There is no Verizon carrier testing. It should be called for what it really is: "How to get our buggy bloatware to run on this version of BB10."
    07-15-13 11:41 AM
    There is no Verizon carrier testing. It should be called for what it really is: "How to get our buggy bloatware to run on this version of BB10."
    I guess they cant get the VZW ringback tones app to work.. back to the drawing board!
    07-15-13 11:44 AM
    Since no one really knows and VZW isn't saying why, here's another off the wall reason... they decided to wait for the A10 since it's been announced as coming and getting a lot of the publicity now.
    Like the PB, the Z10 and Q10 are old news.

I doubt this is the case but it's just frustrating that before the bugs are worked out of the existing devices, here comes another one that will introduce a whole bunch of new ones.

Sorry for the rant.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 11:59 AM
    I want to buy a Q10 but I won't give Verizon my business until they release the 10.1 for the Z. Part of my reasoning is solidarity with the Z owners. The other reason is that if I buy the Q and decide it doesn't suit me then I would swap it for a Z with 10.1.

I would rather not try the leaks. I don't want to bork my phone and it seems they fix some problems but create others.
    Last edited by luddite2; 07-15-13 at 12:49 PM.
    nikki778 likes this.
    07-15-13 12:23 PM
    I am so sick of Verizon not taking care of us. Clearly they do not care.
    07-15-13 12:51 PM
    Has anyone found a way to cancel Verizon because of these delays? I would love to cancel and go to T-mobile.
    07-15-13 01:06 PM
    Has anyone found a way to cancel Verizon because of these delays? I would love to cancel and go to T-mobile.
    ha! yeh right.. i have been back and forth on the phone with t-mobile and verizon today and this is their final answers..
    verizon: tech rep called blackberry, calls me back and informs me that blackberry says i have the latest software (10.0.9.422) and no other os has been released
    t-mo: i can TRY to go into a store and see if someone will let me use an active sim to get the t-mo upgrade and then go back to my vzw sim. called two close stores and they said they probably won't but their managers are in meetings.

also, after complaining so much and saying i wanted to leave vzw to go to t-mo they told me to go right ahead.. just would have to pay the cancellation fees and such.. they won't be of any help..
    07-15-13 01:15 PM
    When you say you're going to T-Mobile, so you mean you're canceling your VZW service or just getting a SIM card from T-Mobile? I ask because I want this update too.

Posted via CB10
    i've been with verizon for 13 years and this is the first ounce of problems i have ever had with them.. always had great support with blackberry phones over the years. i'm willing to pay to use someone's att or t-mo sim to update my phone, because i would love to keep my awesome service coverage since the other two have little to no service were i live. anyone interested in letting me use theirs?! anyone near DAYTON, OH?
    07-15-13 01:19 PM
    Why don't you just install a leaked OS? They really are not that bad, I've had one on my Z10 for some time now and have had no issues. Its actually corrected issues like the random rebooting.
    07-15-13 01:28 PM
    ha! yeh right.. i have been back and forth on the phone with t-mobile and verizon today and this is their final answers..
    verizon: tech rep called blackberry, calls me back and informs me that blackberry says i have the latest software (10.0.9.422) and no other os has been released
    t-mo: i can TRY to go into a store and see if someone will let me use an active sim to get the t-mo upgrade and then go back to my vzw sim. called two close stores and they said they probably won't but their managers are in meetings.

also, after complaining so much and saying i wanted to leave vzw to go to t-mo they told me to go right ahead.. just would have to pay the cancellation fees and such.. they won't be of any help..

I remember with Sprint a few years back they added some NEW twenty five cent admin fee to everyones bill and because of this a ton of people were able to exodus from Sprint because of it. It voided the original contract you signed
    07-15-13 01:31 PM
    IMHO vzw is about to owe a sh#$ton of money to apple for not selling enough I phones. Why would they want a better BB?

