoying of contact automatically deleted.

Z10/STL100-2/2339
    08-07-15 08:22 AM
87 ... 234