I Like CNET and Molly Wood. But I was disappointed in her observations of the Z10 while on a road trip in Barcelona.
    BlackBerry Z10 vs BlackBerry Z10 | CNET TV | Video Product Reviews, CNET Podcasts, Tech Shows, Live CNET Video
    It seems the only thing about the phone she and her co-host liked was the camera burst mode. Then the proceeded to torcher test the phone, Yikes!
    Last edited by giggabotch; 03-19-13 at 02:52 PM. Reason: spelling
    03-19-13 02:51 PM
    Yeah, I just finished watching that mess too. And then to throw it off a concrete stairway...these people are shameless.
    They couldn't figure out nfc and struggled with maps.
    Yikes! And they're considered tech savvy.
    I do agree with the twitter app, it sucks.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-13 02:57 PM
    There will always be people who don't like the things that you like or whose experiences with things differ from yours. Don't worry about it
    03-19-13 03:04 PM
    Brad Molen from Engadget did a better 5-part series on the BlackBerry Z10

Bradberry Articles on Engadget
    03-19-13 03:07 PM
    Yeah, there's always going to be reviewers not liking a device or being biased to a certain OS, can't help that, it's all about personal preference. I love my Z10, it does everything i expect it to do exceptionally well! On another note, carrier service does help the experience too, indirectly, but it does contribute.
    03-19-13 03:13 PM
    Brad Molen from Engadget did a better 5-part series on the BlackBerry Z10
    Yes, that was an excellent summary. The funny thing is that all of the things that he pointed out have been mentioned here, and people have been stomped on for it (sometimes deservedly so).
    03-19-13 03:16 PM
    yeah she (m wood) was on TWIT Sunday. leo laporte had a z10 and they all had a time talking about how bad it was. joanna stern from abc news was a guest as well. she uses a bold 9900 and they gave her grief over it. she (seemingly ashamed to say it) admitted she loves using the bold.

laporte implies the z10 is the worst smartphone on the market. or at least he did so on windows weekly this passed week.

(yes I watch TWIT a lot).

I get the impression listening to all these folks that they simply don't try to learn the bb10. they expect it to be like ios or android and when it is not they give up and diss it.

oh yeah and nilay patel was on the panel. he actually suggested there is no reason to use a qwerty blackberry when one can get a droid with a keyboard. again, clearly he has not a clue.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    djmm2 and Grinno like this.
    03-19-13 03:46 PM
    You can see the bias radiating off the screen. . .they don't even start the test yet and they begin with trashing it. . .
    03-19-13 03:49 PM
    - Funny how I use my Maps app all the time in Toronto, ON and it has no issues finding anything I want.
    - As for the Twitter app "forcing" them to go into contacts to @ someone in their tweet, I actually prefer this method as I don't know every twitter name of every person I follow, and find this way easier. User preference I suppose.
    - And the NFC file share. You don't need to hold the phones together while its transferring. You only need to hold them long enough to feel the vibration, that signals you that the transfer has started. Also, I'm pretty sure the reason they had 3 and 4 pics sent to each other was partly due to them holding the phones together while transferring and partly due to them trying to share a pic at the same time.
    - Other than that, who really starts a European, or any other vacation, with a brand new OS and doesn't at least spend SOME time getting to know how it works? They had a bad taste for the Z10 right from the beginning and didn't give it a chance to redeem itself, even though it was due to user error.

Oh well. Enjoy your Xperia Z.
    Grinno likes this.
    03-19-13 03:54 PM
    I gave a great review of the BB Z10 on CNET based off my experiences of using the device as my dally driver and coming from the Apple and Android platforms. I laugh at some of the people who trash a product before they even give it a chance, I have shown my new z10 here in the USA to anybody who wants to look at it, touch and play with it and the feedback has been great. I have been a Blackberry ambassador the last two and a half weeks here in the USA promoting the z10.

