Sick to death of all the old crackberry forum members and their remarks on the z10 .
    As you will know the z10 has seen a huge sway of new to blackberry owners ..like myself
    we have all probably used android,iphone,windows mobile ,and thought wow ,the z10 looks amazing .
    So new phone in hand ,contract signed , we eagerly play with our new handset ...
    Only to find that we are having issues not seen on other platforms .
    Therefore we use this forum on crackberry
    we are looking or help ,not condescending,sometimes abusive remarks .
    05-09-13 07:20 AM
    If you see some abusive remarks, it might be smart to actually report the people who post them.
    The corner of every post has the report post button so you can go ahead and use that, then contribute by giving your own input.
    Bartleby001 and Jake Storm like this.
    05-09-13 07:34 AM
    Sick to death of all the old crackberry forum members and their remarks on the z10 .
    As you will know the z10 has seen a huge sway of new to blackberry owners ..like myself
    we have all probably used android,iphone,windows mobile ,and thought wow ,the z10 looks amazing .
    So new phone in hand ,contract signed , we eagerly play with our new handset ...
    I've seen a lot of that in the forums recently as well. I'm sure that a small number of recent members to the forums are indeed the trolls that they are publicly accused of being, but the majority of new people are not. They are new members of the Blackberry user community, most of who will likely become Blackberry enthusiasts- and they have questions.
    They shouldn't be attacked for "not doing a search" to find out if their question has already been asked. They should be welcomed with some measure of grace. After all, it takes a little while to develop proper forum protocol.

It's probable that over the last 2 years or so, a sense of isolation has developed based on the endless snobbery and public kickings that Blackberry and its fans have had to take, and some people have become oversensitized and defensive of Blackberry- maybe for fear that if they don't, the products they love will disappear. It's almost zealot behavior, or
    like a battered animal that can trust anyone anymore.

Anyway, to all you meanies out there, I understand that you want to keep actual trouble makers in line, but remember that a lot of these people we are seeing in the forums are the new users we were always hoping would come through the door someday. A lot of them really do deserve that a welcome mat be laid out for them. They are your new peers.- and they have a lot of questions and things to get used to. Pushing a home button will not take care of their problems, but we can all help.
    05-09-13 07:47 AM
    I've seen a lot of that in the forums recently as well. I'm sure that a small number of recent members to the forums are indeed the trolls that they are publicly accused of being, but the majority of new people are not. They are new members of the Blackberry user community, most of who will likely become Blackberry enthusiasts- and they have questions.
    They shouldn't be attacked for "not doing a search" to find out if their question has already been asked. They should be welcomed with some measure of grace. After all, it takes a little while to develop proper forum protocol.

It's probable that over the last 2 years or so, a sense of isolation has developed based on the endless snobbery and public kickings that Blackberry and its fans have had to take, and some people have become oversensitized and defensive of Blackberry- maybe for fear that if they don't, the products they love will disappear. It's almost zealot behavior, or
    like a battered animal that can trust anyone anymore.

Anyway, to all you meanies out there, I understand that you want to keep actual trouble makers in line, but remember that a lot of these people we are seeing in the forums are the new users we were always hoping would come through the door someday. A lot of them really do deserve that a welcome mat be laid out for them. They are your new peers.- and they have a lot of questions and things to get used to. Pushing a home button will not take care of their problems, but we can all help.
    Well said, sir/madame.
    05-09-13 07:58 AM
    It is clear that BlackBerry are going to need a special kind of forum for the Z10/OS10 environment. The big problem for a lot of new users is expectation management. If you are coming from an environment that already has "It all" then this development environment is going to be a very different experience. BlackBerry need to make this a fun and inclusive experience for everyone and that they the company will maintain majority loyalty. Of course there will be some people for whom waiting is not an option. Crackberry need to get tight with BlackBerry to manage a new way forward, through the forum. Let's make the whole experience entertaining so the catch up to iOS and Android is something everyone wants to be part of.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 08:00 AM
    We all get the issues of this early version of Z10. Repeated threads on the same topics are very tiresome. Reports from those using the leaked update suggest most, if not all, of these issues have been addressed. The HUGE advantage iOS and BBerry users have over Android and probably Win Phones is a proprietary system/hardware. I have no doubt they will sort these issues.