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 01:42 PM
    Why don't you just install a leaked OS? They really are not that bad, I've had one on my Z10 for some time now and have had no issues. Its actually corrected issues like the random rebooting.
    I would if my link worked and would back up my info and app settings. It won't ever go past 2-3% so I would have to start from scratch.

posted by me
    lsf222 likes this.
    07-15-13 01:57 PM
    The leaks require a Windows PC. Some people don't have that.
    07-15-13 07:58 PM
    The way BlackBerry fixes this is to stop releasing buggy OS updates that fail carrier testing.
    Got yanked by AT&T.
    Got yanked by Verizon.

Sent back to BlackBerry for repairs.

Using a BlackBerry Z10
    My t-mobile 10.1 has been running great for a while. Makes you wonder especially since Verizon has to sell a ton more iPhones not to breech their sales agreement with Apple. I personally hope they have to eat a lot of money and could care less about Verizon or their customers. If people are pissed then leave.

Posted via CB10
    lsf222 likes this.
    07-15-13 08:42 PM
    My t-mobile 10.1 has been running great for a while. Makes you wonder especially since Verizon has to sell a ton more iPhones not to breech their sales agreement with Apple. I personally hope they have to eat a lot of money and could care less about Verizon or their customers. If people are pissed then leave.

Posted via CB10
    In my case, I wish it were that easy to just leave.
    I've been with ATT and Sprint and talked with people using T-Mobile. Unfortunately VZW has the best signal coverage for the areas I travel in for my work.

There are times I miss the "Good 'ol days" when I just remembered where the quiet, working and clean pay phones were to make phone calls on the road.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 10:30 AM
    Well I did it. Yep called VZW for OS update info. The first rep was left speechless when I told her "no it isn't BBRY holding the update. I explained the situation to her and she said one moment, let me look something up. Well the next voice I heard was a rep from BBRY. Yes a cold transfer.

After speaking with him I asked him to bridge on VZW. He said one moment and the next thing I got was another VZW rep. No bridge.

I knew this would probably be the way it went, but just had to poke em.

Customer service does not exist. Pass the buck does.
    07-16-13 12:00 PM
    at least you have BB10 with a ton of working leaks.....I have sprint....i am using the latest VZW 9930 update because sprint is still stuck on 7.1.580....just use a leak from a reputable "leaker' and enjoy
    07-16-13 07:01 PM
    I would if my link worked and would back up my info and app settings. It won't ever go past 2-3% so I would have to start from scratch.

posted by me
    Just use Sachup to grab the T-Mobile load and Sachibar to flash it OVER your existing firmware.

That's non-destructive, will not delete your data, and is NOT a leak -- it is the official load T-Mobile is pushing to their customers.
    07-16-13 07:06 PM
    Dear lord, if you've had Verizon for any time you know they are generally not particularly astute regarding any phone tech. If you are on CB you've got the solution in your hands. It is incredibly simple to install a leak...never been easier. Stop wasting your time reading or writing complaints and Take Control. ("First my phone, then my life, then the world!! Bwahahaha!")

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 07:16 PM
    You know there are some "leaks" which are stable released OS builds, non-dev OS builds, I can understand an individual not loading a MR dev OS, but what's wrong with a 2xxx build?? Anyway, I guess that's just me...
    07-16-13 07:19 PM
    Had Verizon for 8 years... they have been and will always be this way about updates. I've been on tmo for 2 years now and will never look back, fast updates, great prices, good services (wifi calling in areas they dont) and blazing LTE. Verizon can suck it... sorry to those still waiting on their non sense!

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 07:50 PM
    I posted on another thread, that yesterday I was at a Verizon store in Cypress, CA. The salesman there said to buy an s4 because BB was "dead in the water". I wouldn't expect any updates anytime soon.
    07-16-13 08:44 PM
    I was in des moines Iowa Sunday and was told same thing. BlackBerry is dead and I should get I phone. I chatted with Verizon today and was told not to call back and it could be months before the update could be released. What a joke.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 09:35 PM
    Just use Sachup to grab the T-Mobile load and Sachibar to flash it OVER your existing firmware.

That's non-destructive, will not delete your data, and is NOT a leak -- it is the official load T-Mobile is pushing to their customers.
    So, as some people have listed to do a device security wipe after loading a leak, i don't have to do that@?

posted by me
    07-19-13 04:00 PM
49 12