I think the user experience method will be an effective way of marketing the z10 here in the USA which has become so Apple and Android biased the last few years because of the lack of vision that RIM had, and yes it is RIM's fault for the lost of market share here and it's going to take time to get the customer base back.

I Think the z10 is just the device to do it with, I have been talking to future and former Blackberry users here and this is the device they have been waiting for, only time will tell. Myself, I am in for the long haul and so far, it's going to be a great ride based off what the z10 has delivered so far.
    DJM626, RJMullins, djmm2 and 2 others like this.
    03-19-13 04:05 PM
    This was like throwing 2 infants in a sports car to test drive and review it. If your mental legs can't reach the pedals, don't expect to go anywhere. These people are dumb.

Also, the first thing they said was "Vodafone isn't doing them any favours, this network is sooo slow" then they rag on maps for not searching fast? Uhh... alright. Again... morons.
    Dave Bourque and MERCDROID like this.
    03-19-13 04:11 PM
    Another thing that m wood mentioned on twit was that cnet gives free loaner blackberrys to any employees that travel internationally. Then I thought I heard her say they were good phones just after rolling her eyes about the z10.

These people are mobile schizophrenics. They talk smack but if you pin them down they'll (in a shameful whisper) admit blackberrys strengths.

Sent from my BlackBerry Torch 9850 using Tapatalk
    MERCDROID likes this.
    03-19-13 04:17 PM
    They should just get it over with and change the site name to ANET.

Posted via CB10
    SangreNegra likes this.
    03-19-13 04:18 PM
    The OP has some valid points. I've seen quite a few biased reviews of / against BB10. Some of them are pretty obviously biased in favour of ios or Android.

That's Understandable from a fan site but places like cnet or the verge Should indeed have unbiased reviews but they don't seem to.

They seem to "ommit" quite a few compelling features of the OS. simple example when they review the camera they omit time shift.

NOONE has reviewed screen sharing in BBM. A feature no other platform supports. Surely its a no brainer to include a review of it.

They never mention native support for "box" integration Directly in the OS. And that pics taken on the camera can be automatically uploaded to the cloud "a la" PhotoStream if required.

No one reviews BlackBerry Remember. Even though its the closest thing to a native "local"EverNote. Heck, it even integrates directly with EverNote if you need it to.

I'm obviously a BlackBerry fan. So im probably biased by definition, but those reviewers don't seem to give BBC10 a fair shot.

A Lot of the more balanced reviews have been from smaller sites like Techno buffalo or Mobile tech review (and not because they like BB10. They are quite critical too, but somewhat unbiaswd). Which is refreshing.

All I would say to those big sites is this, "Can you remember what Android 1.0 looked Like?!" BB10 is effectively a 1.0 OS and it's a lot more polished than any previous 1.0 OS before it! That's a fact. (although obviously it's not perfect).

The BlackBerry hub experience is great! Using it for almost 2 months now, I can't imagine handling all the messages I get, text, email, BBM, Facebook, (open)WhatsApp any other way! That's another thing never fully explored by reviewers. The hub experience will definitely come into its own when we have physical keyboard of the Q10.

Further, Android has only just (somewhat) tackled the "Android Lag" with project butter in 4.0 recently. On BB10 scrolling is smooth as ... of a shovel with very little to no lag.

Give BBC10 time, it's a 1.0 OS. It can only get better IMHO.

Just my 2P.

National Rail Times App for BB10 - http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...countrycode=GB
    zyad likes this.
    03-19-13 04:26 PM
    That was certainly a daming review! They couldn't wait to destroy the phone and laughed when it broke. I never saw them drop a phone from such a height onto concrete! I saw them drop an iPhone from about 6 feet! They certainly didn't know how to use the phone & said it was hard to learn. Is it really that hard?
    03-19-13 05:07 PM
    I think cnet is getting money from apple, 3 out of 5 tweets always mention apple or iphone!! Always comparing new smartphones with iphone5, give me a break with crapple.... There is better phones out there.!!

