And in another schizophrenic moment on TWIT, Laporte mocks the look and feel of the Z10 because it looks just like an iPhone (which is good looking right?). Then after they all trash it he ends by saying "but BlackBerry 10 is kind of nice. It's fast. It's snappy".

Lol. So does it all suck or doesn't it? I am confused.
    I think people just like hating on something and kicking something when it is already down. BB is a "fun" target because it is a Dinosaur when it comes to the mobile world and technology. It did take them 2 years to release this so they are not without fault, some of this criticism is well deserved. However, BB10 is a good product, a good operating system and if people gave it a chance, a fair shake, I think most would be pleasantly surprised.

The free market is a jungle though and not always the best product survives. Sometimes it is only the most popular product, or the product with the biggest marketing budget. I sure hope BB doesn't go the way of Palm OS but it's hard to say at this point what will happen. All we can do is support the company by buying the phone and spreading the word that it's a good OS so other people just try it out. If they don't like it so be it but I'm sure some will like it and switch.

The funny thing is IF (and it's a big IF) the Z10 and Q10 sell well then maybe we will see a change in the dynamics of the storyline from a sad loser and has been to the comeback kid. People love cheering for the underdog.
    03-19-13 07:52 PM
    They didn't trash it, they objectively tested it. Sorry guys, BB10 isn't ready for prime time. I know that may hurt some of your Canadian pride but BB is not ready to enter the arena with the big boys.
    BB10 isn't ready to be #1 of course not. BB10 is not going to sell like iPhone or Android of course not. Not going to disagree.

But, they definitely DID trash it, and it wasn't objective at all. Come on!
    03-19-13 07:55 PM
    They didn't trash it, they objectively tested it. Sorry guys, BB10 isn't ready for prime time. I know that may hurt some of your Canadian pride but BB is not ready to enter the arena with the big boys.
    Very very clear that you have never had anything to do with the z10 either. To those people that have, your statement is just plain silly.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-13 08:22 PM
    I'm sorry but there was nothing objective there. They complained about how hard it was to get to the home screen. They easily upload a photo to facebook but instead of praising the sharing options and integration of them into the OS they praise Vodafone. One of them has the map app crash on them the other goes strait to the google website. **** they complained when they used twitter to post an image, citing some difficulty I did not see.

**** they didnt really even test the device, they went on a quick tour of Barcelona. They used a total of 6 apps, camera, facebook, twitter, maps, browser and Remember. And they only used them for seconds each to do simple tasks. No email, no phone, no commentary on the browser or hub or multitasking.

I think it says a lot when the letter they read was from a 10 year old boy claiming to be her biggest fan.

I truely feel that BB10 is fully ready for prime time and is the best OS in my opinion. And thats not just because I'm canadian. I wouldnt be getting a Z10 for my next main device.
    03-19-13 08:40 PM
    I hope that is true. I am a Canadian albeit living in the States. I genuinely want BB to succeed. But until it has more apps which run smoothly I am afraid it will only deepen the attitude of many here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    03-19-13 08:44 PM
    I'm not invested in the z10 financially or emotionally, and yet I too thought the "review" was condescending and glib. They were looking for reasons to mock the device before they even started. Snide comments, an impossible drop test... It was meant to entertain a segment of their viewers, not to convey information.
    03-19-13 10:08 PM
    I'm not invested in the z10 financially or emotionally, and yet I too thought the "review" was condescending and glib. They were looking for reasons to mock the device before they even started. Snide comments, an impossible drop test... It was meant to entertain a segment of their viewers, not to convey information.
    Always good to hear an objective view from someone's who's not either a die-hard fan or someone who's just out to hate on BB...
    03-19-13 10:13 PM
    Brad Molen from Engadget did a better 5-part series on the BlackBerry Z10

Bradberry Articles on Engadget
    This was a very good series. In the end he said the phone wasn't for him but that it was a great phone none the less. Which is fine.

Most of these guys just review see its not apple or Samsung and dismiss it without even trying to learn it. Sheer ignorance they fear what they don't know and refuse to try it. It's one thing to not like something but to go out of your way and make it the **** of every joke is a bit much and glossing over all redeeming qualities.

