....To clarify, My u/n is Drayk...formerly berryjunkie. MN thought it necessary to have 1 unified u/n....

Anyway....I was a BB user/supporter/fanatic for years. I did not come here to bash any platform.......so please, no flaming
    I've been a Galaxy S3 owner for about 6 months and really love it. I seriously love every aspect of it EXCEPT email. The gmail "experience" on a droid sux....
    All I can say is this: I was loyal to RIM for years, and would go back if BB10 gave me what my GS3 does....if for no other reason than for the email & txt functionality.

So RIM....WHERE IS THE MARKETING for BB10....you are less than a month from dropping a BB never seen, and Joe Lunchbox has no idea.
    How is the "everyday consumer" going to think a BB is "cooler" than XX4, XX5, etc...if they don't even know it's coming. I still mention my love for BB's to "normal"ppl and they say BB is dead...old fasioned....behind the times....and have no idea RIM is days away from BB10.
    I have seen "other devices" pimped long before release date. I just don't get it. I love RIM....I wanna love BB once again. With all the other "options" out there, I'm seriously worried about RIM. Forget device specs....it's been proven specs are secondary to software/hardware working in unison together.
    As I mentioned, all things being equal, I would go back to RIM/BB in a second. Personally, I don't care how much it's "pimped" but RIM/BB loyalists alone will not fend off the "REEPER". The lack of exposure makes me think: It may drop 1/31/2013 but wont be available for quite some time.
    Please RIM....get serious.....if BB10 is indeed "the next big thing", let the public in on it.
    magutwit and MTL like this.
    01-04-13 09:01 AM
    No point marketing until there's something to market. None whatsoever.
    01-04-13 09:02 AM
    Well the devices are being announced at the end of January... So I wouldn't expect marketing for at least a couple weeks. Phones won't go on sale that day, so they have some time. There seems to be 2 opinions on this anyway. Most say you should advertise right before release rather than hyping the new product and not having it available for months
    Creaulx and anon(3896606) like this.
    01-04-13 09:05 AM
    Drayk, part of RIM's strategy is to come out with a big splash, something that shows a complete break from the past. At this point, anything they'd have to show would spoil the launch.

As far as that goes, I don't think their strategy is so much winning new users so much as retaining a vital core of the current ones, both consumer and enterprise. Those core enthusiasts will take the initial phones and show them off to the larger world out there.

RIM is actually already doing quite a bit of promotion. They're working to get developers on board and carriers offering the product. On January 30 the rest of the world will see what they have in mind, and in short order the market will be able to decide for itself.
    Knightcrawler and Cappyshirt like this.
    01-04-13 09:08 AM
    I would say to you: patience! January 30, 2013 is RIM's big announcement. Guess what happens just a few days later on Sunday, February 3? That's right - the Super Bowl.

I would think that *some* of their marketing budget would be geared for that day, but I'm also sure that we'll be hearing about it soon before the 30th as well
    01-04-13 09:09 AM
    One thing I would say is that I very much doubt the leaks and hints that the media have spotted and in some cases lapped up recently are accidental. Apple are masters of this kind of thing.
    01-04-13 09:15 AM
    Possibly a week before the launch day. There we'll see the mass media marketing campaign begin
    01-04-13 09:18 AM
    RIM really can't market what hasn't been announced and they may also be working with carriers (US especially) on joint marketing to get the products announced. Time will tell how well the launch really go's.
    01-04-13 09:18 AM
    Yeah, you can only market "so much" when you can't actually show the devices, etc.

Remember... RIM is still trying to sell as many BB7 phones as possible right up until the day BB10 ships. There has been BlackBerry 10 marketing to date... but you're seeing a lot of it online (banner ads, newsletters from RIM, twitter, facebook, etc.) which is targeting more of the early adopters/influencers/etc.

It's keeping people like us interested.

