Having a bit of a curious time with the pictures of my contacts. My address book has the contacts picture (pulled from Facebook) for the picture used, but BBM just shows a blank space. Does anyone know how the z10 handles contact pictures and such.

Hope this makes sense.
    02-07-13 04:57 PM
    I'm wondering the same thing. It seems that the BBM contact might need a picture set on their end. Hope this changes soon.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-07-13 05:11 PM
    I just like not feeling alone when I have these issues. LOL

It's almost like it's not pulling the information over for the images. About three of my BBM contacts don't have images associated to them in BBM, but in my address book they have FaceBook images.
    02-07-13 07:32 PM
    Your confusing your contact picture for that person with their BBM account picture. You have no control over their BBM picture because they have to add it and not you.
    02-07-13 07:34 PM
    Your confusing your contact picture for that person with their BBM account picture. You have no control over their BBM picture because they have to add it and not you.
    Well that is just goofy, cause in previous OS you could goto options and click the box that says replace contact pictures with contact book pictures, or some such thing.
    02-07-13 07:42 PM
    I don't know what you are referring to. On My Torch 9860 running OS 7.1 the only thing could change on my BBM contacts was their names. Nevertheless BBRY is going a different direction with the BlackBerry. Embrace it!
    02-07-13 08:00 PM
    I liked having control over contacts BBM photos, especially if they didnt have one.
    Its my device, \i should be allowed complete control over the images that appear on it.
    now I have 12 blanks... looks ridiculous.
    02-08-13 07:52 AM
    This option, I believe, was for the other way around. Being able to update contact pictures with the supplied BBM account picture.
    Well that is just goofy, cause in previous OS you could goto options and click the box that says replace contact pictures with contact book pictures, or some such thing.
    02-08-13 09:26 AM
    Ask your friend to add a picture to their BBM profile. Really though you shouldn't have the ability to change your friends BBM picture around as they might not like what you have choosen for them.
    02-08-13 10:37 AM
    You could never add a pic to BBM. It's an IM client. It's up to the user to upload a pic of their own.
    02-08-13 10:42 AM
    I'm almost positive I was able to change someone's BBM profile picture by tapping on the picture.

Morbium and Shawna Phillips like this.
    02-08-13 11:23 AM
    I'm almost positive I was able to change someone's BBM profile picture by tapping on the picture.

I don't think you could change their BBM pic to whatever you want, BUT as someone above said, you could have their BBM pic replaced with their BB Contacts pic. I'm looking at it now on my 9900...several of my BBM contacts who do not have a pic set up are showing as pictures that I have set up for them in BB Contacts. Once the BBM contact is 'linked' to the BB Contact, BBM pulls the
    BB Contact pic to BBM. Voila!!
    02-08-13 12:50 PM
    I don't think you could change their BBM pic to whatever you want, BUT as someone above said, you could have their BBM pic replaced with their BB Contacts pic. I'm looking at it now on my 9900...several of my BBM contacts who do not have a pic set up are showing as pictures that I have set up for them in BB Contacts. Once the BBM contact is 'linked' to the BB Contact, BBM pulls the
    BB Contact pic to BBM. Voila!!
    Exactly, thank you. I thought I was nuts. BB10 doesn't offer this or if it does, how do we enable it.
    Shawna Phillips likes this.
    02-08-13 01:09 PM
    I am sure you can too. You can also chance their contact pic in Contacts to whatever you want it to be on YOUR phone
    02-08-13 01:15 PM
    LOL. You couldn't directly change someone's BBM photo only their name. However, you could allow Facebook to change your contact's photos which in turn usually changed their BBM photo. There was an option in BBM that allowed you to do this. To the original poster, the lack of BBM pics is an apparent bug solved only by 1) having those contacts without profile pics to simply reset their photo photo or 2) wipe your device which completely logs you out of BBM forcing you to log back into it via BBID. In some cases this has solved the BBM profile pic issue.
    Morbium likes this.
    02-12-13 03:52 PM
    You are not nuts (about this anyways). You could click on the Picture and change it. That is what I did on my 9700 with a few BBM contacts who didn't have default pictures on their phone. On the Z10, I have pictures for them in Contacts, but not in BBM and I can't find any way to change the picture.

Morbium and Shawna Phillips like this.
    02-12-13 04:05 PM
    You are not nuts (about this anyways). You could click on the Picture and change it. That is what I did on my 9700 with a few BBM contacts who didn't have default pictures on their phone. On the Z10, I have pictures for them in Contacts, but not in BBM and I can't find any way to change the picture.
    Thank you.

Shawna Phillips likes this.
    02-12-13 06:47 PM
    You could never add a pic to BBM. It's an IM client. It's up to the user to upload a pic of their own.
    Wrong.
    07-21-13 12:59 AM
    on my bb 9790 I could change my bbm profile pictures to what I wanted them to be
    02-01-14 12:59 AM
    I know a married chick who is pissed she can't use a girl's pic for her boyfriend :-)
    02-01-14 12:12 PM
    Why does the toasts notification of a BBM show the contacts picture from my contacts but if I go into BBM and look at the same persons contact their picture is blank? Very annoying

Posted via Z30 on CB10
    02-27-14 06:37 PM