Hi all,
    I just joined Crackberry a few minutes ago. Being an apple loyalist since the original iPhone, i am now contemplating to jump ship to Blackberry, ending the iPhone phase.
    I have owned every model of iPhone since inception, and when i tried out the Z10, in a few minutes, i knew i was going to buy it. Damn, the OS is a breath of fresh air. Not sure how i will feel about this decision in the future

However coming to the point of this thread, i think the white Z10 is really a HOT looker. The problem is the BB stores in my Province do not have a white Z10 on display, so i can check for myself Only sealed packages. So i have the following concerns:

1. The white Z10's battery door, is supposedly made of a different material than that of the black one. Is this some glossy plastic ? because it would get easily scratched and This means an instant NO for me.

2. The white parts on the front and sides of the phone, is it made of that slightly-rubbery-plastic-material(e.g, Sony Ericsson Xperia Sola White). which may get stained of sweat/jeans in the long run ? This would also be an instant NO for me.

For this reason i would consider buying the black, which isnt too shabby at all. But then i dont want to spend a huge deal of money(42,000 INR India) to get a phone, outside of my color choice! Please advice.

Looking forward to getting into the BB world. Any advice would be appreciated.
    04-11-13 09:07 AM
    It's a matter of personal preference. Go into a store and see if you can check out both.

I repair laser printers all day long. So white is a no go in all aspect (phone, laptop, tablet, shirt... etc)

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 09:16 AM
    It's semi glossy, but not glossy and dimpled. Same as black backing, except black is slightly rubberized) this is hard plastic)

White is some coating, not rubbery though, over white (I only know this bc of a case messing up the coating on my original z10, see image below). I currently have mine in the red case below and haven't had any discoloration to top bottom, but I baby it too.
    Cnfusion choosing  between black/white Z10, please advice-img_00000294.jpg
    Cnfusion choosing  between black/white Z10, please advice-img_00000188.png
    Cnfusion choosing  between black/white Z10, please advice-img_00000189.png
    Cnfusion choosing  between black/white Z10, please advice-img_00000183.png

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    rkeerti and cman5 like this.
    04-11-13 09:18 AM
    I should say the "Gloss" is only on the rounded edges - otherwise, only areas appearing glossy are inside dimples (and that's a pic just of back plate I took off now to show you)

Also, coating isn't soft or anything. I just had a really hard "Protective" case that had raised plastic seams in it and marked up scratched up phone-- otherwise, you'd never know it wasn't just a hard white plastic.

04-11-13 09:22 AM
    So for feel, feels exactly the same as the black one all over (except no rubberized back - - some people think that makes this one more slippery, but I find it's not bc of the texturing.

bbfan1040 likes this.
    04-11-13 09:23 AM
    Zoomed in
    Cnfusion choosing  between black/white Z10, please advice-img_00000295.png

rkeerti likes this.
    04-11-13 09:25 AM
    Hi Bermie2000,
    From the picture of the back panel, is it just me or is there some discoloration ?
    Also is the material on the front susceptible to getting impressions/dents from cases ?

oh, and thanks for the Extremely speedy response!!
    04-11-13 09:29 AM
    Zoomed in
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000295.png 
Views:	975 
Size:	368.9 KB 
ID:	150215

Hi Bermie2000,
    From the picture of the back panel, is it just me or is there some discoloration ?
    Also is the material on the front susceptible to getting impressions/dents from cases ?

oh, and thanks for the Extremely speedy response, and taking pains for clicking pics just to show me. Your courtesy is much appreciated!
    04-11-13 09:37 AM
    Hi Bermie2000,

oh, and thanks for the Extremely speedy response!!
    No discoloration in the back panel- it's probably just the light in the picture.

I don't think the material is "Easy" to dent or mar (black and white are the same material, I thi k, other than back plate). BUT the white is apparently slightly (under a mm both ways) wider and longer than the black. Normally, this wouldn't make much of a difference, but I had bought (originally) an extremely hard and tight-fitting case, which was also unfortunately manufactured incorrectly and had exposed hard plastic seams on ends, which, due to the pressure of them on phone overnight, ended up making those marks on my old phone. (see seam at curved edges in pic below). However, others with the same case haven't had issues (may have just gotten a poorly made one) and or it was due to a size difference. The red one I have on it in the picture is also a hard case and doesn't have any of these issues. (I don't know how to link another thread in the crackberry app, but if ill you search z10 cases and nillkin, you can probably find the one I'd posted about this bad case I had).
    Cnfusion choosing  between black/white Z10, please advice-img_00000193.png

rkeerti likes this.
    04-11-13 09:40 AM
    No discoloration in the back panel- it's probably just the light in the picture.