As an example. I have always needed to load a market email app on my Android phones (Maildroid) because my POP3 account simply would never work with the integrated software. The manufacturer blamed Android, Android blamed the carrier... so when I encountered the same issue on the Z10 (after loading K9 as a work around) I got hold of a BBerry tech and we went through the issues. Now, by that time it was established there was a general POP send issue etc. But mine was a receive issue. Anyway, BBerry kept leaving messages on my phone that they were working on it. So yesterday I decided to reinstall my POP3 and it works! (I have receive no updates). So, someone actually fixed something. For me this is a first. I'm sticking with my Z10.

And, for those who need to use forums for their personal therapy... I guess it's cheaper than seeking real intervention.
    05-09-13 08:10 AM
    Yes some crap is spouted on here by some so called know it all experts but there are a real load of great helpful people who try and even when abused still go out of their way to help, as for the crackberry team you generally find their comments amusing and always helpful

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 08:15 AM
    Well said lwaysluking, I own and run a forum for a dedicated group who truly love my forum and thankfully when they see a newbie they welcome him or her. Granted it is a very small forum contained to a very small market, but I have never seen the attacks that I see here. No doubt this forum has some trolls, rise above it and please help us new guys out..... We will get better over time; it is hard to read the forums for help when you see "I have no problems" implying we are stupid and or a troll. I love my phone, and will continue to support it, and continue to look for solutions to my Battery Issues, Reboot issues, and most importantly my Contact Issues. I have well over a thousand contacts so it is not as simple as going through them and purging the double and triple entries. Basically I have come to the conclusion that the bugs will correct over time (through software updates), however we live in a world of "right now" and most will not wait. For those reaching out to us newbies thank you, to the few who attack us oh well life goes on...... Again most of us will get better over time and the few that do not will just simply stop visiting.
    05-09-13 08:25 AM
    I personally hate the 2 horse iOS/Android race and want BlackBerry to succeed just on the basis of consumer choice alone. The hub is a brilliant idea and even if Apple + Google nick it, everyone will know that BlackBerry thought of it. BlackBerry are giving a fresh and alternative perspective on the world's most important and innovative technology. They are late entrants though, so they need a different strategy.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 08:29 AM
    Let's not forget that Microsoft dominated technology up until about 5 years ago and yet their attempts into the mobile smartphone market has been a repeated failure. Isn't that because we are just so sick of their buggy, shoddy software and the arrogance that goes with it? Remember their attempts at destroying Java and alternative browser platforms? Hooray for consumer alternatives.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 08:34 AM
    Blackberry 10 is a perfect 10 right?
    I am sick of it too, but the truth is ugly sometimes....there's prob a large amount of dissatisfied z10 users.
    What are they suppose to just be happy with the problems and issues they are having? Are there anymore excuses we can give BB?
    Well, I guess just wait for the update and everyone will be 110% happy with their z10 or q10.
    05-09-13 08:43 AM
    Hey @gitchies. Half my LAN Tech at home won't work with my BB10, YET. And yes it is a pain in the lower sternum. But in reality my Microsoft OS refused to speak to my Synology NAS for over a year and I fixed the ruddy thing with my Android phone in the end. BlackBerry Z10 is still embryonic, but if Apple started from here 6 years ago where would they be today? For now I'm trying workarounds for my home technology and enjoying the hub. It's marvellous on 4G in the UK.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 08:51 AM
    All company or product type forums will have their trolls including "Nothing can be Wrong" and "Nothings ever Right" type posters. They also will have investors holding long and short as well as employees and competitor moles. This phenom will never change for Internet boards...so a thick skin is sometimes in order.

