First the background... from the phone app I wanted to update a contact's number, so I selected add to contacts, then existing contact. So far so good. Searched and found contact. Added new number, deleted old number, saved.

Problem: when I went to the contacts app and searched, it again found the entry, no links, but with only the original number!

So I repeated the process thinking I'd made an error. Same results.

So I tried viewing the contact from the phone app... and it was correct! but in the contacts app it was not!

Digging deeper I opened the correct contact from the phone app and checked for links. Found this:

Contact app discovery-img_20140327_162002.png

Interesting! The HP6300 is my desktop computer which is running Link. I was not at home at the time. However... my Z10 config specifically excludes the desktop from contacts:

Contact app discovery-img_20140327_161941.png

So what gives?! And why will the phone app default to to HP6300 contacts rather than my local contacts? And why is the Contacts app unable to find or see the HP6300 contacts? (I imagine because they are not configured,but then the phone app should expect the same rules, no?)

I'm beginning to think this anomaly may explain some of BlackBerry 10's strange behavior with contacts vanishing...?

Anyone have any insights to this?
    03-27-14 04:30 PM
    I'll bump this because, I, too, want to know what the heck this linking is doing and how/why it does what it does. All of my contacts are linked similarly to my computer's name. So TWO for each contact. I've stopped trying to sever that link but did have to blow away some others that I cannot figure out where they came from. I would prefer NO links. At least, not automatically.
    03-27-14 05:57 PM