Has anyone dowloaded Comapnion Link and tried this to synch with Microsoft Outlook 2010?

If so let me know if it works....and if it does work how stupid is Blackberry not to include this themselves in Blackberry Link?
    02-06-13 08:10 PM
    I think this program solves the issue but would like to hear from someone who has actually used it.
    02-07-13 05:36 AM
    It is hard to believe they do not have the equal to their DTM from their older devices. I know BB10 is different but the same user needs are still there. They have had years to work this out
    02-07-13 06:31 AM
    I have used Companionlink products in the past with good success. Their support is awesome.

I don't think I would opt for this solution. I believe it will sync Outlook 2010 and older but it does so with Deja Office for Android - so it does NOT sync with native contacts and calendar. This is how it works on the Playbook. Deal breaker for me.
    02-07-13 07:11 AM
    Their app is waiting approval for BB World. They have a 14 day trial, so definitely worth checking out once it's here.

I believe that once approved, it will sync your Outlook content into their Deja Office app. This means that contacts, calendar, etc won't be added to the native BB10 calendar and contacts apps. However, CompanionLink says on their site they will have Hub integration by May 2013. I'm not 100% sure what this means, but it could bring calendar items into the Hub, as well as hopefully contact info when composing emails, etc.

If anyone knows another solution, please post! So far, this is looking like the best way so far.
    02-07-13 07:59 AM
    Here is the actual description from Companion Link's site:

Sync BB10 with Outlook
    Supports standalone Outlook. Choose from USB or Wireless sync.

Outlook contacts, calendar, tasks, notes, journal
    Categories with colors
    Choose USB, Wi-Fi, or DejaCloud sync
    No Exchange Server required
    Install on up to 3 PCs

Availability: Direct CompanionLink Sync will be available when our DejaOffice app is approved in the BlackBerry World app store. This approval is pending. Please bookmark this page as we will change this notice as soon as our app gets approved. Until then, CompanionLink can be used to synchronize to any Google account, which will connect to BlackBerry 10 devices.

Direct Sync with Blackberry Hub: Support for BlackBerry Hub Contacts and Hub Calendar can currently be done by synchronizing through a Google account. We are developing a direct link that will not require Google, and plan to release it by May 2013. Support for BB10 Native Contacts and Calendar is expected to be released by May 2013 and will be a free upgrade when it is available.
    02-07-13 08:08 AM
    I can answer this:

The post is correct, we are waiting for DejaOffice approval for the download. This is a ported Android App. As such, it is NOT "Hub" compatible. Mostly, the hub code is new enough that we haven't had time to engineer a desktop sync solution for it yet.

DejaOffice contains Standalone Contacts and Calendar. It differs from the Hub in that our model is PC-Style, so you'll see colored categories, sort by "File As", group by Company, recurring tasks, schedules with attendee lists, and things you associate with Outlook, Lotus Notes, ACT! and our other supported platforms.

When Approved, we expect DejaOffice will be compatible with our PC products for USB, Wi-Fi and DejaCloud sync. DejaCloud is our proprietary online sync method (i.e. Not ActiveSync or SyncML). Given the challenges of BB10, we are going to extend DejaCloud to be a CardDAV and CalDAV server. In that way you can connect Hub to it. So all our customers who go from Outlook to Cloud, and then to BB10 will see their full contacts in DejaOffice, and the Hub portion of their contacts in BlackBerry Hub. If you make a change in a contact in the hub, you will see that change within a few minutes in both Outlook at your office, and also DejaOffice on your phone. It is not quite the same as an onboard connection, but we hope to get the entire connection within a minute or two.

I hope this addresses some concerns, and clarifies matters. I greatly apologize for the delay in getting our app approved in BlackBerry world. We just didn't expect this type of delay, and we hope the approval comes through soon.

Wayland Bruns, CTO
    CompanionLink Software, Inc.
    companionlink and EsJayDee like this.
    02-07-13 03:13 PM
    So is DejaOffice a full-fledged productivity suite, or is it more like Palm Desktop (but on the device) which is a repository for contacts/calendars meant for limited data entry?

If all you use is desktop Outlook and the native BB PIM apps (contacts/calendar/memos/Remember) do you still have to keep going back to DejaOffice to manage that data? Or is it intended (in May) to just act as a bridge between Outlook/Exchange on the desktop and the native BB10 apps?

