Anyone know if all the problems with contacts will be resolved with the new OS?

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 05:11 PM
    Hopefully so, I've had quite a few issues with the Contacts app ever since I got the phone, though the first update improved things. It's been stuff like the inability to edit certain fields (they revert after restarting the app) and weird glitches with linking contacts. I've learned to live with them, but I would appreciate it if they were fixed.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 05:19 PM
    Anyone know if all the problems with contacts will be resolved with the new OS?

Posted via CB10
    Been using 10.1 for 3 days now.. no duplicates.. my other z10 which runs 10.0 gets duplicates every 2 days. so 10.1 looks good so far
    04-24-13 05:25 PM
    Yea I miss the ability to manually link people thru Facebook a lot of times my phone doesn't pick them up like new friends or it will but will not add their fb pictures which is also annoying

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 05:28 PM
    This is encouraging to hear!

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 05:42 PM
    so all the FB contacts come through now?
    04-24-13 05:44 PM
    Can't say I've suffered any of these problems. I'm quite amazed with contacts, I can link my fb friends to other accounts and phone numbers. Sometimes I'm just sitting here and think wonder what X is up to and just tap their name.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 05:50 PM
    Been using 10.1, there are duplicates like 10.0. It's as bad. Nothing improved. -- On top of that, FB contacts don't even have a picture anymore in my contacts app, or at least most of them.. bad integration.
    04-24-13 05:59 PM
    I don't think the contacts issues will ever be resolved. I used to have contact issues with OS7, and i blame Google. I'll delete on my BlackBerry and Google doesn't give a sh!t and just syncs it back.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 06:05 PM
    thats a shame
    04-24-13 06:54 PM
    Is there a way on the contacts to make up a "Group". I tried finding it and no luck.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 07:16 PM
    Hi All,

I've been using Scrubly Remove Duplicates and Merge Matching Contacts - Outlook, Mac and Gmail as I too has been annoyed about Contacts and the general integration when it comes to contact's profile pix not appearing to going thru and manually "link" various contacts in the All contacts section.

With over 3000+ contacts I wanted a solution that worked and have completed numerous test.

Using Gmail contacts as a base, I used Scrubly to remove duplicates and merge all social networks into 1 profile for each contact.

On my z10 10.0.10.90 I have only setup Gmail email, contacts and calendar. I have not loaded my FB, Linkedin Twitter accounts in the hub for this one reason. The integration between social networks and the contacts app has bugs and in my experience corrupts your core contact list.

As for new contacts, the z10 and current OS seems to work correctly as it should do.
    04-24-13 08:46 PM
    On the subject of entering new contacts on BB10, the whole local contacts, sim contacts is just pointless. Mobile computing is all about cloud related products and services; I would have thought Blackberry would be leading this space.

Hi All,

I've been using Scrubly Remove Duplicates and Merge Matching Contacts - Outlook, Mac and Gmail as I too has been annoyed about Contacts and the general integration when it comes to contact's profile pix not appearing to going thru and manually "link" various contacts in the All contacts section.

With over 3000+ contacts I wanted a solution that worked and have completed numerous test.

Using Gmail contacts as a base, I used Scrubly to remove duplicates and merge all social networks into 1 profile for each contact.

On my z10 10.0.10.90 I have only setup Gmail email, contacts and calendar. I have not loaded my FB, Linkedin Twitter accounts in the hub for this one reason. The integration between social networks and the contacts app has bugs and in my experience corrupts your core contact list.

As for new contacts, the z10 and current OS seems to work correctly as it should do.
    04-27-13 08:28 AM