Once January 30th hits, things will go BOOM and the marketing will begin in a big way.
    01-04-13 09:20 AM
    Would be a strange way to market anyting.... I cannot remeber too many direct marketing campaigns where a product is promoted directly by a company where the product has not been released.... If you take Apple as an example... sure they have some "leaks" prior to a product launch,,, something I think RIM is doing now..... given RIM reputation right now.. a pre pormotional without much deltails would in all likelyhood danage the company further... it would allow those rooting for RIMs demise more ammo to fire at them.... Seems to me the bigger the spash at the launch a good follow up in marketing may just may make RIM relivant in the north american ....
    01-04-13 09:39 AM
    he
    Yeah, you can only market "so much" when you can't actually show the devices, etc.

Remember... RIM is still trying to sell as many BB7 phones as possible right up until the day BB10 ships. There has been BlackBerry 10 marketing to date... but you're seeing a lot of it online (banner ads, newsletters from RIM, twitter, facebook, etc.) which is targeting more of the early adopters/influencers/etc.

It's keeping people like us interested.

Once January 30th hits, things will go BOOM and the marketing will begin in a big way.
    Yeah.....I'm down.
    I just SO BAD want my BB email/txt UI back.......I want my BB back. I'm not a "latest & greatest" fan.....I'm a "what works best for me" fan. The BB email/txt UI was a vital part of my everyday business & personal life that I just couldn't let go......then I finally did. I absolutely LOVE what I use now except for the email & txt apps. I HATE THEM. I find virtually everything else awesome.
    RIM.....please bring me back....I wanna come home
    rdv06405 and magutwit like this.
    01-04-13 09:51 AM
    I understand how you feel, but don't understand how it relates to RIM's marketing when you are already aware of BB10.
    01-04-13 10:14 AM
    I understand how you feel, but don't understand how it relates to RIM's marketing when you are already aware of BB10.
    I am aware...but the public is not. I want RIM to be successful.
    I get why it's not being done at this time. I suppose I was venting, more than anything.
    01-04-13 10:19 AM
    I knwo what you mean! RIM should have more commercials on BB10 like the software stuff so the public can get s nice glimps of it and says' oh wow thats cool" my iphone/S3 doesntnhave that. All in all we'll be seeing some great marketing when they announce it.
    01-04-13 12:01 PM
    I'd say next week at CES something is going to be revealed.
    01-04-13 12:21 PM
    he

Yeah.....I'm down.
    I just SO BAD want my BB email/txt UI back.......I want my BB back. I'm not a "latest & greatest" fan.....I'm a "what works best for me" fan. The BB email/txt UI was a vital part of my everyday business & personal life that I just couldn't let go......then I finally did. I absolutely LOVE what I use now except for the email & txt apps. I HATE THEM. I find virtually everything else awesome.
    RIM.....please bring me back....I wanna come home
    I'm sure that you will be happy when you see the hub and truly rich html format for your email. Though, it gives more data connection absorbed.

Truly, I will miss BIS at Blackberry 10 if it doesn't have it.
    01-04-13 09:16 PM
    I'm sure that you will be happy when you see the hub and truly rich html format for your email. Though, it gives more data connection absorbed.

Truly, I will miss BIS at Blackberry 10 if it doesn't have it.
    BIS will be available for BB10. How it will be offered is yet to be determined but it will be there.
    01-05-13 12:53 AM
    Think about it from the consumer side ...
    "This phone looks cool, where can I get one? Oh, I can't get one yet..." ADD kicks in... distracted by next shiny object...
    01-05-13 01:10 AM
    I'd say next week at CES something is going to be revealed.
    I believe RIM is skipping out on CES. I couldn't find their name on the vendors list. And it makes sense. No point showing up when you've set your ULTIMATE launch date for Jan 30 which is just in 4 weeks.
    01-05-13 11:07 AM
    No point marketing until there's something to market. None whatsoever.
    This.
    01-05-13 03:23 PM
    I am aware...but the public is not.
    Let's not make this assumption
    01-05-13 03:25 PM