Because people can already just link to a hosted Exchange solution in BB10 (via Exchange ActiveSync) without the need for any 3rd-party tools.
    02-07-13 05:40 PM
    works but only with google right now. the dejaoffice APP isn't' available in BB world, yet companion says it's there???
    02-10-13 10:33 AM
    Solution is very simple. Forget the Blackberry they are done and missed the boat. Go to either an Iphone or the Samsun S 3 or soon the amazing S4. If a company like BB forgets or ignores the number 1 email system then you know how dumb they are
    02-20-13 08:01 AM
    Solution is very simple. Forget the Blackberry they are done and missed the boat. Go to either an Iphone or the Samsun S 3 or soon the amazing S4. If a company like BB forgets or ignores the number 1 email system then you know how dumb they are
    Obvious 1-post troll is obvious.
    der_mit likes this.
    02-20-13 11:45 PM
    All I know is that I have tried for two weeks to get Deja Hub to sync the contacts downloaded into Deja Office with the BB address book. It worked once but updating changes in Deja Office into BB is impossible - 2 days later and it is still synching. Customer service has been weak at best. This is not the old Companion Link I have been used to. I have used their product for 10 years and never an issue. Either I am missing something or Deja Hub was not a product ready to be released.
    06-22-13 05:55 AM
    Have been reading all posts regarding Blackberry 10 OS and synching to Outlook via Deja Office's BB10 Hub. Would greatly appreciate any feedback regarding new Q10 synching on VISTA business (32 bit) and Outlook 2007. I had read that the current Desktop Manager type of software with the new bb os was crashing PC's right and left. Feel that the CompanionLink scenario is my "last chance" to use the Q10 and all my Oulook information. Parish the thought that I have to move on to another type of phone since I just don't work well with virtual keyboards. Many thanks in advance!
    10-13-13 03:14 PM
    I am using a z10 and outlook 2007. I set up a live account, downloaded the outlook connector add on to outlook and everything syncs that way. I do remember having to sync outlook with that account the first time but now it syncs automatically and I sont have to even use the live account or even log into it
    I went to a new laptop so it made sense for me to do this. In retrospect I could have just used my existing email account as it syncs via the connector as well. Hope this helps!

Posted via CB10
    huntress674 likes this.
    10-13-13 03:55 PM
    Have been reading all posts regarding Blackberry 10 OS and synching to Outlook via Deja Office's BB10 Hub. Would greatly appreciate any feedback regarding new Q10 synching on VISTA business (32 bit) and Outlook 2007. I had read that the current Desktop Manager type of software with the new bb os was crashing PC's right and left. Feel that the CompanionLink scenario is my "last chance" to use the Q10 and all my Oulook information. Parish the thought that I have to move on to another type of phone since I just don't work well with virtual keyboards. Many thanks in advance!
    I should add that my e-mail is pulled into my locally installed Outlook so my tasks and calendar are local, as well so I do need to synch directly with that local desktop Outlook with the Q10. TY!
    10-13-13 06:37 PM
    I had read that the current Desktop Manager type of software with the new bb os was crashing PC's right and left.

Most of the crashing / blue-screen issues with BlackBerry Link have been due to a Windows 8 bug.

If you're using Vista you wouldn't have that particular issue.
    10-14-13 09:03 AM
    Since some weeks I am testing CompanionLink Pro with my Blackberry Z10.
    I sync my Outlook 2007 (on my private PC) and my Outlook 2010 (on my Office PC) with my Z10.
    I use sync over USB.

The first tests I have done with sync to Deja Office.
    This was relatively complicated and Deja Office was relatively unresponsive compared to the original Blackberry Apps (Calendar, Contacts & Remember).
    That's why I uninstalled Deja Office from my Z10 and chose to sync with DejaHub. This sync procedure is much easier. The sync is done directly with the Blackberry Apps.
    Contacts & calendar sync is Ok.
    But I have problems to sync Tasks.
    Very often (but not always and not always for all tasks), the sync changes the Due date of my tasks to D - 1 day.
    I have contacted CompanionLink Support on 15 May 2014 and then on 22th via their Online form and then many times via E-mail.
    Until now I got 2 feedback by E-mail (on 22 May and 23 May) but this didn't help to solve my problem.
    I have tried many options available a.o. in the Options menu of Companionlink Pro. Until now I didn't find a solution which works reliably.
    Only the Due date (and the last modification date) is changed. The Reminder Date is not changed. I have now many tasks where the Reminder date is after the Due date.
    I normally do the changes with Outlook and sync to the Smartphone via CompanionLink.
    I sync my Outlook at home and in the office by copying the Outlook .PST file with an USB disk.

Has anybody a solution for my task sync problem ?
    Unfortunately Blackberry link doesn't sync tasks.

Regards
    Guy
    05-27-14 09:55 AM