I remember when Engadget and Bgr used to be the King of trashing BlackBerry . But now they both seem to give objective fair reviews even if it's not completely positive
    That trashing tittle seems to have gone to Cnet and Gizmodo and their readers have noticed and have a distaste for it

With a lot of these reviews they spend like a week with a phone and dismiss it. The Engadget at least he took a whole month to try it and have a full well round opinion. These other quacks don't even try to like the phone they already have their minds made up before touching the phone and shame and belittle any other colleague that dares to say anything positive about it

Posted via CB10
    03-19-13 10:33 PM
    At least they made the effort.
    03-19-13 10:46 PM
    This is so funny as maps needs internet and vodaphone sucks in Europe.
    03-19-13 10:55 PM
    Never seen this "show" before, but these hosts were idiotic. I couldn't make it through the whole thing.
    03-19-13 11:15 PM
    I hope that is true. I am a Canadian albeit living in the States. I genuinely want BB to succeed. But until it has more apps which run smoothly I am afraid it will only deepen the attitude of many here.

looks like you learned to be ignorant and ignore facts while down in the USA...

Posted via CB10
    03-19-13 11:37 PM
    And in another schizophrenic moment on TWIT, Laporte mocks the look and feel of the Z10 because it looks just like an iPhone (which is good looking right?). Then after they all trash it he ends by saying "but BlackBerry 10 is kind of nice. It's fast. It's snappy".

Lol. So does it all suck or doesn't it? I am confused.
    TWIT = Leo Laporte.
    03-19-13 11:39 PM
    It's trendy to bash BlackBerry and love apple. Bunch of hippies if you ask me

Posted via CB10 with my Zed 10
    Net_Surfer likes this.
    03-19-13 11:54 PM
    Brad Molen from Engadget did a better 5-part series on the BlackBerry Z10

Bradberry Articles on Engadget
    Ya, Brad did decent articles, but I wish he continues to use his Z10 after US launch and does another review.
    03-19-13 11:57 PM
    are apps really that big a deal? instagram is just a filter thing and netflix is such a huge bandwidth hog you can use it on cell data anyways.

Blackberry does need to start clamping down on the poor ports though and android apps need to be labeled as such clearly in the app world.
    03-20-13 12:06 AM
    I stopped giving all those linkbait articles my clicks. It's "cool" to bash BlackBerry and they know people will read it, stop reading it and it becomes less relevant.
    03-20-13 12:13 AM
    I stopped giving all those linkbait articles my clicks. It's "cool" to bash BlackBerry and they know people will read it, stop reading it and it becomes less relevant.
    Its not us reading it that is the problem, its the people that are easily convinced by these articles/videos that are lost profits for blackberry...
    03-20-13 10:28 AM
    Saw it. Molly Wood and Jeff Cannata are deeply misinformed and would benefit from many educational e-mails and tweets from CrackBerry Forum members.

Molly Wood
    E-mail: Molly Wood - CNET. Click on �E-mail Molly�
    Twitter: @mollywood

Jeff Cannata
    E-Mail: [email protected]
    Twitter: @jeffcannata
    03-20-13 01:51 PM
    Well.. Also last ast time I have checked Barcelona was still located along the east coast of Spain on the Mediterranean Sea.. Look at the map @ 1:19.. They do not even know where the city is... This people is REALLY Dumb.. Maybe they should stick to the "home button OS", it is definitely more appropriate for them..
    03-21-13 03:19 AM
    are apps really that big a deal? instagram is just a filter thing and netflix is such a huge bandwidth hog you can use it on cell data anyways. <br />
    <br />
    Blackberry does need to start clamping down on the poor ports though and android apps need to be labeled as such clearly in the app world.

Yes apps are really that big of a deal.
    03-22-13 12:23 PM
    lol, objectively tested it? They blamed the network issue on BlackBerry Maps. They later said it might have been an issue with Vodaphone, but still said BlackBerry's phone was lacking, wtf?
    They didn't get that they were using timeshift mode on the camera.. Anyone who takes 2 minutes to read the instructions manual would know this. But hey, they're techies so why bother reading instructions. We'll just f%^K around with the phone and not know whats going on.
    They also didn't show any of the features of the BlackBerry phone and was ripping it the whole time. That was no a road test, that was a "I hate BlackBerry" ad.
    John Pawling and vulfadli like this.
    04-15-13 12:50 AM
    The Zed 10 is a great phone. People are just spec crazy right now.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    04-15-13 04:06 AM
    Being a great smart phone means having great apps. Period. I have had the phone and like it, but it is handicapped by the lack of apps. Again, not ready for prime time.

04-15-13 05:54 AM
    Screw their opinion, the Z10 is a absolute, unique marvel of a phone.
    Even if there is a phone, that everyone hates, in the end, its your opinion that matters, only.
    04-15-13 07:03 AM
52 123