05-09-13 12:21 PM
30 12
tools
    If I see a respectful question about a problem, I will be respectful... but I admit it's really hard to be respectful when new users come on with high expectations that aren't met (where if they had done their "homework" there would have seen on CrackBerry.com a lot of chatter about the launch-era issues that BB10 WILL have) but they forgot to take the time to calm down after experiencing something frustrating and respectfully asking questions and perhaps the reply would be "No, it's different than Android and iOS, it works like this..." or "yes, that's a known issue that has been reported to BlackBerry [link to thread discussing issue]".

But if you come on BlackBerry screaming and whining that your Z10 is "a huge disappointment" or "not ready for prime time" or something similar, expect what you get. No apologies here, even though I'm not inclined to respond to negative, angry, and often unreasonable posts. Expecting help and respect while giving nothing but bile and anger is kind-of unreasonable.

And I second the notion to report hostile responses to reasonable commentary about issues... but posters, do your home work and see if your complaints have already been posted by another user. Then, all you have to do is post "Yes, I have experienced this too."

What, you can't be bothered to read all the OTHER whiny angry posts? Well, now you know how WE feel, seeing them day after day, the same stuff repeated over and over. Arg.
    ^This.
    05-09-13 11:08 AM
    Sick to death of all the old crackberry forum members and their remarks on the z10 .
    As you will know the z10 has seen a huge sway of new to blackberry owners ..like myself
    we have all probably used android,iphone,windows mobile ,and thought wow ,the z10 looks amazing .
    So new phone in hand ,contract signed , we eagerly play with our new handset ...
    Only to find that we are having issues not seen on other platforms .
    Therefore we use this forum on crackberry
    we are looking or help ,not condescending,sometimes abusive remarks .
    That's sad if you are experiencing that. I have been a Crackberry member and user since 2010. Compared with other forums of all kinds, my experience with Crackberry members has generally been a very good one. Most questions get knowledgeable, very helpful answers. Probably the best advice when it comes to any internet forum is "don't feed the trolls." Sadly, they can be found everywhere. The only thing that works at all is to ignore the temptation to fight with them.

Don't give up on Crackberry. Most folks here are great sources of help and information.
    05-09-13 11:16 AM
    OP, I had been one of those legacy BB users who was very comfortable with the old system, but have experienced the iPhone and WP8, which didn't do much for me. I tried the Z10 at the store, and found it very intuitive. It works well for me and I'm in my 60s, but it is very different from anything else I've used and requires acclimatization. That said, what problems are you having? We'd glad to assist, as we all benefit from the solutions.
    05-09-13 11:47 AM
    Hey @wu-wei, well said. As for dealing with repeat issues on threads. Well if you think Crackberry is bad have you watched Freeview on UK TV. It would drive anyone to read a repeat thread here, even if it is total tosh.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 11:56 AM
    Well we all were new at one point, and for some ppl this may be their first forum ever so they don't really know the etiquette of the forum or the fact that you should search and see if other ppl have had similar problems as themselves.

I know when I first started going on forums I thought it was like a help Centre, where you could post your problems or let ppl know u weren't happy about something.
    So when I first tried a car forum for help that's how it was, ppl loved to help and give you assistance and no question was too stupid or you wouldn't get belittled for asking or say something like how you didn't like this or that. Even something as simple as how to open the oil pan. No on made you feel stupid or say your wrong, it was made that way for a reason. These ppl were being real with what they had.

What I have found though was when someone said something about BlackBerry they were met with such hostility and gtfo BlackBerry doesn't need you. Why are you still here, cry me a river and so forth. And these same folks would delude themselves and wouldn't dare say yeah your right it would make more sense if BlackBerry did it this way, instead they rather be blind about it and say it must be good because BlackBerry did it.

Some ppl just get way to defensive about bb. It's good cause their passionate but I can see how its very off putting.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 12:21 PM
30 12