Hey everyone!

So Im coming to realize that a bunch of my contacts from my 9900 never made it over to my Z10. I used Link to transfer what it could, then my Google account synced the rest. Is there any way on my 9900 to see what contacts ARENT on my Google account, then add them so they'll then get synced over to my Z10?

I know theres apparently a way to sync over contacts via Bluetooth, but it didn't work for me. Even if it did work, would they get synced with my Google account once they made their way over to the Z10?

Thanks for the help
    02-09-13 09:25 PM
    Hello,

I had the same problem. I connected to Mac an did a device switch and it appeared it did not work. I disconnected and wifi sync started on the Z10. Restart the Z10 and everything transferred.

Hope this helps

CBB
    02-09-13 09:30 PM
    How do I do a WiFi sync?
    02-09-13 09:37 PM
    Hey everyone!

So Im coming to realize that a bunch of my contacts from my 9900 never made it over to my Z10. I used Link to transfer what it could, then my Google account synced the rest. Is there any way on my 9900 to see what contacts ARENT on my Google account, then add them so they'll then get synced over to my Z10?

I know theres apparently a way to sync over contacts via Bluetooth, but it didn't work for me. Even if it did work, would they get synced with my Google account once they made their way over to the Z10?

Thanks for the help
    Google Contacts actually does a really good job matching up existing contacts with duplicates. Therefore, I would suggest this process to complete your Contacts transfer:

1. Sync Contacts from your BlackBerry 9900 using BlackBerry Desktop to Microsoft Outlook or Apple Address Book.

2. Import your freshly retrieved Contacts from Outlook or Address Book into Google Contact's by using BlackBerry's instructions at: How to import contacts to a webmail service �Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

3. In Google Contacts, use the "Find & Merge Duplicates ..." function under "More" to combine duplicates. For more instructions, see Merging contacts - Gmail Help

4. If you have setup Google sync for Contacts on your BlackBerry Z10, all your contacts should appear on your Z10 under your Google account tab in Contacts.
    02-10-13 12:50 AM
    How do I do a WiFi sync?
    Wifi sync for what? Are you talking about media sync from BlackBerry Link via Wifi or are you talking about over-the-air PIM information sync (does not involve BlackBerry Link)?
    02-10-13 12:51 AM
    Did you try Blackberry protect ? I think it works so good.
    02-10-13 12:52 AM
    1. You can do a device switch. Goto setup on your OS7 device, find device switch, backup to your SD, plug it into OS10 and hope it works
    2. Bluetooth. Pair both of your device. Once done, goto your OS7's BT menu, find the device and say "send contacts". However, it only sends up to 500, but keeps your pictures
    3. BlackBerry Link, high fail rate.
    4. Use Google Sync. If you want to ensure you don't get duplicate contacts, signup a new Gmail account just for sync. Once sign-ed up, add it onto your OS7 phone, enable Sync. Once sync, add the mail account onto your OS10 device and allow contact sync.
    02-10-13 12:58 AM
    I have tried quite a few methods, besides link, besides desktop manager, besides creating a new outlook account, and a new gmail account, reset the SIM card and reactivate the 9800.... all of these netted frustration because the information was incomplete, and not all the contacts that I wanted ported over.
    I decided to try to send the contacts cards via BBM to my husband and now he will BBM the contact cards to me.
    This was the simplest solution, too bad that I did not think of it before spending 8 hours trying everything else!!!

I love BBM
    Last edited by sewnut; 02-11-13 at 07:47 PM.
    02-11-13 07:18 PM