Something I stumbled upon quite accidentally.

We know that in the calendar app every appointment shows in a different colour provided it is associated with a unique email account. Now I wanted to make my meetings with different clients show in different colours even though they are associated with the same work email account. To do this all you need to do is create an "empty" BBM group (with no members except the Admin - yourself) and this BBM group will start showing in your calendar as a "group calendar ". So when you create an appointment, in the calendar drop down you will find an option to save it as that particular BBM group calendar. Ofcourse you name that BBM group as "client name" and assign a specific color to it and voila you have a fully color coded calendar.

And now with a quick glance I can see how much time am I giving to which client (or family - as I have created a family group in BBM too) in any month. Just be aware that if there are members in the group you create, your calendar is shared and visible to all of them.

Ofcourse this is limited to the 20 odd colors available in calendar colours but trust me you will find it difficult to remember which color means which client with more than 5-6 colours. I have created 6 such color codes (BBM groups) like Client1, Client2, Family etc. Beyond which the colours start getting indiscernible.
    FF22 and pvphooman like this.
    02-28-14 03:01 PM
    Thank you for this step by step information!! Very handy! I would have never thought to do that but I can see how useful it would be for people who multiple clients and the need to see at a glance which is which!
    02-28-14 04:06 PM
    Thanks for sharing that info. There was just a thread on this subject either in the main or app subforums for the bb10 devices. So that is an interesting work-around.

And WELCOME to Crackberry.
    02-28-14 04:08 PM
    It was pure serendipity...

There are many such gems in the BB10 OS which somehow are undocumented - and hidden. Waiting to be discovered to make life flow smoothly... I think if one of the admins create a Blog / Structured Post where all these aspects are categorized as per subject and put all these discovered features / work around's into it - would be a super place for everyone to learn from each other.
    FF22 likes this.
    02-28-14 09:59 PM
    Excellent workaround... will have to give it a try

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 10:18 AM
    It works nicely.
    It would be nice if I was able to search and have a list of all related items as in an agenda view, but it's a start

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 11:23 AM
    Color code for emails not working any solution

Posted via CB10
    03-04-14 10:04 PM