Why is it that I read new z10 users saying "Yeah but that doesn't happen with I phones " or "my iphone never rebooted "

These comparisons are not valid for a variety of reasons. However if we wanna compare....lets see how BB built a better phone than the Iphone5 while launching it only a few months after Apple. Where's Apples swipe text? Stuck in 2009? Removable battery? NFC? HDMI? True multitasking? Just not there. If you're going to make comparisons, realize that all phones have room for improvements. The Z10 in my opinion is an amazing phone a solid 9/10 that only will help the development of all smartphone makers. Why does Apple still use a home button? They thought that was the best option....now we all know it's far from productive and we will see changes. Truth is, competition brings better quality products, which will still have a few issues...get over it, did you expect perfection? Are you looking for flaws or just making observations?

Telling us what year it is and that it's a similar phone to others is nonsense. Every phone is built a little better than the next, hence new issues arise. Do you know why the first iphone didn't have Hub issues?? Because there wasn't a hub. My point is, even though they do "Similar " things doesn't mean they won't encounter new problems when new features are added...simple as that.

Posted via Naked BlackBerry Z10
    SDTRMG, R Field, almyty and 1 others like this.
    04-19-13 09:51 PM
    That's a valid point of view, I think at the end of the day though everyone is going to have their own personal preference. I agree that Apple screwed up by sticking with a home button, I wonder if/what/when they would replace it and if it would resemble Bb10.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 09:57 PM
    Yeah I expect a few big changes from Apple. Trust me I know that the iphone made every phone better, they made good products.

Posted via Naked BlackBerry Z10
    cman5 likes this.
    04-19-13 10:09 PM
    I think people forget the first iPhone had very little to it beyond a YouTube application and the ipod application. It has taken a while for the OS to mature and get the functionality it has now. Oh and some of the bugs and glitches were mental in the early days.

The only thing that really upsets me about the z10 is the inbuilt music player is pants. But I have my ipod touch to fill that gap and I am happy with that. But I am not going to go on a long winded rant on it.

Things will be fixed. Much like it does on any OS it takes time to get the kinks out of it.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 10:12 PM
    If the person came from a iphone, how is it not a resonable comparison. You're going to compare any new phone you have to what you had previously had. No matter how good a phone is, its hard to enjoy it is someone is constantly experiencing re-boots. Also keep in mind that saying BB built a better phone is simply your opinion. There is a group of people who switched back to legacy devices because the Z10 is missing many features older BB's had and many more people still chose iphones and androids over BB's.

Like the poster above said...everyone has their own preferences
    cman5 likes this.
    04-19-13 10:18 PM
    I think people forget the first iPhone had very little to it beyond a YouTube application and the ipod application. It has taken a while for the OS to mature and get the functionality it has now. Oh and some of the bugs and glitches were mental in the early days.

The only thing that really upsets me about the z10 is the inbuilt music player is pants. But I have my ipod touch to fill that gap and I am happy with that. But I am not going to go on a long winded rant on it.

Things will be fixed. Much like it does on any OS it takes time to get the kinks out of it.

Posted via CB10
    What don't you like about the music player? I think it's very good... and btw nice comparison

BB10 FTW!

Posted with mah Z10!
    04-19-13 10:25 PM
    If the person came from a iphone, how is it not a resonable comparison. You're going to compare any new phone you have to what you had previously had. No matter how good a phone is, its hard to enjoy it is someone is constantly experiencing re-boots. Al keep in mind that saying BB built a better phone is simply your opinion. There are a group of people who switched back to legacy devices because the Z10 is missing many features older BB's had and many more people still chose iphones and androids over BB's.

It is personal preference. And it is human nature to compare anything to everything else. We are all biased towards what we perceive as been the best option.

Thing is I understand if people are having issues that they get frustrated. But ranting about it on forums doesn't usually generate anything worthwhile and usually end up in silly flame wars.

Personally I have had none of the random reboot issues with my Z10. And everything else could be considered a niggle or minor irritation at worst. I have had far worse experiences with the iPhone and HTC one X than I have with this.

But that's my experience.

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG likes this.
    04-19-13 10:26 PM
    I own the iPhone 5. Apps and web browser freeze all the time. Wifi connectivity is really poor and extremely frustrating. Will be buying a Q10 or Z10 shortly.
    SDTRMG and R Field like this.
    04-19-13 10:29 PM
    What don't you like about the music player? I think it's very good... and btw nice comparison

BB10 FTW!