CB might consider better divisions in its structure: For example, a forum strictly for problems, one for investors, and one for just general comments (and screen especially in a forum intended for problems). I understand, however, the ease of a free format...build it, turn it loose on the public, and watch the free for all. But without a bit more structure, it does get difficult to wade through postings for genuine assistance. (And, yes, a poster should absolutely be scolded for not searching a forum prior to lazily starting a new thread, but then even these posters should still be given assistance.)

Further there is indeed real sensitivity among certain posters to any admission that product problems exist. This is undoubtedly counter productive whether from an investor (holding long), simply claiming to be a staunch BB supporter, or for most other reasons. A long-term and/or loyal BB user wants (or should want) any true problem to be isolated and resolved....quickly.

There are many undeniable "issues" with OS10 that, frankly, are incomprensible given BB's quality history thru 2010 and the state of smart phone technology today (i.e., presumed BB goal of matching the competition).

Everyone's proper focus should include room for the very survival of BlackBerry in light of anything less than a phone that exceeds the price-performance characteristics of Apple/several Android based/Msft based phones. The Z/Q will be BB's last shot if they are not incredibly successful (probably somewhere North of min. of 25mm units sold by yrs end). All of the "Tony Robbins" type wishful thinking and cheerleading is not going to conceal real problems encountered by real users that hold the keys to and can lock BB's front door (or change its stationery) in the next two years.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by M65c02; 06-10-13 at 01:00 PM.
    ihys likes this.
    05-09-13 09:01 AM
    All company or product type forums will have their trolls including "Nothing can be Wrong" and "Nothings ever Right" type posters. They also will have investors holding long and short as well as employees and competitor moles. This phenom will never change for Internet boards...so a thick skin is sometimes in order.

Posted via CB10
    Your right. Its prob the things BB took away from their loyal users that they didn't think about....
    Like sync with Outlook, and the emails for 30 days, ability to customize notifications etc...
    The things BB did add are great, but just forgot about you as a customer.
    05-09-13 09:12 AM
    Someone new asks a question that you know the answer to and you know where and when that answer has been posted on CB. You can either ignore the newcomer's post or treat them to a virtual Moe Howard paintbrush face-slapping. Or, take 2 minutes to spread the good news about the device, the platform and this place by kindly linking to the prior thread. Things do get fixed here and often the solutions are shared in a way that educates and gratified someone who was frustrated and fed up. With apologies to Joseph Heller, turns a black-eye into a feather in the cap. Builds brand loyalty and a sense of community.
    05-09-13 09:23 AM
    Some very good ideas there @M65c02

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 09:27 AM
    It's probably because people keep remaking The same threads over and over without ever searching for the info themselves. . Starts to annoy people and their responses become less polite

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 09:33 AM
    Relax, you haven't been here long enough to know that its always like this when they release a new phone. It will calm down over time.
    05-09-13 09:34 AM
    Hey @playbookster - it would help if the Crackberry mobile showed the number of posts count like the desktop browser does. This way we could understand if someone is a newbie and then treat them accordingly. As for bad manners, there's no excuse for them ever. They are a product of modern pond life culture where being obnoxious and rude is supposed to be "Cool and smart" as opposed to what it really is - uncouth and immature. Even BlackBerry can't fix that, blame Hollywood.

Posted via CB10
    ihys and Dj Teknision like this.
    05-09-13 09:41 AM
    CrackBerry always has been and is a jungle. And with the jungle comes wild animals who'll bite your head off for no reason at all. Nothing new here. Trolls remain and tarnish the forum.

Good luck, enjoy your Z10.
    05-09-13 09:44 AM
    Hey @playbookster - it would help if the Crackberry mobile showed the number of posts count like the desktop browser does. This way we could understand if someone is a newbie and then treat them accordingly. As for bad manners, there's no excuse for them ever. They are a product of modern pond life culture where being obnoxious and rude is supposed to be "Cool and smart" as opposed to what it really is - uncouth and immature. Even BlackBerry can't fix that, blame Hollywood.

