Hello, I'm not very well versed when it comes to cloud storage. If anyone can assist I would like to hear some of the best free possibilities to access large files several gigabytes in size from my pc straight to my BlackBerry 10

Kah
    04-20-13 07:35 PM
    Box and Dropbox integrated into the file manager. You can pin specific folders for offline access if you like.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 07:38 PM
    I was considering using one of those options but I saw that it only supports a maximum of about five gb in file storage. I need something to store large files not small documents, thanks for your feedback

Kah
    04-20-13 07:44 PM
    I was considering using one of those options but I saw that it only supports a maximum of about five gb in file storage.
    How much storage do you need in total? If you tell us how much we can make better suggestions.
    04-20-13 07:46 PM
    the most that I can get that is free , as I stated I'm not looking for something with a monthly or yearly service , if that wasn't an issue I would just purchase one with unlimited storage.
    04-20-13 07:49 PM
    the most that I can get that is free , as I stated I'm not looking for something with a monthly or yearly service , if that wasn't an issue I would just purchase one with unlimited storage.
    If you open a Box account, email customer support and ask nicely, they will increase your free storage to 50GB.

That's the most I know of for free. Of course, you can always set up your own cloud and have as much as you want.
    04-20-13 07:53 PM
    If you open a Box account, email customer support and ask nicely, they will increase your free storage to 50GB.

That's the most I know of for free. Of course, you can always set up your own cloud and have as much as you want.
    thanks for your response , I will look into the box option . Is there some sort of walk through available for setting up your own , I don't mind going through the necessary steps if it results in good productivity with unlimited storage
    04-20-13 07:57 PM
    I also just read that the maximum file size on box is 1 GB which is going to be an issue , don't think that will be an actual option anymore
    04-20-13 08:00 PM
    You can use something like OwnCloud. Here are some instructions. There are lots of ways to do it. You have to either have some tech knowledge or the time to work on it. Most people like me who don't have the time just pay $4.95 a month and get what they need, but you can do it yourself for sure.
    04-20-13 08:05 PM
    You can use something like OwnCloud. Here are some instructions. There are lots of ways to do it. You have to either have some tech knowledge or the time to work on it. Most people like me who don't have the time just pay $4.95 a month and get what they need, but you can do it yourself for sure.
    thanks for the help , doesnt sound like its worth the effort . Think I am just gonna do some searching for some pricing on some 64 GB cards ( think that is the max z10 supports ) and access media that way
    04-20-13 09:34 PM
    04-21-13 01:58 AM
    Hello I want to get a yacht for free. It must be two stories high. With maid service included. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 04:06 AM
    thanks for the help , doesnt sound like its worth the effort . Think I am just gonna do some searching for some pricing on some 64 GB cards ( think that is the max z10 supports ) and access media that way
    The effort expended in setting up ownCloud is worth it if you have a large volume of content or prefer control over the long term access. Here is an excellent tutorial for you. http://www.unixmen.com/setup-your-pe...sing-owncloud/

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    04-21-13 08:44 AM
    yeah but those cloud subscriptions he is talking about are paid descriptions and if they aren't I haven't read any that support uploads of files in several GB in size without a payment plan , which is what I would require
    04-21-13 02:44 PM
    The effort expended in setting up ownCloud is worth it if you have a large volume of content or prefer control over the long term access. Here is an excellent tutorial for you. Setup your personal Cloud server in minutes using ownCloud | Unixmen

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    to much heavy coding , I will use this as an utmost last resort
    04-21-13 02:51 PM