I don't think the material is "Easy" to dent or mar (black and white are the same material, I thi k, other than back plate). BUT the white is apparently slightly (under a mm both ways) wider and longer than the black. Normally, this wouldn't make much of a difference, but I had bought (originally) an extremely hard and tight-fitting case, which was also unfortunately manufactured incorrectly and had exposed hard plastic seams on ends, which, due to the pressure of them on phone overnight, ended up making those marks on my old phone. (see seam at curved edges in pic below). However, others with the same case haven't had issues (may have just gotten a poorly made one) and or it was due to a size difference. The red one I have on it in the picture is also a hard case and doesn't have any of these issues. (I don't know how to link another thread in the crackberry app, but if ill you search z10 cases and nillkin, you can probably find the one I'd posted about this bad case I had).

whoa!! The white one is wider and longer? is it an mm thicker too ?
    i remember this issue from the iphone 4 days
    04-11-13 09:45 AM
    Thanks Bermie2000. For your advice. It was much appreciated.
    04-11-13 10:00 AM
    I only know about the longer / wider bc of a specialty skin company that does precision fit skins - you have to specify if you have the white or black for them, bc app the white is something like 0.21 mm longer and 0.45 mm wider (or vice versa) compared to the black. So, not really noticeable to the naked eye and to the feel, but affects the precision cut of their skins. Thicker isn't mentioned, so probably isn't.

rkeerti likes this.
    04-11-13 10:03 AM
    The white one is amazing, but when my friend bought the black one, I was a bite jealous.... either way, both are a good option.... as far as making the jump, do it, you will like it 10times more, just hang in there with the app situation at the moment, things will get better
    rkeerti likes this.
    04-11-13 10:48 AM
    Have had the white one for almost 2 months. Definitely a looker. Plenty of people are in shock and awe when they go "hey is that the new blackberry". Lol

Asides from occasionally wiping my screen clean I have not once cleaned the body of my white cell. Still white and clean. I use both the belt holster in the day and place it in my pockets at nights. No issues at all.

Cheers
    rkeerti likes this.
    04-11-13 10:58 AM
    The white backing is slippery to me, so a black door on a white Z10 is almost a must for me.
    rkeerti likes this.
    04-11-13 11:00 AM
    But I live in India. The weather here is predominantly hot. Therefore I'm worried whether sweat stains will come on the sides while holdin it constantly .
    04-11-13 11:15 AM
    I can't comment on the Z10 but when I bought my white 9810 I was happy with the look and feel.

White did however become dirty with my active lifestyle and needing to use my phone when ny hands weren't always clean.

Just a little input from a white perspective.

I have ordered a black Z10.
    DawnMills and rkeerti like this.
    04-11-13 11:20 AM
    The black rubbery back is am a amazing. It doesn't slide around in cars and easier to hold. I'd go black if I were you, it's really nice. I wanted white as well but the hardshell back worried me in the long run. Good luck with ur Z10.

Posted via CB10
    rkeerti likes this.
    04-11-13 11:24 AM
    I had the white model, my jeans did not stain it! I know exactly what you mean, this did indeed happen to the greyish white headphones. I recommend you buy the white model and buy an OEM black backdoor and you're set
    rkeerti likes this.
    04-11-13 11:42 AM
    I put a black cover on my white Z10 and love it. Unless I was going to use some sort of shell, the slippery feel of the white battery cover was a non starter for me.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 11:49 AM
    I have the white z10 love it. The backing is different to prevent getting dye onto it. Haven't had problems with it staining and I've had it over a month. You should get the best of both worlds and get a white z10 with black battery door. You can see Kevin's video on the crackberry YouTube channel for the Oreo.

Cnfusion choosing  between black/white Z10, please advice-facebook-20130409-192620.jpg

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    04-11-13 12:11 PM
    Cnfusion choosing  between black/white Z10, please advice-img_4626-1-.jpg

Cocaine white

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 12:27 PM
    [QUOTE=R Field;8298605]I have the white z10 love it. The backing is different to prevent getting dye onto it. Haven't had problems with it staining and I've had it over a month. You should get the best of both worlds and get a white z10 with black battery door. You can see Kevin's video on the crackberry YouTube channel for the Oreo.

How do you get a black battery door without having to buy both phones or having to swap with someone? Can you already order it online?

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 01:37 PM
    Verizon sells them at the moment April but they have the Verizon logo. http://www.etradesupply.com/oem-blac...y-door.htmlYou can get these if you don't want that. I'm sure eventually crackberry or the BlackBerry store will carry them.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    04-11-13 02:34 PM
    Verizon sells them at the moment April but they have the Verizon logo. http://www.etradesupply.com/oem-blac...y-door.htmlYou can get these if you don't want that. I'm sure eventually crackberry or the BlackBerry store will carry them.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    Thanks. I'll go have a lookie

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 03:32 PM
37 12