Posted via CB10
    So should we treat you accordingly then Newbie? I'm kidding.
    05-09-13 09:59 AM
    I get annoyed with the inexperienced here only because we end up seeing the same threads over and over and over and over and over (get my point?) and if someone thinks there is a serious issue, a quick search of the forums #1 will show if anyone has had this issue and how to resolve it and #2 less clutter in the boards because if you (as a new potential customer) comes into CB, and sees 50 different threads asking about 1 issue (like random rebooting) most would move on and say good bye to BlackBerry.

I belong to another web forum in the Home Theater area, and they tell you to read a sticky thread for new users and to use the search function and tack on your question into an existing thread to get the best help. So when I started getting into my home theater stuff (spent over $10k so far) 2 years ago, I posted up a question in an existing thread about my particular receiver and I had a response within an hour. And the thread is almost 3yrs old and people still respond in it and give their reviews and help others that need assistance pertaining to that particular model of receiver. So the thread break down goes.... Home Audio site>Audio Visual>Receivers>Brand of Receiver>Particular Model>Master thread and whole conversation about it.

You are more than welcome to post a new thread about something, but they really encourage people to search and tack onto existing threads.

So instead of forums like CB, they really sub divide down and get into a particular discussion. That way, reviews, hate, positive, help are all together and no need to clutter up the main forums.

New guys just need to understand the way the web forums work and do some reading. I know before I start new threads, I always search to see if i can find an answer first before sending up more clutter into the threads.

If the Z10 forums were filled with every post saying there is this problem, people won't buy, and if they stumble upon a certain issue like random reboots, and come to CB saying they researched before and didn't see anything, I call BS on it because a quick search of Z10 randomly reboots comes up with a bunch of threads already talking about this.
    Prince_Poppycock likes this.
    05-09-13 10:21 AM
    I've been here for a while, and quite honestly I have trouble keeping up with the Z10 forum. There is A LOT of activity in here, and yes, we see duplicate threads.

Were there a dedicated moderator just for this subforum, I would hope for more thread merges. But I just deal with it, and I personally find the intensity of the activity in here rather gratifying.

It's nice to know so many people are talking about the new Z - good, bad, or indifferent. And with any luck the true spirit of the CrackBerry community will shine through. There are tons of very knowledgeable and very helpful contributors around here. I truly hope newcomers aren't put off by a few snarky comments - although I wish folks would tone down some of the condescension, because it most certainly is there too.
    05-09-13 10:32 AM
    If I see a respectful question about a problem, I will be respectful... but I admit it's really hard to be respectful when new users come on with high expectations that aren't met (where if they had done their "homework" there would have seen on CrackBerry.com a lot of chatter about the launch-era issues that BB10 WILL have) but they forgot to take the time to calm down after experiencing something frustrating and respectfully asking questions and perhaps the reply would be "No, it's different than Android and iOS, it works like this..." or "yes, that's a known issue that has been reported to BlackBerry [link to thread discussing issue]".

But if you come on BlackBerry screaming and whining that your Z10 is "a huge disappointment" or "not ready for prime time" or something similar, expect what you get. No apologies here, even though I'm not inclined to respond to negative, angry, and often unreasonable posts. Expecting help and respect while giving nothing but bile and anger is kind-of unreasonable.

And I second the notion to report hostile responses to reasonable commentary about issues... but posters, do your home work and see if your complaints have already been posted by another user. Then, all you have to do is post "Yes, I have experienced this too."

What, you can't be bothered to read all the OTHER whiny angry posts? Well, now you know how WE feel, seeing them day after day, the same stuff repeated over and over. Arg.
    jdhooghe likes this.
    05-09-13 10:41 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry Noobies
    Attached Thumbnails Condescending crackberry forum for z10-images.jpg   Condescending crackberry forum for z10-images-1-.jpg  
    05-09-13 10:44 AM
30 12