Posted with mah Z10!
    I think it's just a preference thing. I have owned Sony walkmen and ipod's in the past. I have never been fond of the inbuilt players on any blackberry device. They just didn't seem to pop for me if you catch my drift. Hard to explain. It just didn't feel right.

That might change as the OS matures.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 10:29 PM
    I think it's just a preference thing. I have owned Sony walkmen and ipod's in the past. I have never been fond of the inbuilt players on any blackberry device. They just didn't seem to pop for me if you catch my drift. Hard to explain. It just didn't feel right.

That might change as the OS matures.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah I used to take my iPod everywhere too, but now instead of the iPod I carry my bose headphones on the other pocket, I love the music player, find it extremely awesome the ability to take a look at the list of next songs when you shuffle

Posted with mah Z10!
    04-19-13 10:38 PM
    +10. It's a personal thing. The Z10 is a much better phone. The issue is not the software but how well and how much marketing is done.
    We all know that BlackBerry missed the boat and didn't anticipated well. But really, take a good look at this phone. Is like comparing a Porsche to a Lexus. Both are nice cars with different drivers. Your choice.

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG likes this.
    04-19-13 10:41 PM
    Yeah I used to take my iPod everywhere too, but now instead of the iPod I carry my bose headphones on the other pocket, I love the music player, find it extremely awesome the ability to take a look at the list of next songs when you shuffle

Posted with mah Z10!
    The other thing is I like to keep games and media separate from my phone that generally I like to do more productivity and connectivity with.

Personal preference lol

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 10:42 PM
    Z10 alone wins on the hub and the gestures, multitasking is just icing on the cake.

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG likes this.
    04-19-13 10:51 PM
    If the person came from a iphone, how is it not a resonable comparison. You're going to compare any new phone you have to what you had previously had. No matter how good a phone is, its hard to enjoy it is someone is constantly experiencing re-boots. Also keep in mind that saying BB built a better phone is simply your opinion. There is a group of people who switched back to legacy devices because the Z10 is missing many features older BB's had and many more people still chose iphones and androids over BB's.

I switched from the iPhone 5 to the BlackBerry, and won't swith back. Android sell a lot because they have cheap and free devices people get for free, most people with an android phones don't even know it runs android ( not all). Also iPhone has a following very cult like so they will sell phones. BlackBerry hasn't released any new hardware since 2011 so of course androids ( with over 100 oems) and apple sell more and have been the choice for a while.

His statement is very valid, it's personal preference but the z10 out features the iPhone, the only thing going for ios right now is the cloud (which I now use with my z10) and apps, which is why most people stay.

And also the iPhone is missing many features the old bbos had so how's what your saying valid? Lol

The op said every os is missing things or has glitches or hicups every now and then. None is perfect.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 11:05 PM
    The thing is, the iphone has a whole list of problems, including random reboots, apps freezing, apps not loading, battery draining, excessive data consumption. These issues are not exclusive to BlackBerry, or to any manufacturer.

If anyone tells you otherwise, they're lying. Go read some apple forums and see all the problems they have. The same with Android and windows.

Posted via CB10 from my Zed
    SDTRMG and R Field like this.
    04-19-13 11:47 PM
    I switched from the iPhone 5 to the BlackBerry, and won't swith back. Android sell a lot because they have cheap and free devices people get for free, most people with an android phones don't even know it runs android ( not all). Also iPhone has a following very cult like so they will sell phones. BlackBerry hasn't released any new hardware since 2011 so of course androids ( with over 100 oems) and apple sell more and have been the choice for a while.

His statement is very valid, it's personal preference but the z10 out features the iPhone, the only thing going for ios right now is the cloud (which I now use with my z10) and apps, which is why most people stay.

And also the iPhone is missing many features the old bbos had so how's what your saying valid? Lol

The op said every os is missing things or has glitches or hicups every now and then. None is perfect.

Posted via CB10
    Im not disagreeing with you...its just the OP made it seem like people who have switched from a iPhone can't/shouldn't compare it to the Z10. You're always gonna compare a new device to what you had before. Like you said no device is perfect and people saying that their iPhone never re-booted while their Z10 does more often may be what they're actually experiencing. For some people, the iphone5 will be a better choice for them and the OP shouldn't get upset at it. BB10 is a great start and will mature...and hopefully it will be more attractive for others later
    04-20-13 04:53 PM