Hopefully updating the OS isn't a pain in the anus like it is with old Blackberrys.
    02-02-13 06:33 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=7876280 OUTLOOK SYNC  10

Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    02-02-13 06:49 PM
    All it needs is a nice tune, that's all. Where's the Jesus phone anyways?

Sent from my Blackberry Playbook using Tapatalk 2.
    02-02-13 06:51 PM
    Who cares if they're talking "10.1"? There are multiple threads here where people are already asking about BB11! 10.1 isn't too crazy to think about right now.
    02-02-13 09:29 PM
    Seeing as panorama wasn't included with the release device but was shown off its clear they plan to release more features in an update. My question is why hold it back? I also don't get the q10 delay. It looked pretty functional at launch. Could be delays in manufacturing? So I'm curious about a couple of things, specifically the toned down launch. I'm thinking perhaps they changed a few aspects when they knew US would not be available immediately. Doesn't seem to fit, but all I can think of atm
    02-02-13 09:48 PM
    Yeah, I think you'll see a maintenance release fairly soon for the Z10 that addresses some little bugs and nit picks, then knowing how BlackBerry has rolled in the past, I'd expect a bigger 10.1 release with new features a little later this year. BlackBerry Live is in May.. would make a smart time.
    Kevin, have you every heard anything regarding BlackBerry's policy regarding how they will distribute updates to the OS?

Does the way they intend to distribute future OS updates allow for any third party to delay their release (e.g. carriers) due to "necessary adjustments" as this is the case with some OEMs in Android land?
    02-04-13 10:44 AM
    Does the way they intend to distribute future OS updates allow for any third party to delay their release (e.g. carriers) due to "necessary adjustments" as this is the case with some OEMs in Android land?
    To my knowledge, its not BlackBerry's policy. I'm pretty sure it is a requirement of carriers to inspect the OS and updates before they are released. For example, the experience of the PlayBook VS the 4G PlayBook. Although now our OS updates will be smooth like the PlayBook they may also be delayed more like the 4G PlayBook.
    02-04-13 10:58 AM
    Yeah, I think you'll see a maintenance release fairly soon for the Z10 that addresses some little bugs and nit picks, then knowing how BlackBerry has rolled in the past, I'd expect a bigger 10.1 release with new features a little later this year. BlackBerry Live is in May.. would make a smart time.

When we first saw the Z10 months ago, we were told even then that the Z10 was in feature set lock down for launch... but you could tell then even that they already had a clear roadmap of what else they wanted to build in. So I think you'll see a lot of stuff happen in 10.1 when it hits.
    Kevin, do you mean that they stopped putting stuff in the release version and everything since then has been for 10.1?
    02-04-13 11:03 AM
    I'm pretty sure it is a requirement of carriers to inspect the OS and updates before they are released. For example, the experience of the PlayBook VS the 4G PlayBook.
    Thank you for your reply! Do you have further information on this point?

For comparison I only observe that Google pushes out new Android OS updates to their Nexus range of products simultaneously as does Apple for their iOS range - independent of anything specific to certain carriers (or whether it is the cellular version of the iPad or not).
    02-04-13 11:36 AM
    Seems that you are right. There is no USB sync with Outlook in BlackBerry Link for the new BB10 phones. Third party paid apps are coming available, but the native functionality seems to have been left behind. Gotta say, I'm pretty shocked. I may end up selling my Z10. Wow.
    If you do, I'm ready to buy!
    02-04-13 01:33 PM
    If you do, I'm ready to buy!
    HA HA! That was a heat of the moment comment. I get mine tomorrow. Can't wait.
    02-04-13 02:37 PM
36 12