Posted via my White Z10
    rolojr1 and SangreNegra like this.
    03-19-13 05:35 PM
    CNET has been trashing Blackberry long before the phone even came out. They probably are share holders for the competitors and simply want to see BB fail. Seriously, these are the same people who would say it's bad if the Z10 is released late in the USA, then when news of it releasing this month on the 22nd, CNET releases an article stating how an early release is bad. Then they compare the iPhone 5 to the Z10 and even when a lab showed the Z10 has longer talk time on one battery charge, CNET's conclusion is that the iPhone 5 wins the battery test... Seriously, nothing BB can do will make CNET not trash them. That's their mission, this is not a surprise...
    rolojr1 likes this.
    03-19-13 05:44 PM
    Yeah.... some people really shouldnt review phones. .I really couldnt disagree with them more. Also you dont get to drop a phone from a huge height and consider it "failed", especially not after throwing it down the stairs very time.

I especially like when the woman the woman took the screen protector out of the xperia phone's box and said, ooo you can protect it, nerdy.
    03-19-13 06:05 PM
    I can't believe people watch this show? Is it really that popular? Unfortunately, the media isn't what it used to be. Instead of advocating for consumers they do so for corporations. Real, unbiased, and objective journalism hardly exists anymore. All these tech "journalists" just seem like fanboys to me, reporting on emotion instead of fact.

If you have been using an iPhone all your life and you review a Blackberry of course you won't find things you like and things won't work like you are used to. Their "review" is basically as useful and informative as if I review an iPhone on my trip to wherever and can't find BB travel, or BBM, or a notification signal, or a place to write memos, and I keep getting interrupted by the annoying popups of iOS. The difference is I am just a regular consumer not a tech "journalist" and so I will be completely biased but I don't have my own show...

...hmmm on second thought maybe I should have my own show on CNET since I can do exactly what these clowns did!
    Last edited by AjaxMilanBarcaSC; 03-19-13 at 07:07 PM. Reason: grammar
    lotuslanderz likes this.
    03-19-13 06:47 PM
    Hey CB Kevin, you mentioned going back to the 'old' CB, stating you were going to start calling-out these sites, bloggers, etc - well this one is gift wrapped for you. I want to see a rebuttal on CB front page, please!
    03-19-13 07:08 PM
    I KNOW RIGHT?! Don't they know that there are people around the world that are starved of the z10 and would do almost anything to get it! What a waste of perfectly good tech!
    It pains me to see that happen. There should be some sort of disclaimer when buying such items to tech reviewers that states a willful public demonstration of this device's senseless destruction is a criminal offense. (Of course it is not but I feel that when something like this is done, it is a huge discredit and insult to those involved with the manufacturing, engineering, design, creation, creativity of the device.) I just don't understand why one would do that. That goes for any device. How can you hate something so much especially if you haven’t given it time to be learned and understood?
    That was certainly a daming review! They couldn't wait to destroy the phone and laughed when it broke. I never saw them drop a phone from such a height onto concrete! I saw them drop an iPhone from about 6 feet! They certainly didn't know how to use the phone & said it was hard to learn. Is it really that hard?
    03-19-13 07:11 PM
    And in another schizophrenic moment on TWIT, Laporte mocks the look and feel of the Z10 because it looks just like an iPhone (which is good looking right?). Then after they all trash it he ends by saying "but BlackBerry 10 is kind of nice. It's fast. It's snappy".

Lol. So does it all suck or doesn't it? I am confused.
    03-19-13 07:42 PM
    I did a search of a hotel address in the same city as those two...found it after 2 seconds. No problems.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-13 07:48 PM
    Posted via CB10
    03-19-13 07:51 PM
    They didn't trash it, they objectively tested it. Sorry guys, BB10 isn't ready for prime time. I know that may hurt some of your Canadian pride but BB is not ready to enter the arena with the big boys.
    03-19-13 07:51 PM
52 123